Re: RAIL ASIA [1.11.12] QUENCHED

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: RAIL ASIA [12.09.11] V7-P5 Indonesia move

Postby The Bison King on Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:45 am

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EXAMS!!!!

may this stamp bring you luck.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:25 pm

The Bison King wrote:Image

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EXAMS!!!!

may this stamp bring you luck.

thanks tbk...your stamp did bring luck...i got a credit for the exam, yes results were posted a mere 6 hours after doing the exam. i'm astonished with that speed from that process. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Medals: 50
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:22 pm

^^^ It might have brought exam luck but also brought the flu.
I will post something later this week. :)
Corporal cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (35) General Contribution (3)

Postby TaCktiX on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:16 am

Ver goot, we eagerly await.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: RAIL ASIA [21.09.11] V8-P6 Changed gameplay

Postby cairnswk on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Version 8

Changed:
1. reworked some rail lines
2. reworked the staircase
3. added large station doors
4. Dushanbe terminal has been moved and lines connecting to it.
5. The Stanz lines are changed

Corporal cairnswk

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:16 pm

Looking good!! Though I think it would be cool to have a couple of people on the stairs. 8-)
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Looking good!! Though I think it would be cool to have a couple of people on the stairs. 8-)

OK thanks. are there any gameplay issues?
We are in gameplay mode ;)
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:56 pm

• Bonus Areas:
    • Russian (A): +4 or +5
    • The Stanz (B): +4
    • Siberian (C): +4 √
    • Chinese (D): +10
    • Japanese (E): +2 √
    • Ottoman (F): +2 √
    • Arabian (G): +2
    • Iranian (H): +3
    • Pakistani (I): +3 √
    • Indian (J): +4
    • Southeast Asian (K): +5
    • Indonesian (L): +2 √
    • Philippino (M): +1
    • All Yerevan: +3 √
    • All Dushanbe: +4 √
    • (All of the above values are based on number of borders, number of territories, position, and expansion potential.)
  • Other:
    • I think the neutrals on TYO E, TAF H, KHI I, and CAI FG are unnecessary, as the drop percentage is still pretty low without them.
    • In your signature, you seem to point that this map is post-1999, yet one of the rails is named after the Ottoman Empire? Is it still called that today?
-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:54 pm

thanks Sully for that input.
Do you think the connections are solid for gameplay or could they be made better?

The map is set anytime in the future, so for providence sake i have said 2050.
For instance
1. technically Cairo is in Africa - should that be changed to Port Said?
2. should there be a see route from MNL to HCM
3. should AKY join to VOG with same station type as AST
4. is China too large - should it be broken into eastern and westrn china for smaller bonuses.
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:51 pm

cairnswk wrote:thanks Sully for that input.
Do you think the connections are solid for gameplay or could they be made better?

For instance
4. is China too large - should it be broken into eastern and westrn china for smaller bonuses.

Okay.

1. Sure, that sounds good.
2. Nah, I don't think it's necessary, and I think it would just look weird and "out of line" (pun intended).
3. No, I think A and B are already reasonably hard to hold.
4. No, I don't think so, I like the diversity it adds bonus value-wise. But, if you break apart KUN and ULB into 2 territories, it would make the bonus much more possible to achieve.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:37 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
cairnswk wrote:thanks Sully for that input.

For instance

Okay.

1. Sure, that sounds good.
2. Nah, I don't think it's necessary, and I think it would just look weird and "out of line" (pun intended).
3. No, I think A and B are already reasonably hard to hold.
4. No, I don't think so, I like the diversity it adds bonus value-wise. But, if you break apart KUN and ULB into 2 territories, it would make the bonus much more possible to achieve.

-Sully

Thanks Sully, i'll adjust those and post something soon.
Corporal cairnswk

Re: RAIL ASIA [24.09.11] V9-P6 Changed gameplay

Postby cairnswk on Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:45 pm

Version 9

While i'm waiting for feedback on gameplay questions...

1. Added a couple of men walking dow the stairs
2. Added a fruit and flowers stall
3. Added some cross texture to the windows on right
4. adjusted some things sully mentioned.

Corporal cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:32 pm

i guess if there is no more gameplay comments, then this could be stamped and moved to graphics eh?
Corporal cairnswk

Postby Peter Gibbons on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:28 pm

Well for the purposes of discussion, is there any merit to adding any of the following connectioms?

A) IST to TLV
B) MHD to AKY
C) switch the KHI to NDH to a KHI to MBA

No strong feelings on any of these but they do seem to be worth discussing.
Major Peter Gibbons

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5)
Tournament Contribution (30)

Postby cairnswk on Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:31 am

Peter Gibbons wrote:Well for the purposes of discussion, is there any merit to adding any of the following connectioms?

A) IST to TLV
B) MHD to AKY
C) switch the KHI to NDH to a KHI to MBA

No strong feelings on any of these but they do seem to be worth discussing.

Peter, thanks so much for commenting. :)
A) is defintiely doable.
B) MHD to AKY - Aktay is a beachside resort on the Caspian Sea. So that is doable also. There isn't a lot to the north for a connection to VOG. But there is a highway from north of MHD Mashhad to AKY.
C) I wouldn't replace the Karachi to New Delhi line between those two capitals, but i could place the other line betwee Karachi and Mumbai, if that makes strategic sense.
There should really be a line between New Dehli and Islamabad, but there is not room, so i reluctant to pull out the other line between KHI and NDH
Corporal cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas