Conquer Club

Greetings and Salutations

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Greetings and Salutations

Postby AhmenRa on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:47 am

New to the on-line game and would be interested in signing up for a class. Reading the boards to get some basics of the style of play.

Typical story I guess, played the board game in college and some in the military. But haven't played for years due to RL and no one around. Buddy calls me up and next thing you know I'm signed up (shades and shadows of the military coming back to haunt me ;) ) We are playing one game (my first) head to head just to figure out what's what - I will naturally win :mrgreen: and would like to keep winning. And that means training.

So, yup, looks like I might be in for a full blown addiction (again).

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts,
AhmenRa
Private 1st Class AhmenRa

Re: Greetings and Salutations

Postby gloryordeath on Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:19 pm

LOL what a way to start off. OK I''l send you a PM on what we teach but new recruits must complete 5 games to gain rank before you can play the games we teach. I would suggest you try some standard games on simple maps first and stay out of the fog till you get your barrings. I'll add you to a class room and as games start up in it you can see what we do and follow along with the other students as they play till you can post games of your own.
The Society of Cooks Train a cook today battle an officer tomorrow! Making good players great! viewtopic.php?f=341&t=74468

xiGAMES Member

Lieutenant gloryordeath

Postby AhmenRa on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:41 pm

AH, ok, got it - the five game thing.... Dang, was hoping to start off by learning what to do before getting killed first. Guess it's the old meat grinder theory employed here..... oh, and FYI, he killed me off in sort order. I got to figure out all the buttons and such. Wish there was a redo button as I fat fingered my turns a few times not really know what the deal was.

Again, thanks for all your time and efforts...
Private 1st Class AhmenRa

Postby gloryordeath on Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:06 pm

I suggest using firefox as a server and installing bob. It will greatly reduce new player mistakes while your learning the buttons. There is a install instructions in your classroom.
The Society of Cooks Train a cook today battle an officer tomorrow! Making good players great! viewtopic.php?f=341&t=74468

xiGAMES Member

Lieutenant gloryordeath

Return to SoC Training Grounds