austex wrote:just ignore ericisshort... the guy is short AND from oklahoma, so he's got some serious texas envy. he should make an oklahoma map if he thinks he can do better.
I am from texas as a matter of fact. Just going to school in oklahoma right now. I wouldnt want to do an oklahoma map because I think it would be retarded.
Map 7 does look a lot better. But I have a couple of things to say:
1) why did you choose to make the impassible borders barbed wire in the west when that is the exact area of all the mountains, but make mountains in the lower hill country? It just seems like you got it backwards.
2) do you know how to bevel your layers? I think a small bevel around the territories would really help the aesthetics a lot.
3) instead of using the very obvious closeup pic of dirt for the background texture, why dont you try using a topographic texas map or something similar. I'm pretty sure thats what they did in the europe map, and it looks fantastic. For example, just putting this map
behind your layers and lowering its saturation would work. Then if you play with the region layers you could make it look really nice.. for instance, instead of making the color layers partially transparent, change the layer dropdown from NORMAL to OVERLAY or COLOR or something like that. I dunno, there are plenty of tweaks you could do to make that look much better.
4) the lines for the borders look unnecessarily fat. Could you possible maybe reduce them to like half of what they currently are to see if it looks a bit better?
5) Could you please change the name of "the south" to "the valley"? I dont have a problem with most of your names for places but the south is just so generic, and the region is actually in real life called the valley.
6) I promise this is the last one for now... but could you open up attacks into texarkana. I think that playability wise, that continent would be too good of a place to start out with right now, because once taken it has a generally easy move into the gulf region without having to defend anything else. There should only be one continent with one entrance per map.