BeNeLux [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:36 pm

Would you be so kind to please provide me with the text links to the large and small map, along with the XML?

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby MarVal on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:50 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Would you be so kind to please provide me with the text links to the large and small map, along with the XML?

--Andy

Hello Andy,

I've sent you a PM with the links.

Grtz
MarVal
Image highest score: 2157 (Major) / Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
ImageImage
Corporal 1st Class MarVal

Medals: 53
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)
Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (15) General Contribution (5)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:44 pm

Quenching

The Final Forge period has concluded for the BeNeLux Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for live play (barring any Lack vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

–Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby DiM on Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:45 pm

woohoo. congrats marval =D>
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby dominationnation on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:58 pm

ITS QUENCHING TIME \:D/
Cook dominationnation

Postby Wisse on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:53 am

gratz
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Medals: 1
Map Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:55 am

Congrats Marval.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Congratulations

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:17 am

Marval....congratulations....long haul to the finish line....worth the effort I'm sure! :D
Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby onbekende on Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:58 am

:D
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Sergeant onbekende

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Everybody thanks for your support.

Postby MarVal on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:34 pm

Everybody thanks for your support.

And also great, great and great thanks for the two members:
Nikita_2006 and Onbekende.

They started the idea for a BeneLux map on the Dutch Language Forum. And the three of us we brainstormed how can do it.

With there help and support, we managed to make the Final map!

Again my thanks to you all.

Grtz
MarVal
ImageImage

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby RobinJ on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:43 pm

Well done Marval - good map here
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby sunshining on Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:24 am

congrats MarVal \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D>
Corporal 1st Class sunshining

Medals: 56
Most Improved Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (3)

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:23 am

Congratulations MarVal. I am very happy to see your map quenched and I think you did a great job!

Do you plan on making any other maps in the future?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (3) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby MarVal on Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:08 pm

Ruben Cassar wrote:Congratulations MarVal. I am very happy to see your map quenched and I think you did a great job!

Do you plan on making any other maps in the future?

First of all thanks, Ruben.

And yes, Its hard working, but I like making maps.
I have some maps in mind that can be developed and hopefully Cc members like them too.

But now I'm just exciting that the BeNeLux map will be playable on CC.
Thats terrific and fun. And can't wait if the gameplay and strategylevel will be good for live playing.

Now I can work on with my tourney's and a new one.

CU around the Topics.

Grtz
MarVal
ImageImage

Postby onbekende on Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:04 pm

recognition is all I want

the map is all I need :D
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Sergeant onbekende

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:47 pm

The XML is missing the Capitals
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby unriggable on Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:52 pm

ITS UP!
Cook unriggable

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:12 pm

It also says that Vlaams can not attack Liege
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby t.e.c on Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:45 pm

i'm playing a game and it appears on the map that i can attack zuid-holland from markizaat but it isn't in the drop-down list.
Corporal t.e.c

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby RjBeals on Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:50 am

Also, xml does not let Oost-Vlaanderen attack Vlaams-Ardennen
Private RjBeals

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Postby Forza AZ on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:08 am

All mistakes I found here:

-capitals bonus is not in the XML

-In XML Zuid Holland doesn't connect to Markizaat, on map is does
-In XML Vlaams doesn't connect to Liege, on map it does
Colonel Forza AZ

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (2)

Postby Forza AZ on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:10 am

RjBeals wrote:Also, xml does not let Oost-Vlaanderen attack Vlaams-Ardennen

They are in the XML, only it's called Ardennen there and not Vlaams-Ardennen.
Colonel Forza AZ

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)

Postby RjBeals on Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:29 am

Forza AZ wrote:
RjBeals wrote:Also, xml does not let Oost-Vlaanderen attack Vlaams-Ardennen

They are in the XML, only it's called Ardennen there and not Vlaams-Ardennen.

Well thats stupid. I wish I would have known that.
Private RjBeals

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:36 am

Forza AZ wrote:All mistakes I found here:

Those were already said :P
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Forza AZ on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:08 am

Gilligan wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:All mistakes I found here:

Those were already said :P

Just wanted to say that these are all mistakes I found in the XML (well, maybe the Ardennen (XML)/Vlaamse Ardennen (map) to add to this. Not really a mistake off course, but a bit confusing).
Colonel Forza AZ

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas