Conquer Club

Clandemonium [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clandemonium [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Postby natty dread on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:54 pm

You could just play 5 player games on it.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby stinkfish on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:24 pm

I haven't played this map, and as a casual gamer i don't even know when i intend to, but i came here to say that this map design is stunning.

Not to piss anyone off, but there are a lot of maps on CC that are simply ugly. This isn't one of them.
Major stinkfish

Postby Blitzaholic on Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:02 pm

stinkfish wrote:I haven't played this map, and as a casual gamer i don't even know when i intend to, but i came here to say that this map design is stunning.

Not to piss anyone off, but there are a lot of maps on CC that are simply ugly. This isn't one of them.

thx

Kab is a master artist :D
General Blitzaholic

Postby iancanton on Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:19 pm

SuicidalSnowman wrote:
Kabanellas wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:Thota 01, 02 may need changed to neutral values of 3/3?
LoW 02, 03 may need changed to neutral values of 3/3?

beacuse of Portal proximity...... well I'm not totally sure if that's necessary. Being closer could have a positive side but a negative as well.

I haven't followed the in depth discussion on this point, but after playing a few 1v1's, I think THOTA has a huge advantage due to the proximity. I find most games so far have been races to portals, whether to then hit the deep land or attack into neighbor territories.

Also, the auto deploy on the landing points so far seems to outweigh the benefit of taking territories in a homeland, and the smaller clan autos are generally not worth the neutrals. I would say THOTA/LoW need higher neutrals, personally. Or I can just keep spawning on them, that would be fine too.

the results from Game 8586047 to Game 8594027, which were the last 20 1v1 (mostly foggy) games finished at the time i looked, show no bias toward the thota or low start positions. in fact, thota won 8 games from 20 and low just 7. the best results were from the id and aod positions, with 13 wins each, while bss had only 6 wins. since the best and worst results from this small sample aren't extreme, i conclude from this quick analysis that the positions are relatively balanced with respect to each other in 1v1 games.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:45 pm

iancanton wrote:
SuicidalSnowman wrote:
Kabanellas wrote:beacuse of Portal proximity...... well I'm not totally sure if that's necessary. Being closer could have a positive side but a negative as well.

I haven't followed the in depth discussion on this point, but after playing a few 1v1's, I think THOTA has a huge advantage due to the proximity. I find most games so far have been races to portals, whether to then hit the deep land or attack into neighbor territories.

Also, the auto deploy on the landing points so far seems to outweigh the benefit of taking territories in a homeland, and the smaller clan autos are generally not worth the neutrals. I would say THOTA/LoW need higher neutrals, personally. Or I can just keep spawning on them, that would be fine too.

the results from Game 8586047 to Game 8594027, which were the last 20 1v1 (mostly foggy) games finished at the time i looked, show no bias toward the thota or low start positions. in fact, thota won 8 games from 20 and low just 7. the best results were from the id and aod positions, with 13 wins each, while bss had only 6 wins. since the best and worst results from this small sample aren't extreme, i conclude from this quick analysis that the positions are relatively balanced with respect to each other in 1v1 games.

ian. :)

That is excellent information, thank you so much ian. =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:10 pm

karelpietertje wrote:
Blitzaholic wrote:KoRT = Kinghts of Round Table

it's actually Knights of the Round Table, thanks. ;)

:lol:

yes, I know, that was a typo.

It has been fixed.
General Blitzaholic

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:39 pm

Ogeron wrote:This map is weak in assassin. Its' layout doesn't entice any of the goals in that mode. Probably doesn't work in terminator either for the same reason it fails in assassin.

I haven't commented much so if this is already answered or a technically impossible comment don't bother to haze me; I'll read the thread and get the pertinent answer.

Game maps that can be exploited by a type of game play should be banned from initiation in that form. Simply, with all the new ever joining members, a map that in assassin and terminator can exploit sitting and blitzing, the only viable strategy to winning; in these modes it is based on people not knowing the map AND should be prevented from using these game modes.

This map like others is greatly suited to slow play, where you are forced to measure the game goals against your opponents likely actions and "bet" on them to your success or demise over time.

But in 2 of the 3 modes, this clearly is an exploit map taking advantage of players unfamiliar with the end game strategy. I feel there is no skill in the play on those two modes and would recommend its use in those modes be banned.

I must say that this map is one of the best maps that I've played Assassin games on... it makes a really kick ass 5 player speed freestyle assassin map. Even for 8 player assassin games it's not that bad from my experience, which admittedly is limited mostly to speed games. If someone just sits and blitzes in an 8 player game, then they are limiting themselves. Really you should be taking at least one clan ground and there's always options for going into the centre later on in the game for extra bonuses as well.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby DJENRE on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:42 am

Interesting map for 1 vs 1 and also for 8 players game.
I also like this map because of the landing points (some dropped and some to reach).
Nice work guys, let me know when you have time if you're interested with MMK serie. I'd like to make MMK II with clandemonium.
I can open the tournament as soon as I fix the details with you.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=137470

Nice work by the way.
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ

Postby Blitzaholic on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:16 pm

DJENRE wrote:Interesting map for 1 vs 1 and also for 8 players game.
I also like this map because of the landing points (some dropped and some to reach).
Nice work guys, let me know when you have time if you're interested with MMK serie. I'd like to make MMK II with clandemonium.
I can open the tournament as soon as I fix the details with you.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=137470

Nice work by the way.

ok, thx

ask kab about the tourney MMK II with clandemonium and if he is interested. I am too busy, but, I am sure he will be ok with it.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:32 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
I must say that this map is one of the best maps that I've played Assassin games on... it makes a really kick ass 5 player speed freestyle assassin map. Even for 8 player assassin games it's not that bad from my experience, which admittedly is limited mostly to speed games. If someone just sits and blitzes in an 8 player game, then they are limiting themselves. Really you should be taking at least one clan ground and there's always options for going into the centre later on in the game for extra bonuses as well.

thx Tanarri, good to know. =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby MrBenn on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:29 pm

I appear to have lost the plot here... are we still waiting for an xml update or something? Or is everything pretty much in order now?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:14 am

I'm about to post the new map files with the graphic changes that will go along with the new XML... sorry for the delay :(
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:26 am

the updated files:

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Major Kabanellas

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:31 am

Is BotFM a radio station for robots? If so, you could draw an antenna there.

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:43 am

MrBenn wrote:I appear to have lost the plot here... are we still waiting for an xml update or something? Or is everything pretty much in order now?

we still waiting for the latest xml update, coming soon.

natty_dread wrote:Is BotFM a radio station for robots? If so, you could draw an antenna there.

BotFM is an abrreviation of a clan named Brethren of the Fat Mermaid.
General Blitzaholic

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:54 am

Haha, I know that. I was just messin' with y'all. ;)

The update looks good though.

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:36 pm

natty_dread wrote:Is BotFM a radio station for robots? If so, you could draw an antenna there.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:26 am

and here's the fixed/updated XML kindly sent by thenobodies80

http://h1.ripway.com/thenobodies80/Clandemonium_Fix.xml
Major Kabanellas

Postby sogaender on Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:08 pm

Forgive me if my comment is completely foolish, but...

There is a pathway (at least, in my current game) from Immortal Assassins to VDLL that is two territories long, and each territory has only 2 neutral troops. So, the progression is this: Immortal Assassins > Immortal Assassins 02 (two troops) > Immortal Assassins 06 (two troops) > VDLL (7 troops). Every other pathway to a "Clan's Ground" is either (3 troops) > (4 troops) > (7 troops, clan ground), or (2 troops) > (2 troops) > (2 troops) > (7 troops, clan ground).

Maybe this has already been mentioned, or maybe it's due to balancing play... but it would seem to me that only needing to go through 4 neutral troops before reaching the clans ground (rather than every other path that takes you through 7 troops before reaching the clans ground) would be a huge advantage to whomever is placed on Immortal Assassins landing point.

Thanks, and don't hate if I have overlooked something!
Private sogaender

Postby Leehar on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:19 am

sogaender wrote:Forgive me if my comment is completely foolish, but...

There is a pathway (at least, in my current game) from Immortal Assassins to VDLL that is two territories long, and each territory has only 2 neutral troops. So, the progression is this: Immortal Assassins > Immortal Assassins 02 (two troops) > Immortal Assassins 06 (two troops) > VDLL (7 troops). Every other pathway to a "Clan's Ground" is either (3 troops) > (4 troops) > (7 troops, clan ground), or (2 troops) > (2 troops) > (2 troops) > (7 troops, clan ground).

Maybe this has already been mentioned, or maybe it's due to balancing play... but it would seem to me that only needing to go through 4 neutral troops before reaching the clans ground (rather than every other path that takes you through 7 troops before reaching the clans ground) would be a huge advantage to whomever is placed on Immortal Assassins landing point.

Thanks, and don't hate if I have overlooked something!

It was noted when I mentioned it, so maybe it's already changed in the updated xml Kab showed in the post above yours?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:09 am

grrrr.... oohhh we misssed that. I'll ask NB to make it right
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 am

Major Kabanellas

Postby Blitzaholic on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:44 am

natty_dread wrote:Haha, I know that. I was just messin' with y'all. ;)

The update looks good though.

:lol: that was funny natty.

thx
General Blitzaholic

Postby giuppichan on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 am

stupid question: playing it I've got the pinnacle card. how am i supposed get the bonus from it since it reset to 7 at the beginning of each turn?
Lieutenant giuppichan

Postby natty dread on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:20 am

You won't.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas