Conquer Club

Clandemonium [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan Chaos Map

Postby InsomniaRed on Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:17 am

I'm not so sure about having the 'best' clans on this map as a great idea. I mean sure, they've won more clan wars and whatnot, but I think it should be based on longest running clans rather than some ladder. Some of these clans have been around for only a few months, what about the ones that have been active on CC for years? Gen 1, VDLL, and even BpBhave been on here for much longer than say TOFU or KORT. I believe their dedication should be rewarded as being part of this map too. TOFU and KORT just got a bunch of very good, high ranked players together to make unstoppable clans that rose to the top quickly, is it really fair to leave out long-term, hardworking clans? (not saying that newer clans are not hardworking, don't take it that way)

I dunno, it may sound like I am whining or complaining, but this really has nothing to do with my clan being left out, if that is the case. I just feel that longevity is an important factor for this decision, though I believe this map would be very fun :)
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
      I will always love you Nick, Forever.
Major InsomniaRed

Postby nagerous on Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:25 am

Blitzaholic wrote:note: if we went to only 8 clans, I would probably have to lean towards these 8

thota-the horsemen of the apocalypse--want on the map-1
tsm-the spanking monkis-want on the map-2
IA-immortal assassins-want on the map-3
Kort-knights of the round table-want on the map-4
empire-want on the map-5
AOD-angels of death-want on the map-6
LOW-legends of war-want on the map-7
Tofu-the odd fellows union-want on the map-8

this would leave a lot off, this is why I was saying if most votes are on polar extremes 8 and 18, we may need to meet in the middle for 12 clans.

if we had 12, I may lean this way.

thota-the horsemen of the apocalypse--want on the map-1
tsm-the spanking monkis-want on the map-2
IA-immortal assassins-want on the map-3
Kort-knights of the round table-want on the map-4
empire-want on the map-5
AOD-angels of death-want on the map-6
LOW-legends of war-want on the map-7
Tofu-the odd fellows union-want on the map-8
Nem-nemesis-want on the map-9
L4D-left 4 dead-want on the map-10
ID-imperial dragoons-want on the map-11
O+H-outlaws and highway men-want on the map-12

and if we did 12, these clans would probably get snubbed, either 8 or 12, some are still going to get hurt and feel left out.
Someone has to make the hard decisions.

may miss the cut

Bss-black sheep squadron
BpB
Gen 1
EE-eternal empire
VDLL
Brethren
Legion

Why the snub for the BPB then in this supposed scenario? :roll: 9th in the clan rankings and also joint 2nd in their division, I repeat higher than how THOTA are doing. Also, serious forum presence more than any other clan. From hosting free premiums competitions during black history month to having controversial signatures that got us banned, if you exclude us this would be the biggest snub in CC history... which I am afraid most would agree would be due to a personal vendetta you and your spanking wanki friends have with our clan blitz.
Captain nagerous

Postby brian fletcher on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:20 am

It was obvious from the start that this would end up being a battle for clans to have a presence on the map.
Personally we in O&H would be delighted to be included. However, that being said. We wouldnt want it to be at the loss of other more established clans. Or higher ranked clans either.
Yes, we are an up and coming clan, and have never shirked a challenge. But why should we be selected before anyone else?
Out of fairness to every clan, I think the top 4 clans in division 1a of the current CLA challenge should be selected. Then top 4 in division 1b. Top 2 in division 2a. top 2 in division 2b. That gives you 12.
However. Should it be decided that 8 is the optimum number, then take 3+3+1+1=8.
Should 18 be decided then maybe adjust to 6+6+3+3=18.
Maybe do as previously suggested and implement chipv`s idea.

chipv wrote:
However, let's take the excellent idea presented earlier. Work with the Foundry and lack, and see if they are for or against a fluid map.
So for example after every season, the map image gets changed, and the map XML has the territory and continents renamed without any change to the gameplay. If that happens, I can see this being a very popular map. (Call it an annual revamp/overhaul).

No matter what idea is taken up you are still going to upset someones, "Im not playing if my clan isnt represented" bullshit!

Another idea. But guess this will go down like a lead swimsuit.
Change names in Supermax: Prison Riot. What are now 5 gangs could be changed to 5 clans. Then to represent all other clans, the gang members, Rather than being members of those actual clans, are in fact names of members from clans not represented. Inclusion could be decided by inter-clan play-offs.
I of course would be an automatic inclusion. Well Fletch was in Slade prison... ;) Notice please that i have placed a wink there so i dont get flamed! And for non-British members who dont get the joke! (Porridge)
Lieutenant brian fletcher
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:47 am

Man those took forever to read, 5 pages of posts in less then 24 hours... Thanks for all the great comments! This helps us so much.

Well 8-12 clans have over 60% of the votes as of now, once we figure out exactly how many clans will be on this map, what clans will be on this map (which is Blitz job ;) so he will get all the fuss as i am just making the map :lol: ) after this we NEED to get the game play on this map figured out first! And after that I WILL work on the graphics! We all know the graphics stink right now and they will change, please be patient and wait for the game play to be figured out first ;)

As of now can anyone tell us if it is possible to later on change the xml and territory names on this map? This would be awesome and like so many have posted clans would have to "Earn" there way on this map, I think possibly having a tournament to be on this map would raise great support and would be fun too.

As I thought i posted before, if this clan does end up having more then 8 clans, say 16 or 18, we would still have only 8 landing auto deploy points to start off in, just like in Feudal Epic. We would have to think of creative bonus points with all the clan lands but I think that would work fine and don't see how it is too crowded... But if it does end up with only 8 - 10 then we would still have the 8 auto deployed starting points with probley a feudal style bonus with the +1 for every 2 lands like the key says... And yes the map does look like Castle lands and 8 Thoughts but the gameplay is obviously different and thanks snow for your comments on this.

Lets see what others think of the # of clans in the next couple days and lets figure this out so we can focus on game play and then graphics to make this a fun, enjoyable, playable map for everyone.

Great Idea of changing the name, after this poll Blitz will put up another on a new name, please post suggestions. This map should be everyones map, with a combination of every ones ideas together.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:51 am

Ladder:

here was the last of the ranking according to JP in Nov 2009, it has changed so many times, I have lost track.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:15 am

chipv wrote:I got your PM about this Blitz, so here are a few thoughts about your first map/next medal.

Trying to decide on a fixed set of clans for this map is a bad idea. 6 out of the 7 pages (I've just trawled through them)
here have been nothing but discussion on the number of clans, with a handful of good posts on gameplay.
Currently the poll has 8 clans at 46% which is hardly a consensus and no surprise as this is
a divisive premise. You would also be consigning your map to a short term experiment. With 8 clans on the map you are not going to be getting
a lot of people playing this map in 2 years aside from the surviving clans - and that would only be if the gameplay was good enough.
Any more than that and you would a) severely restrict the game settings usable on the map and b) result in way too many territories to impose
decent gameplay on.

However, let's take the excellent idea presented earlier. Work with the Foundry and lack, and see if they are for or against a fluid map.
So for example after every season, the map image gets changed, and the map XML has the territory and continents renamed without any change to the gameplay. If that happens, I can see this being a very popular map. (Call it an annual revamp/overhaul).

Gameplay ought also to reflect clan challenges (this is just an opinion). Clans challenge each other, and there may be many simultaneous clan challenges. Maybe the map should reflect that by designing the continents/starting positions so that you force pairs of clans to fight each other to begin with. The portal idea is a good one, maybe use that to offer a choice of which clan to 'challenge'.

So from my point of view, I think this has a lot of potential, so long as you don't try and imprison it with arbitrary restrictions.

thx chip, great feedback, I appreciate it.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:19 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:First of all let me say thanks for giving TOFU consideration. There are a lot of well-deserving clans that warrant inclusion and this, in my mind, is part of the problem. It's a clash between 'incorporating everybody' and 'creating good gameplay', plus there's a conflict between clans' history and clans' ability.

Is it too radical to propose two maps?

Map 1 = take an existing map (e.g. Feudal Epic) and simply convert it so that it has the eight prominent clans featured. This can be done almost overnight as everything is already in place, and it satisfies the demands of the people who prefer an '8 clan' map. The game style would be the same as Feudal.

Map 2 = the new map, one that incorporates all the clans, on such a scale as WWII Europe (which has 17 decent bonus regions).

Or take 1 & 2 and reverse the idea (i.e. amend WW2 Europe immediately and put 17 clans on it, the same way Classic became Classic Art) and then spend time getting Map 1 right.

I think what matters most is to get the gameplay perfect so that it's actually something people will want to play. Iron out all those kinks and get it perfect and see what you're left with. In the meantime just amend any existing map and get something started with either 8 or 16/17/18 clans, whichever is different to the one in progress.

What I'm trying to say is....let's not rush decisions - this is an opportunity to make something really good, but in the meantime can we not simply relabel bonuses in an existing map and keep a vast number of people happy?

I like your thinking here CoF, however, I think we will just stick with one map for now. it will be similar to Feudal Epic themed with 8 Clans with starting points as 8 was the leading votes, however, as you all know epic has villages which have more neutrals on them then normal lands, and there is I think 8 of them, so those villages or castles, whatever we call them could have the next 8 clan names on them perhaps, at least they may have there clan name represented on the map.
General Blitzaholic

Postby grifftron on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 am

Blitzaholic wrote:
Chariot of Fire wrote:First of all let me say thanks for giving TOFU consideration. There are a lot of well-deserving clans that warrant inclusion and this, in my mind, is part of the problem. It's a clash between 'incorporating everybody' and 'creating good gameplay', plus there's a conflict between clans' history and clans' ability.

Map 1 = take an existing map (e.g. Feudal Epic) and simply convert it so that it has the eight prominent clans featured. This can be done almost overnight as everything is already in place, and it satisfies the demands of the people who prefer an '8 clan' map. The game style would be the same as Feudal.

Map 2 = the new map, one that incorporates all the clans, on such a scale as WWII Europe (which has 17 decent bonus regions).

Or take 1 & 2 and reverse the idea (i.e. amend WW2 Europe immediately and put 17 clans on it, the same way Classic became Classic Art) and then spend time getting Map 1 right.

I think what matters most is to get the gameplay perfect so that it's actually something people will want to play. Iron out all those kinks and get it perfect and see what you're left with. In the meantime just amend any existing map and get something started with either 8 or 16/17/18 clans, whichever is different to the one in progress.

What I'm trying to say is....let's not rush decisions - this is an opportunity to make something really good, but in the meantime can we not simply relabel bonuses in an existing map and keep a vast number of people happy?

I like your thinking here CoF, however, I think we will just stick with one map for now. it will be similar to Feudal Epic themed with 8 Clans with starting points as 8 was the leading votes, however, as you all know epic has villages which have more neutrals on them then normal lands, and there is I think 8 of them, so those villages or castles, whatever we call them could have the next 8 clan names on them perhaps, at least they may have there clan name represented on the map.

I like this thought Blitz,

what if we had the 8 "main clans" that had the "homelands"/"castles"/whatever we will name them with say 8 territories each, and then had 1 village in each territory which is named after 8 other clans, making it up to 16, if we did it like that each player on the map would have their own territory plus their own village to go for and we would still have NM land and Pinnacle with their unique bonuses as well... of course if played on by 8 players everyone would have to be careful how they play as enemies would be on their backs :lol: I don't know about everyone else, but i like the idea...

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby freakns on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:26 am

Blitzaholic wrote:Ladder:

here was the last of the ranking according to JP in Nov 2009, it has changed so many times, I have lost track.

this ladder is bullshit, and you know it.
do you really think, based on strength, Nemesis is 26th clan?! even without HA we are much better then this.

as BF said, its obvious, from the very beginning, that this tend to become battle for clans to have presence on the map. so, lets step out of there for a moment. first, blitz, you should establish gameplay. if you are firm with the idea to have gameplay map same as feudal, then lets proceed from there. next question brings up number of clans/territories, the debate we are currently having. then lets stick to that one. decide about number of clan/territories, look of the map, etc, etc... without thinking about clan that will be represented. and when the map is basically finalized, just decide about clans/territory names. and then, it will be your decision. you may use JP list, your list, my dead grandmother list, whatever you want... as if you get into thinking about clan and keep everyone satisfied, you might end up loosing the more important thing, bringing map that will be enjoyable to play... to be honest, i will play the map if i like the gameplay and design, even if there is no Nemesis there, and i will not going to play shitty map just because my clan is there...
Brigadier freakns

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:26 am

grifftron wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:

I like this thought Blitz,

what if we had the 8 "main clans" that had the "homelands"/"castles"/whatever we will name them with say 8 territories each, and then had 1 village in each territory which is named after 8 other clans, making it up to 16, if we did it like that each player on the map would have their own territory plus their own village to go for and we would still have NM land and Pinnacle with their unique bonuses as well... of course if played on by 8 players everyone would have to be careful how they play as enemies would be on their backs :lol: I don't know about everyone else, but i like the idea...

-griff

I agree with that griff.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:22 am

We have got permission of the following Clans to use their names on this map.
1.THOTA
2.Legends of War
3.The Spanking Monkeys
4.Immortal Assassins
5.Empire
6.++The Legion++
7.Imperial Dragoons
8.Black Sheep Squadron

These are some of the most respected and dominating clans on CC today, and all placed in
the Top 8 in the 2009 CLA Clan Rankings from Nov 2009.

As for the map itself, this will be similar to a Feudal Epic style map, with 8 main landing auto deploy points which would be the 8 main clans we have to start with from JPcloet's ladder rankings. The rest will be neutrals like feudal, some castles would have more neutrals and perhaps the next 8 clans in line would get there clan name on them, at least your clan may be represented on the map even though you may not have a starting point, you would have a bonus area. Also the portals all connect to each other and you can attack and go through the portals into other lands (not just bombardments). As for No Mans Land and Pinnacle I think its pretty clear on the Key what those will be, and of course like the key says the bonus would be +1 for every 2 territories, this would replace continent bonus's. Of course this can change as people give us more feedback.

Will you run to No mans land to see if you can get its sweet rewards?
Will you try to take over "Pinnacle" for its awesome auto deploy? or
Will you just sit in your clans continent like a big baby?
The choice is yours!

We specifically made this map big enough so that it will be able to be played on many different ways, including quads. As we wrote above there are 16 clan names, but, 8 main clans on this map with starting points, making for 8 clan "continents" each clan.
A "continent" consists of 8 territories-(1 of those is a clan "homeland" that is +3 auto
deploy and also the starting point for players). Their are portals on each clan
continent which can attack and bombard other portals on the map. There are 8 bridges
(each bridge is its own territory as well), 1 bridge coming from each clan "continent" on the map
(each connecting to No Mans Land in the center of the map). No Mans Land consists of 6 territories
and in the very center of the map is a place we call "Pinnacle" which is like a representation
of a victory climb to the summit (still working on amount of territories).

Each 2 clan territories held you will receive a +1 bonus
Each 2 No Mans Land territories held you will receive a +3 bonus
And Pinnacle is a +4 auto deployment
and as written above homelands are +3 auto deployment

-Clan "homeland" names-
Most all Clans have submitted or will submit their own names
for not only their "homelands" but all lands in their own territories, each territory will
be names (Ex: TSM2 but will also have a name like TSM2 - The monkey jungle, as seen on
many other maps as full names for territories cannot be written on the maps).
Clan homelands as seen on map (some of these will change as not all Clans have submitted their
desired name for their homelands yet).

THOTA = THOTA Stables
BSS = BSS Pen
TSM = TSM Jungle
EMPIRE = The Empire
LOW = The Land of LOW
The Legion = Legion Barracks
ID = Dragoon Fortress
IA = IA Lair

And as shown on the map key mountains are impassables.

the next 8 clans who will not have starting points, but, a single territory, will have there clan name represented as castles with their own bonus on the map would be:

BpB = The Bandits
AOD = The Angels
TOFU = The Union
DVLL = De Vero's
KORT = The Knights
MYTH = Myth
O&H = Outlaws
EE = Eternal
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 am

How many clans should we add to the map?

You may select 1 option

47%

17%

13%

23%

ok all, thx for voting, we are going to move forward now and focus on the game play and in the works of attempting to finalize it, we will give you all an update soon.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:41 am

Tisha wrote:I'd prefer something like feudal, over the current layout

we are working on it ;)
General Blitzaholic

Postby grifftron on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:44 am

Click image to enlarge.

Here is the newest update so far, we decided to go with 8 main clans with 8 territories each, in each clan "kingdom" their will be 1 castle each which belongs to 8 other clans, making 8 clans mentioned on the map but once again the 8 main clans will have the drop points. Please read the key to understand more of the map before you comment. And lets focus on game play right now, if you want to comment on the style of the map thats fine, let us know what you think of the map it self and game play, we know the graphics stink at the moment but they will change once we get the layout for the map finalized and game play of course.

Thanks

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Click image to enlarge.

or we could go for a look like this, Castles in the middle and possibly add more territories in the middle for NM land, i will redo all borders on my next update, please let me and Blitz know what you all feel about how many territories each area should have.

-griff

edit: opps BFM wont be on their, i acciedently clicked their layer, same with EE will be on the right side castle not MYTH sorry for this mistake. I will edit in next map update.
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:42 pm

grifftron wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

or we could go for a look like this, Castles in the middle and possibly add more territories in the middle for NM land, i will redo all borders on my next update, please let me and Blitz know what you all feel about how many territories each area should have.

-griff

edit: opps BFM wont be on their, i acciedently clicked their layer, same with EE will be on the right side castle not MYTH sorry for this mistake. I will edit in next map update.

yes, i like the castles moved to the center where no mans land is , much better. I also would consider making some lands smaller to create some space and add variety of sizes, also perhaps add 4 more lands to no mans land and pinnacle could be a wince smaller too. great job griff. =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby Tisha on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:06 pm

lies Blitz, that isn't what I meant when I said more like feudal.. I don't like that middle thing, but I'm sure some graphic will help it out :?
I'd prefer a more simple gameplay.. but that is just my preference.

in the first map posted, the Bullet Proof Bandit castle is too close the the other castle

in the second everyone has two territories to escape their region, except Immortal Assassins.. on the northern entrance.

If I had to pick, I'd pick the second one posted
Major Tisha

Postby SuicidalSnowman on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Nice compromise on the clan issue, getting the homelands with the additional castles

Also, I don't know if you are still deciding which clans to include, but I would vote for something like insomnia suggested, longest running, then most powerful, then maybe most respected, and then, I guess as some have suggested, "Most active in forums?"

More importantly, I think the next step is to begin balancing the castle locations. If you make them a +1 auto, they could probably be anywhere. But what if you did them like hold any 3 for an extra 2 armies, any 4 for an extra 3, etc and used the locations from the first draft, where they are in each clan's home territory. This would make it a real choice, do you move around the outside of the map, trying to not only fight the other players but also the neutrals, in order to get bonuses that way? Or do you head towards the middle, and collect those bonuses, but allow everyone else to build up at the same time?

And keep on working on those graphics.
Private SuicidalSnowman

Postby wolfpack0530 on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:46 pm

I would like to vote, but for some reason couldnt from the first page.

Outlaws & Highwaymen want in :)

So i vote for 16 :)
Captain wolfpack0530

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:53 pm

wolfpack0530 wrote:I would like to vote, but for some reason couldnt from the first page.

try again wolfpack, i was trying to delete the poll, but, I am not sure how to. I need to create a new poll now. anyone know how to do this?
General Blitzaholic

Postby natty dread on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
wolfpack0530 wrote:I would like to vote, but for some reason couldnt from the first page.

try again wolfpack, i was trying to delete the poll, but, I am not sure how to. I need to create a new poll now. anyone know how to do this?

You need to ask for a moderator to take down the old poll before you can make a new one. Otherwise the new poll will come up all messed up.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:15 pm

natty_dread wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:

You need to ask for a moderator to take down the old poll before you can make a new one. Otherwise the new poll will come up all messed up.

the poll expires in one day, will that just automatically delete the poll so I could create a new one?
General Blitzaholic

Postby natty dread on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Blitzaholic wrote:
natty_dread wrote:You need to ask for a moderator to take down the old poll before you can make a new one. Otherwise the new poll will come up all messed up.

the poll expires in one day, will that just automatically delete the poll so I could create a new one?

No, you still need to ask a moderator to reset it.

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:32 pm

natty_dread wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:
natty_dread wrote:You need to ask for a moderator to take down the old poll before you can make a new one. Otherwise the new poll will come up all messed up.

No, you still need to ask a moderator to reset it.

ok, I will ask a blue mod then. ty natty_dread, and any ideas of game play to make this better?

once we get that worked on, we will head to the graphics which need work.

your 3 maps look cool 8-)
General Blitzaholic

Postby natty dread on Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:43 pm

I assume the one on the first post is the latest version...

"Portals can attack and bombard each other"? eh... :)

Anyway... The regions seem too uniform to me. I would like some more variation to the gameplay. Be creative... Things like one way attack routes between clan areas would probably work well for the map. See, then you'd need to fort one set of territories for defense and another set of territories for attack...

Right now each clan has exactly 3 borders to defend, which is fine since you're going to use starting positions (I assume)... but, IMO, it also makes the gameplay a bit boring when combined with the fact that all the regions are uniformly shaped and arranged.

I guess all I'm saying is, try to bring some more variation to the gameplay.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas