Conquer Club

Lunar War [GP, G, X] files on p.1

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Lunar War [GP, G, X] files on p.1

Postby MrBenn on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:04 am

Cyclone_23x wrote:So I've been playing games on here lately and I want to know what has changed.

It seems that either the bases reset to 17 or start at 17 or both? which is it?

Thanks in advance!

New games will have the bases starting at 17 and resetting to 17.

Existing games will also now reset to 17 (although may not have 17 already on them)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:25 pm

I've been playing 17 neutral games and haven't noticed much of a difference in people going for the shuttles. The objective is fine I think, but I also think the base neutrals need to be hiked up to 20.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Leehar on Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I've been playing 17 neutral games and haven't noticed much of a difference in people going for the shuttles. The objective is fine I think, but I also think the base neutrals need to be hiked up to 20.

-Sully

Nooo, I like using the base neutrals. Why not try look at making the shuttles more appealing, instead of the bases more unappealing?

But nonetheless, if you're looking for a Das schloss type feel, then I think the only way is to do a 60 type on the bases, anything less and the shuttles still look less appealing as an objective.
(I basically look at it as, I usually only have 5/4 + 17 before I can start hitting the enemy and look at eliminating, reducing troop counts etc, while with shuttle's it's upward of 30 to hold with whatever more to get to them, and the unlikely possibility of holding them when the opponent can still deploy 16 troops etc) (obviously I'm primarily thinking of 1v1, but the general principle holds true hopefully and you get what I'm saying)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Let's wait for a while before jumping into conclusions.

I've already won a game via the objective - and this was before the update. Like I said before, I don't want to mess with the gameplay too much, I kinda like the dynamics of the game right now, so if there's no real problems with the gameplay I'm hesitant to make any changes just because a map doesn't play like I had planned... after all, the mapmaker only provides the scenario, it's up to the players to come up with the strategies for it.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:29 pm

I lost my shuttle by my third turn in at least three games since the update came out, and one guy was actually eliminated by the third turn! Seems like it's still flawed to me.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:07 pm

You're just not playing it right.

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:35 pm

natty_dread wrote:You're just not playing it right.

Lol, okay then. So my going for the He-3 reserves (aka the OBJECTIVE) is "not playing it right"? Just sayin'...
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:53 pm

:P

Well in my experience, on this map (as on many others) the strategy varies widely from one game type to another. But generally, it is not wise to go for the objective right at the start, you should first concentrate on strengthening your positions so that you will also be able to hold the objective once you manage to grab it.

Anyway, I'm just sayin' we should wait for further input from people playing on various game types before declaring the map "flawed".

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:53 pm

natty_dread wrote:Well in my experience, on this map (as on many others) the strategy varies widely from one game type to another. But generally, it is not wise to go for the objective right at the start, you should first concentrate on strengthening your positions so that you will also be able to hold the objective once you manage to grab it.

That's what I do...
Anyway, I'm just sayin' we should wait for further input from people playing on various game types before declaring the map "flawed".[/quote]
Very well, Mr. Dread, very well... We shall see who wins this debate soon enough! Smithers! My bags, please! Good day to you sir.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby melech14 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:08 am

I like the gameplay but have never seen anyone take the objective. I think 17 neutral on bases is fine, but it would be nice to seee another change on the objective: how about 3 shuttles and 3 mine (or 4 mines).... that wat you will need to take the base at least once to gain a shuttle... and the objective will be an actual threat earlier in the game. Great map!
Sergeant melech14

Postby natty dread on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:01 pm

melech14 wrote:I like the gameplay but have never seen anyone take the objective. I think 17 neutral on bases is fine, but it would be nice to seee another change on the objective: how about 3 shuttles and 3 mine (or 4 mines).... that wat you will need to take the base at least once to gain a shuttle... and the objective will be an actual threat earlier in the game. Great map!

Except for 2 player games where both start with 4 shuttles.

Postby Leehar on Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:32 pm

natty_dread wrote:
melech14 wrote:I like the gameplay but have never seen anyone take the objective. I think 17 neutral on bases is fine, but it would be nice to seee another change on the objective: how about 3 shuttles and 3 mine (or 4 mines).... that wat you will need to take the base at least once to gain a shuttle... and the objective will be an actual threat earlier in the game. Great map!

Except for 2 player games where both start with 4 shuttles.

Thats actually an idea, why not in a 2 player have less shuttles, maybe 2 like in Feudal (tho it's objective is different.), or make the bases only capable of hitting separate shuttles (tho that would require maybe 1 more or less bases.) - this would maybe make it more like Das schloss where you actually may need to hit more than one of the bases to eliminate the opponent. These would just give another element of guesswork and make it less important to go directly for the bases, and start lowering your opponents drop.
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby natty dread on Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:45 pm

Not possible.

Postby MrBenn on Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:51 pm

Has this discussion about neutral values come to a conclusion, or is there still some negotiation/discussion ongoing?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:14 pm

I retract my previous statement about upping the neutral count on the bases. I've been playing a bunch of Lunar War games (a lot of them I'm winning - OMG!) and I think the objective is much more doable and the base use has decreased (in a good way). I think we're ready for quench if you ask me, MrBenn. ;)
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby natty dread on Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:30 pm

If no one has any complaints about the gameplay, I'm ok with releasing this from beta.

Postby jrh_cardinal on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:07 pm

natty_dread wrote:If no one has any complaints about the gameplay, I'm ok with releasing this from beta.

yes please :D , preferably before saturday (probably not gonna happen)
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby natty dread on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:11 am

Why before saturday?

Postby jrh_cardinal on Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 pm

because that's when the last round of the clan league starts, and we can't use beta maps.
Sergeant 1st Class jrh_cardinal

Postby natty dread on Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:26 pm

Well, we still have a few days then. If nothing comes up by friday I'll use my mind control ray on the foundry mods to get this quenched.

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:05 pm

natty_dread wrote:Well, we still have a few days then. If nothing comes up by friday I'll use my mind control ray on the foundry mods to get this quenched.

Damn, I wish I could do that!!! Does it work on admins?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby ender516 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:36 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
natty_dread wrote:Well, we still have a few days then. If nothing comes up by friday I'll use my mind control ray on the foundry mods to get this quenched.

Hard to say... can you focus the ray that small? :-k :lol: Just kidding, I have nothing but respect for the admins. I just couldn't resist a setup line like that!
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby natty dread on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:19 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:

It does, but you need at least 40 internets to be able to operate it.

Postby Gilligan on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:57 pm

I think it's time for the QuenchBot!
Captain Gilligan

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:03 pm

Gilligan wrote:I think it's time for the QuenchBot!

Here! Here!
Lieutenant isaiah40

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas