Delurk...

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderators: Global Moderators, Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Delurk...

Postby lev_lafayette on Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:10 am

Well hello everyone,

I joined Conquer Club a few days ago and am currently playing in four games and have completed three; two of which I won :D

(Which means I'm not even a cook yet..)

I must admit I came to message another person whom I've been wanting to talk to for a while (on another game-related issue) and courtesy of a google search I found them here. Hooray, and conversation has started.

I must confess it wasn't until the second turn of the game that I realised (sotto-vocce) what game from the 70s I was playing.

I've made a couple of terrible newbie mistakes of course. Placing reinforcements in the wrong location, attacking the wrong targets, not making inroads into areas that I should and so forth.

Still, it's been great fun and I suspect I might be here a while.

Thanks for listening to my delurky introduction.
Sergeant 1st Class lev_lafayette

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Delurk...

Postby celliottii on Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:27 am

lev_lafayette wrote:I've made a couple of terrible newbie mistakes of course. Placing reinforcements in the wrong location, attacking the wrong targets, not making inroads into areas that I should and so forth.

That's exactly how I play! LOL Welcome to CC and feel free to send invites anytime.
Image[/URL][/img]
Corporal 1st Class celliottii
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Training Achievement (6)
Challenge Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby lev_lafayette on Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:03 am

celliottii wrote:That's exactly how I play! LOL Welcome to CC and feel free to send invites anytime.

Ahh, excellent! I'll keep doing it then :D

Look forward to seeing you on the battlefield somewhere!
Sergeant 1st Class lev_lafayette

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby dhallmeyer on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:43 am

If you're interested in getting some formal training, we can do that.

Major dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Training Achievement (4) General Contribution (10)

Return to SoC Training Grounds