KING of the MOUNTAINS MAP [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Lone.prophet on Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:44 pm

Maybe make 1 hill
and the player at the top get a small bonus since he is king of the hill
Captain Lone.prophet

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby Guiscard on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:45 pm

Looks like a great idea... Skyscraper graphics sound the best, although I do like the idea of pyramids. 3D looking maps seem to be an area that could be interesting.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Medals: 1
Map Contribution (1)

Postby MR. Nate on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:14 pm

I like the idea of multiple hills, but I think that the top should somehow be worth something more. like perhaps a single bonus army if the top half of the hill. Also, it may be helpful to either eliminate the little buildings at the bottom, or make them more traditional territories.
Corporal MR. Nate

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Fitz69 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:25 pm

A tryly original Idea. I like it. Keep the multiple hills!
Cook Fitz69

Medals: 3
Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby sfhbballnut on Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:26 pm

this is awesome, take it and run, this could be incredible
Corporal sfhbballnut

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby KEYOGI on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:14 am

While I appreciate the effort and thought put into the map, I don't see how it's any different to the geometery map and for me has no appeal.

A 3D city map that works on the same principles would be more interesting. You could use helipads as means of getting from rooftop to rooftop, buses or trains to get from place to place on the ground. You could incorporate a park, lake, bay, etc for some more variety and use areas such as Business, Residential, Downtown, Industrial and so on for continents.

It's basically like the idea I had in my head for a neighbourhood/real estate map for future development, but I think the 3D twist would make it better.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Medals: 3
Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Kid_A on Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:52 am

ooooo i like this map! im excited to play it
Major Kid_A

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby edmundomcpot on Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:42 am

geometery map

lol...i did that..crappy artistic skills made it even worse[/quote]
Would you choose supremecy if it lead to isolation?

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Cook edmundomcpot

Medals: 2
Doubles Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)

king of the hills

Postby Suntzu on Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:19 pm

i really ,really like this concept.it is very fresh and different.continue with your work.again,i am really interested in getting this map through.keep up the groundbreaking work,,,,,DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. SUNTZU
Private Suntzu

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby adam3b58 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:57 pm

i'd suggest making some bridges. either from tops to top, or connect different levels. that way there isnt "a bunch of australias"
Cadet adam3b58

Postby WidowMakers on Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Here is an updated map. The hill tops can all attack each other. So each hill top has 4 possible attack points. Some people seem to like the abstract version. I am looking into the City version as well. This map is easier, however, in abstract. In my opinion.

Last edited by WidowMakers on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel WidowMakers

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Postby sully800 on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:32 pm

WidowMakers wrote:Here is an updated map. The hill tops can all attack each other. So each hill top has 4 possible attack points. Some people seem to like the abstract version. I am looking into the City version as well. This map is easier, however, in abstract. In my opinion.

I was going to pursue a city type map like one that andy suggested in the map ideas thread, so if you would prefer to use the abstrat I will try my hand and see if people like what I can make.

His posts are on this page: http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewto ... c&start=30
Major sully800

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Guiscard on Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:35 pm

I think I've changed my mind about this map. I like where the visuals are going and the simple geometric theme has really grown on me.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Map Contribution (1)

Postby Lupo on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:13 am

I would like to add a simple but, at least in my opinion, interessing suggestion, changing the top hill rule in the following way:

-each top hill could attack and fortify a lower top hill only

In other words, I am suggesting a one way attacking and fortifying solution for the top hills..
Last edited by Lupo on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Nature is a temple in which living pillars
Sometimes emit confused words;
Man crosses it through forests of symbols
That observe him with familiar glances."
Sergeant 1st Class Lupo

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby Marvaddin on Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:45 am

This idea is interesting, but some things should be clearer:
Whats an white group? Those should be well limited...
The connections between the hills arent clear, too.

About the city idea, wouldnt the names of the territories be big? What were you thinking about names?
Major Marvaddin

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Map Contribution (3)

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 am

Here is another update with territory names and better defined attack and fortify paths between the hills.

Last edited by WidowMakers on Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Colonel WidowMakers

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Postby boberz on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:40 am

very good map for this stage of development. But i do not like the title could you experiment with ideas and get a better title.
Cadet boberz

Standard Achievement (1)

Postby Unit_2 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:44 am

its a good map, but you need to make the collors need to be te same!! :!:
Private 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Lupo on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:12 pm

From a logic point of view I would exchange red hill shape with the green one: I mean for the bonuses it's more logic that conic hill hold the maximum bonus while exagonal pyramide the second high bonus.

So you only need to exchange hills shape between green and read one.
"Nature is a temple in which living pillars
Sometimes emit confused words;
Man crosses it through forests of symbols
That observe him with familiar glances."
Sergeant 1st Class Lupo

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:29 pm

actually. The highest bonus should be red with 6 sides, green with 5 sides, blue with 4 sides, purple with 3 sides and yellow with 1 side(circle)
Colonel WidowMakers

Postby everywhere116 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:50 pm

What I would do is set it in the Himalayas and call it "King of the Mountains" and turn all of the small continents at the bottom into Nepali villages. It has more appeal than an abstract map. Playability wise, its very good. Keep working on it!
"Disease, suffering, hardship...that is what war is all about."-Captain Kirk, from "A Taste of Armageddon"
Corporal everywhere116

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:53 pm

I like King of the Mountains. Should I have all of the Mountains the same shape. The colors would stay the same but I could work on the shape and make them more abstract.
Colonel WidowMakers

Postby onbekende on Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:21 pm

I love it
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:05 pm

I like the idea, but the geometric shapes aren't very appealing to me at all. They don't interest me.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby Lanceyboyuk on Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:07 pm

i like the idea.
Sergeant 1st Class Lanceyboyuk

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Next

Return to The Atlas