Nordic Countries [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nordic Countries <v.10> Major update! p1,4

Postby natty dread on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Well, I just couldn't stop there. I'll just call this version 11. I'm on a roll...

Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Nordic Countries <v.11> Major update! p1,4

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:35 pm

Drop those dotted lines, it messes up the map. I like the original lines better!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby captainwalrus on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:37 pm

yeah, and some of the color combinations are odd. why not just kep the solidish coloors?
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby natty dread on Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:45 pm

Well, someone suggested gradients for the bonus areas, and I thought why not. It's not done in very many maps. But meh... I kinda like the gradients, I can change the colours though... Now that the legend is graphic, it doesn't matter if you can tell the continents apart, as long as you see where one ends and one begins...

How do you like the new legend? Is it clear enough, particularly on the superbonuses? Do you "get" it? I didn't have space to put it in text, so I came up with this solution with the arrows...

Hmm. I thought the dotted lines would have been better than solid, since so many people didn't like the lines-and-circles approach... I guess I'll go back to the old lines, but modify them a bit.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Nordic Countries <v.12> Major update! p1,7

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:54 am

Version 12

Click image to enlarge.

Went back to the solid lines between cities. Changed colour scheme. Added a gradient mask to one of the ocean layers. Added country names to minimap.

Re: Nordic Countries <v.11> Major update! p1,6

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:11 pm

Alright, like everyone, I want a Scandanavia map to conquer on ect. So I really hope this map turns out well.

Most of crits are graphics but there is a gameplay in there as well.

First off... If you've read my post on Hijrah, I hate cities with lines connecting. I want to conquer large swaths of land and establish my cold, arctic empire. Cities are unrealistic, what about the partisans in the mountains? Is this a light occupation or a full occupation!?! But jokes aside, I prefer the visual recognition of captured territories with continuous borders rather the three lines in. It's just too hard for me to play and recognize what it is I'm doing. Quite simply, I probably wouldn't play this map if the territories were cities.

Plus, the title is Nordic countries and not Nordic cities, so if you insist on pursuing the ball and stick approach, change the name at least.

The name also implies that there are nation-states involved here but, for the sake of bonuses, I count eight instead of five. I understand the need for smaller bonus regions and agree, it needs to be broken up. But the graphics could go a long way to make it seem as if South Finland and North Finland are actually part of the same country. Make Finland two shades of white with blue writing. Make Sweden two shades of light blue with gold writing, ect. Add some theme into this map and it will go a long way.

Lastly, what's with the Nintendo Graphics? Blocky pixel letters and harsh connection lines? Go Viking or something, most especially in font.

http://www.castlesncrypts.com/fonts-viking.shtml for example

And the one thing I don't liek about this map's gameplay is the lack of mountains. For whatever reason, I think of Nordic as cold, snowy and mountains. Whereas everything's kind of cool disco colors and at best, the connection lines could be interpreted as snow footprints or something.

But I want the gameplay of the map to reflect the terrain of the Nordic Countries and I think this would be appropriate for a map like this.

Anyway, I think you've got the skills to pull this off. Good luck, we need a Scandinavia/Nordic map.

EDIT... you made some change while I posted :)

Finland looks good, though losing the green would be best. Norway looks good too, except lose the yellow and go with either blue or white. I think my comments ont he font still stands and the sea lanes are a little blocky as well. You changed the city connections, but again, please go for territories.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Re: Nordic Countries <v.11> Major update! p1,6

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:49 pm

First of all, thanks for your long post. I'll try to answer in detail...

Industrial Helix wrote:Alright, like everyone, I want a Scandanavia map to conquer on ect. So I really hope this map turns out well.

Most of crits are graphics but there is a gameplay in there as well.

First off... If you've read my post on Hijrah, I hate cities with lines connecting. I want to conquer large swaths of land and establish my cold, arctic empire. Cities are unrealistic, what about the partisans in the mountains? Is this a light occupation or a full occupation!?! But jokes aside, I prefer the visual recognition of captured territories with continuous borders rather the three lines in. It's just too hard for me to play and recognize what it is I'm doing. Quite simply, I probably wouldn't play this map if the territories were cities.

So, you won't be playing the new classic map either? ;)

Plus, the title is Nordic countries and not Nordic cities, so if you insist on pursuing the ball and stick approach, change the name at least.

Have to disagree here. Nordic countries describes the area that the map represents precisely. Nordic cities, what does that even mean? It just sounds bad.

The name also implies that there are nation-states involved here but, for the sake of bonuses, I count eight instead of five. I understand the need for smaller bonus regions and agree, it needs to be broken up. But the graphics could go a long way to make it seem as if South Finland and North Finland are actually part of the same country. Make Finland two shades of white with blue writing. Make Sweden two shades of light blue with gold writing, ect. Add some theme into this map and it will go a long way.

Lastly, what's with the Nintendo Graphics? Blocky pixel letters and harsh connection lines? Go Viking or something, most especially in font.

Viking? I see only three viking countries here. There is a theme on the map, the theme is nordic countries. And quite frankly, IMO that's all the theme a basic geographical map needs... Does Netherlands have a theme? Does Luxembourg have a theme? To mention two quite popular maps, which don't seem to have any theme whatsoever.

As for the "Nintendo graphics", Andy said a couple updates back that the graphical style reminded him of Wargames (the movie). And suggested that I pursue that graphical style, as he thought it could work for the map. Now you say you don't like the style. Can't please everyone I guess...

As for the Viking theme, it wouldn't be accurate to the area of the map. There's Sweden and Finland, two major countries of this map, which have nothing to do with Vikings. Well, maybe Sweden, but not to the extent that Norway, Iceland and Denmark do. I want this map to represent all of the Nordic countries, not just half of them.

And the one thing I don't liek about this map's gameplay is the lack of mountains. For whatever reason, I think of Nordic as cold, snowy and mountains. Whereas everything's kind of cool disco colors and at best, the connection lines could be interpreted as snow footprints or something.

There's only one mountain range, between Norway and Sweden. This is already represented in the map in a way, by the lack of connections between the cities of Northern Norway & Sweden. However I do intend to put those mountains in there at some point. As soon as I manage to draw a mountain range that I like, and that fits the map's style.

But I want the gameplay of the map to reflect the terrain of the Nordic Countries and I think this would be appropriate for a map like this.

Anyway, I think you've got the skills to pull this off. Good luck, we need a Scandinavia/Nordic map.

Thanks, I'm doing my best. :)

EDIT... you made some change while I posted :)

Finland looks good, though losing the green would be best. Norway looks good too, except lose the yellow and go with either blue or white. I think my comments ont he font still stands and the sea lanes are a little blocky as well. You changed the city connections, but again, please go for territories.

I have been considering going with territories instead of cities. There are a few problems though...

First of all, how would I divide the countries into territories? Would the territories still be cities, or regions of the countries? Or both? There would have to be some consistency into the naming of the territories.

If I was to use cities, how would I decide the borders of the territories? Would I use borders of regions where the cities are? What if there's 2 or more cities in the same region?

If I was to use the regions themselves, well, there's still problems. For example, Finland doesn't have enough regions, particularly in northern finland. All of Northern Finland which is now 4 cities would become 1 huge territory...

When I started designing this map, I took a long look at the regions of each country. Then I took a long look at the cities of each country and decided that going with the cities would be easier.

I have no objections about using territories, if it comes to that, but these issues need to be resolved somehow, first.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. I will make a note of all the issues you have raised, and try to figure a way to address these issues in the next update.

Postby RedBaron0 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:05 pm

Poll Results:

======================================================================

Poll: What to do with Estonia

-Keep it----------------------------------------------------------------------------------7....32%

-Remove it and rename the map "Nordic Countries"---------------------------10...45%

-Who cares, this map is crap anyway and you should stop development ASAP--5....23%

======================================================================

Total votes : 22
ImageImageImage
Lieutenant RedBaron0
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 85
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (9)
Clan Achievement (9) Challenge Achievement (1) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (12)

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:03 pm

As for the classic map, Eh... I'm already hesitant to play it whenever it comes out. I really don't like lines. Classic Art will probably be my classic map of choice.

Nordic cities, you are using cities, yes? I read country as either a nation-state or country as in geographic area. If you plan to go ahead with cities, I think naming it Nordic Countries would be inaccurate.

As for Vikings, google images for Viking Countries maps tells me Norway is included somewhere with Sweden, so is Finland and Iceland reads something like a Nordic/Viking Colony. Wikipedia informs me Norway does in fact fall under Viking settled areas, however, Finland is labeled an area heavily raided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Viking_Expansion.svg

Finland and parts of Norway were all part of the Kingdom/Empire of Sweden during the early modern era... Interestingly enough so was Estonia... it's a long shot but consider doing a historical Empire of Sweden map?

While Luxembourg and Netherlands do not have a "theme" they have very strong graphical cohesion as Netherlands relies heavily on the flag and Luxembourg uses a winning palette of blue hues. No, there isn't a theme per se, but it has all the cohesion of its own theme. I think this map, at this stage, does not have this.

You don't have to go for a Viking theme but I think you should use fonts and colors indicative of the countries, nations and culture being represented. You may be echoing Wargames the movie, but I have no idea what that is and apparently its reach is not as universal as Scandinavian culture.

As for the territories, keep the same gameplay cause you've already got it worked out. Just draw in territories that match it. If north Finland has 4 cities then break that down into four territories and keep the names.

I drew some quick territories on this map... the only connection i couldn't figure out is Arvisjaur and Umea... which if there's no mountains there I don't see how they couldn't attack each other.

Click image to enlarge.
Cook Industrial Helix

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:26 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:As for the classic map, Eh... I'm already hesitant to play it whenever it comes out. I really don't like lines. Classic Art will probably be my classic map of choice.

Eh... yeah. Well, these are personal preferences, as if you look at the new classic map there are tons of people who are going to play it, despite it not having conventional territories.

Personally, I like the interconnected cities approach, somehow, for me, it's even easier to figure out than territories with borders.

Nordic cities, you are using cities, yes? I read country as either a nation-state or country as in geographic area. If you plan to go ahead with cities, I think naming it Nordic Countries would be inaccurate.

As for Vikings, google images for Viking Countries maps tells me Norway is included somewhere with Sweden, so is Finland and Iceland reads something like a Nordic/Viking Colony. Wikipedia informs me Norway does in fact fall under Viking settled areas, however, Finland is labeled an area heavily raided.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Viking_Expansion.svg

Finland and parts of Norway were all part of the Kingdom/Empire of Sweden during the early modern era... Interestingly enough so was Estonia... it's a long shot but consider doing a historical Empire of Sweden map?

Well... While a historical Empire of Sweden -map would be great, it is not what I'm going for with this map. This map is not a historical map, this is a modern map... I think changing it now into a historical map would be too dramatic.

As for Estonia... aaargh! I just got rid of Estonia, when the majority of people were telling me that Estonia doesn't fit in to the map.

Perhaps, though... if this map stalls like my first project, I could turn this into a historical project... time will tell.

While Luxembourg and Netherlands do not have a "theme" they have very strong graphical cohesion as Netherlands relies heavily on the flag and Luxembourg uses a winning palette of blue hues. No, there isn't a theme per se, but it has all the cohesion of its own theme. I think this map, at this stage, does not have this.

You're quite right, and while I was out buying food & cigarettes (nasty habit, that) I had a few ideas on how to fix this. Wait and see... ;)

As for the territories, keep the same gameplay cause you've already got it worked out. Just draw in territories that match it. If north Finland has 4 cities then break that down into four territories and keep the names.

I drew some quick territories on this map... the only connection i couldn't figure out is Arvisjaur and Umea... which if there's no mountains there I don't see how they couldn't attack each other.

You're right about Arvidsjaur and Umeå, they should be connected. The connection seems to have slipped my mind...

Click image to enlarge.
[/quote]

The only problem I can see with this is that these borders are not accurate, they do not represent any real city or region borders. Do you not think I would be hearing about it, particularly from the Swedes and Norwegians who already complain if the wrong cities are on the map? ;) (no offense to these individuals, I'm just poking fun at you guys)

No, I'm afraid that if I'm going to go with the territory & borders approach, I will have to come up with something creative. I have a plan for this, which also came to me while I was outside... nothing like fresh air to get those brain cells moving. ;)

Postby Evil DIMwit on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:25 pm

I don't think this map ought to have anything to do with Vikings. The modern Nordic countries have enough interesting going for them without resorting to millennium-old history. As Helix suggested, you should try to incorporate each country's flag colors.

I think you've done the cities-connected-by-lines look quite well. If you do decide to keep it, I'd suggest making the water paths more similar to the land paths -- perhaps the same style as the land paths, only dotted.

I don't like how you can see the land behind the legend. It makes it a little confusing to look at.
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:27 pm

Thanks for your opinions, E. Dimwit. I might adjust the legend and the sea connections... But, as for the sea connections, I'm not sure if they will be visible enough with the blend mode I'm using on the land connections. I can try it...

As for you, I. Helix, here's version 13 which is a double version - one with borders, one with connections.

Version 13 - borders

Click image to enlarge.

Version 13 A - connections

Click image to enlarge.

The new colour scheme should give a more "nordic" feel to the map. I realized that differentiating the bonus areas with colours wouldn't be necessary anymore, since there's a minimap that shows the bonus areas... So, now it should also be clear which bonus areas are in the same country.

Re: Nordic Countries <v.13> Major update! p1,7

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:22 pm

It's an improvement I think. I like the territories over the cities for sure :)

Norway, in particular, looks pretty good with the variances of blue. Maybe try it with white instead of sky blue? Or perhaps red?

For the other countries, I don't quite understand where the green is coming from, yellow and blue in Sweden would be great and blue white should go with Finland.

Denmark looks good as well, though I'm leaning towards red and white.

OR you could push this blue thing and go with the cool colors of the north. and swap white for green in all the continents.

You may want to clarify if Mariehamm is Swedish or Finnish.

Iceland, to me, feels like a 2.

And you're major continental borders are pixelated.

Still don't like the font... I'm not saying go Viking with it, and even using a Viking font wouldn't nec. suggest it was a Viking map. To be honest, anything smoother would be better. If you want to keep the style o the current font, perhaps a typewriter font would do?

Anyway, nice work in serving up a major update today!
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Evil DIMwit on Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:34 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:OR you could push this blue thing and go with the cool colors of the north. and swap white for green in all the continents.

I wouldn't recommend that, since Greenland already has a thing very much like that going.

Industrial Helix wrote:Iceland, to me, feels like a 2.

Is that taking into account the capital bonus or no?
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:01 pm

I feel like I should explain the new colours a bit, and my reasons for choosing them...

Iceland (green -> white): this represents, of course, the glacier in the middle of Iceland, and the green on the outer borders is, well, green...

Norway (blue -> cyan): ocean colours for norway, since there are lots of fishermen in norway... and whale hunters...

Sweden (blue -> green): OK, well, I don't really have a good explanation for Sweden, it just fits the theme.

Finland (green -> blue): this represents the forests and lakes of finland (of which we have LOTS!)

Denmark (blue -> grey): I forgot what this represents...

:D

Industrial Helix wrote:It's an improvement I think. I like the territories over the cities for sure :)

Thanks. Maybe I should put a poll about it....

You may want to clarify if Mariehamm is Swedish or Finnish.

Really? To me it seems pretty obvious... It's dark green, and the outer colour of sweden is blue...

Oh well, I guess I could change the colour of sweden...

Iceland, to me, feels like a 2.

Yes well, it does get a 2 (1 bonus + 1 autodeploy).

And you're major continental borders are pixelated.

That's intentional. It's an effect which works really well with the texture of the land, it kinda highlights it.

Still don't like the font... I'm not saying go Viking with it, and even using a Viking font wouldn't nec. suggest it was a Viking map. To be honest, anything smoother would be better. If you want to keep the style o the current font, perhaps a typewriter font would do?

You're referring to the minimap font, or all fonts?

Evil DIMwit wrote:I wouldn't recommend that, since Greenland already has a thing very much like that going.

Yeah, I don't think I will be doing that. However I might yet try the "flag colours" or perhaps even "flag textures" for the countries... Just to see how it would look like.

Stay tuned for more updates...

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:39 pm

I see your reasoning... but would still prefer flag colors. It's not a deal breaker though and I can live with it, change sweden up so it differentiates from Finland.

I dislike all the fonts. It's just they're too blocky.

Pixelation never looks good, it looks careless.

Looking forward to seeing what you've got coming up!
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby natty dread on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:23 pm

I see your reasoning... but would still prefer flag colors. It's not a deal breaker though and I can live with it, change sweden up so it differentiates from Finland.

Yep.

I dislike all the fonts. It's just they're too blocky.

Even the title? :/

Pixelation never looks good, it looks careless.

I disagree. It can be used as an effect, to accentuate, to blur, or to go for an "90:s video game" retro-look. However it needs to be used carefully, and a large pixel size usualy looks better than small. In this case, the thick bevel/shading on the shores is pixelated with 4x4 pixels, then blended with overlay and reduced opacity, to accentuate the texture of the land area. Personally, I feel it works nicely. Take a moment to really look at it, try to get past that first instict of "that's pixelated, not good", and really look at it. You'll see what I mean.

Postby Emmdizzle on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 pm

definitely 13 with borders but I think each country should have it's own color. Don't know why Finland and Sweden are green and Norway is blue?
Brigadier Emmdizzle

Medals: 55
Conqueror Achievement (1) Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (13)

Postby mviola on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:24 am

i don't really like either 13. I like 12 the best because of the coloring of the map
Major mviola

Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:32 am

mviola wrote:i don't really like either 13. I like 12 the best because of the coloring of the map

That's not the point. The point is, do you like the borders or the connecting lines between territories...

Postby Lufsen75 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:00 pm

I like the borders. IF you make the coutries with their flag it would be really great,
Sergeant Lufsen75

Medals: 81
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Am I the only one who would prefer connecting lines? :..(

Postby Evil DIMwit on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:25 pm

natty_dread wrote:Am I the only one who would prefer connecting lines? :..(

I'm with ya, Natty. Like I said, I think you pulled them off well.
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Postby natty dread on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Evil DIMwit wrote:
natty_dread wrote:Am I the only one who would prefer connecting lines? :..(

I'm with ya, Natty. Like I said, I think you pulled them off well.

:) good to hear.

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:18 am

Re: the lines, I think they look pretty bland/unfinished. Midkemdil was the first map I think to employ territory connecting lines all throughout---and though I'm not a huge fan of the map, the lines on that map seemed to fit within the traveling between cities theme. The connecting lines on your map, hm, don't inspire much in me.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas