Greater China [Quenched] (thanks Widowmakers)

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Greater China [Quenched] (thanks Widowmakers)

Postby Wisse on Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:49 pm

pepperonibread wrote:Sorry to not mention this during the process, but I noticed that there are two adjacent territories that have very similar names: Shanxi and Shaanxi. Can anyone think of a different (but still accurate) name for either territory? It would prevent a lot of misdeployments.
Love the map wisse :)

what about henan and hunan, hubei and hebei :P those seems similair too, if someone would have better names tell me :P otherwise i can't change it
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Medals: 1
Map Contribution (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:07 pm

Indeed, that is somewhat problematic--I was attacking one when I thought I was actually attacking the other! But some of it comes down to reading the map better--but of course, if there is an alternate name...that'd be nice too. ;)

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby yeti_c on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:40 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Indeed, that is somewhat problematic--I was attacking one when I thought I was actually attacking the other! But some of it comes down to reading the map better--but of course, if there is an alternate name...that'd be nice too. ;)

--Andy

The difference in a name by an extra 'a' isn't enough in my view... I misforted there the other day - I'm just glad it was unlimited forts.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Wisse on Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:15 am

i don't have any problems with them :P but yeah i have seen them to many times :)
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Map Contribution (1)

Postby MrBenn on Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:20 pm

yeti_c wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:Indeed, that is somewhat problematic--I was attacking one when I thought I was actually attacking the other! But some of it comes down to reading the map better--but of course, if there is an alternate name...that'd be nice too. ;)

--Andy

The difference in a name by an extra 'a' isn't enough in my view... I misforted there the other day - I'm just glad it was unlimited forts.

C.

I've accidentally autoattacked a heavily defended Shaanxi, instead of Shanxi... That really got me annoyed, I can tell you...

I've calmed down now, apologised to people in the game for making stupid mistakes, and vowed to pay more attention in future.
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby t-o-m on Sun May 04, 2008 9:34 am

lol
shouldnt this discussion have some under the "gameplay passed" stamp?
Colonel t-o-m

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Wisse on Tue May 13, 2008 4:28 am

t-o-m wrote:lol
shouldnt this discussion have some under the "gameplay passed" stamp?

what do you mean?

and i don't have connection to the internet because there was a small thunderstorm here so i won't be able to connect to cc, but i can look at it sometimes at school
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Map Contribution (1)

Postby Bones2484 on Sun May 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Yea, the similar names are starting to piss me off on this map. On top of the ones already mentioned, there is also Jiangsu and Jiangxi.

I'm well aware that I can be more careful... but I shouldn't have to look that closely just to make a turn.

edit: In the game I just lost because of a misdeploy, the game creator said he chose the map because of the similar names in order to get opponents to do exactly what I did.
Major Bones2484

Medals: 65
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (23) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun May 18, 2008 5:02 pm

It might be worthwhile to re-evaluate some of the names for the map, wisse.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby t-o-m on Sun May 18, 2008 7:04 pm

ive miss attacked and miss delpoyed and miss forted LOADS of times!

on this map
Colonel t-o-m

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Mon May 19, 2008 2:40 am

AndyDufresne wrote:It might be worthwhile to re-evaluate some of the names for the map, wisse.

--Andy

Alternatively - it could be a simple XML change that could do it...

I.e. append the Continent name to the end of the territories.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Wisse on Mon May 19, 2008 4:33 am

yeti_c wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:It might be worthwhile to re-evaluate some of the names for the map, wisse.

--Andy

Alternatively - it could be a simple XML change that could do it...

I.e. append the Continent name to the end of the territories.

C.

thats a nice idea, but i still don't have any connection to the internet so i do it as soon as i can get on the internet (this is posted from school)
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Map Contribution (1)

Postby t-o-m on Mon May 19, 2008 11:10 am

ever heard of a pen drive?
Colonel t-o-m

Postby Wisse on Sat May 24, 2008 7:57 am

t-o-m wrote:ever heard of a pen drive?

ever heard of downloading stuff which isn't for school from an usb-stick to your school computer gets you banned?

btw this is still not from my own computer, the ethernet connection in my computer is broken so i need to send it to apple to let them fix it...
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Map Contribution (1)

Postby edbeard on Sat May 24, 2008 3:28 pm

ever been to a Turkish prison?
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas