Re: RAIL ASIA [1.11.12] QUENCHED

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: RAIL ASIA (V04)

Postby captainwalrus on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:05 pm

there is a Russian(a) rail line in between NVK and AST, but no A station station in AST. Why not add AST to the A line and have that station as a A and B station?
Also, there are some other cities where merging 2 stations into one would be good.
Cairo- it would make the Arabian and Ottoman lines flow together, and increase the importance of Cairo since it would be necessary for holding 2 bonuses.
ULB- it is the end of one line and the beginning of another, it would be unlikely that they would have 2 different stations in that city which would make it hard for people to go right through. IT would make it flow better and make it easier for players to move from east to west in the northern part of the map.
~ CaptainWalrus
Private 1st Class captainwalrus

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: RAIL ASIA (V04)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:39 pm

captainwalrus wrote:there is a Russian(a) rail line in between NVK and AST, but no A station station in AST. Why not add AST to the A line and have that station as a A and B station?
Also, there are some other cities where merging 2 stations into one would be good.
Cairo- it would make the Arabian and Ottoman lines flow together, and increase the importance of Cairo since it would be necessary for holding 2 bonuses.
ULB- it is the end of one line and the beginning of another, it would be unlikely that they would have 2 different stations in that city which would make it hard for people to go right through. IT would make it flow better and make it easier for players to move from east to west in the northern part of the map.

OK, i see what you mean, so we have
CAI
AST
ULB
...what about RGP and KUN also to balance the map, you know two each side?
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: RAIL ASIA (V05)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:27 pm

Version 5.
1. Implemented single stations at CAI, AST, ULB, KUN
2. Added the New Delhi to Karachi line

Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Re: RAIL ASIA (V05)(P3) Single stations Added

Postby captainwalrus on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Yes, KUN works well. I like it.
~ CaptainWalrus

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:42 pm

captainwalrus wrote:Yes, KUN works well. I like it.

Excellent, thanks captainwalrus. Notice also the shadows on the continent have been lessened.

Any other suggestion?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:49 pm

Just a nit-pick cairns, the Philippino line in the legend needs to be changed to 'M' from 'L'. What do those two bonuses in the lower right go to. Are they the transcontinental lines you had but removed?

Good work! cheers!
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:31 am

isaiah40 wrote:Just a nit-pick cairns, the Philippino line in the legend needs to be changed to 'M' from 'L'. What do those two bonuses in the lower right go to. Are they the transcontinental lines you had but removed?

Good work! cheers!

:oops: :oops: All fixed and explained on map.
Please F5 to see changes above. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Vacation Request

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:23 am

[ Moved ]

On vacation under mapmaker request

cairnswk wrote:can i have this map placed on vacation in the Dead Bin Projects please.

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: Vacation Request

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:39 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:[ Moved ]

cairnswk wrote:can i have this map placed on vacation in the Dead Bin Projects please.

Man, and just as I was getting into this map :o
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Vacation Request

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:56 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:[ Moved ]

Man, and just as I was getting into this map :o

Isaiah40. i'm sorry, but this may be pulled out later from the Vacation Bin.
But it seems there is not enough support yet.....perhaps there will be more support after the Rail Africa map has run it's time.
I have not given up on this yet. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Re: RAIL ASIA (V05)(P3) Single stations Added [Vacation]

Postby captainwalrus on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:24 pm

I await its triumphant return!
~ CaptainWalrus

Postby ender516 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:22 pm

As do I. I know I saw that it had been started, but since I hadn't posted to it, and I have been following a lot of topics through "View your posts", I lost track of it until today. Still it's a great start. However the red text in the legend for the Russian line has the same legibility problems as it had on Rail Africa. (Perhaps it's too early for graphical nitpicking.)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Bring this map back please!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Major Bruceswar

Medals: 140
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (14) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (18) Training Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:00 am

Bruceswar wrote:Bring this map back please!

Bruceswar....i'd be happy to re-start this, if i knew there was going to be some support for it.
If you can drum up some support, then you'll convince me ;)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:09 am

Well, you do have my support cairns!! :D Please do start this up again!!
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas