1. rgbubba...this poll should have been pulled down ages ago since it was only a ten day poll. Apologies from the Foundry for this.
2. Regarding your map, could post an update on this page or thereabouts please of your latest map, as we like to be able to follow the versions through the thread if possible to see what posters are referring to without having to troll back to page 1 all the time.
3. On the transport issue, as trains have been used on a couple of maps now, and there is nothing to say you can't use trains, please give some thought to finding some wagon trails for instance that go with the era/style of your Pioneer? themed map, if i understand it correctly.
mibi made a good point above.
4.Also, have you got a small version available as i believe this is the large version, yes?
1. I don't know how to pull the poll off.
That's OK, I'm sorry if i gave you the impression it was your job, it is not, Mods get to pull the polls down for you when they are finished. Not an issue.
2. I tried doing that but someone said to place it at the front. I can understand that would be a good thing to do.
Yes, there are two ways of doing it: placing all the versions on the front page means that you end up downloading all the maps which is a lot of bytage when u have to view the latest version. It is probably better to post the latest version on the front page, and also post the latest version as you a re going along in the thread making comments, that way everyone can follow you. I myself try to post at least one version on each page for people to look at so they don't have to troll back.
I have a problem I don't have all the tools to complete the map at this time. I would love to finish it as soon as I can.
I can understand wanting to finish it soon, and look, you might not be far away depending on how much more you want to put on the map. I wouldn't do too much more as it is getting busy and that might spoil the artwork you already have there.
Take your time and work methodically as this will put you in good stead for future maps if you take on others.
3. Wagons sounds like a better choice. I will start the drawing concept.
I like the wagon wheels better, although i am not sure about the concept of them being able to attack each other through mid air. Perhaps others will have comment on this...maybe try a dirt "smudge" like track from one wheel to other to represent the pioneer trails, see how this looks if you like it. Suggestion only.
Do you know the code for xml. I will finish the map if you can help me with the code.
Yes the xml will not be difficult for this map. See if there is someone who can assist you for this....perhaps contact HighCommander540 as he is always looking for xml to code.
If you want to tackle the xml yourself, here
is a tutorial from lackattack.
4. I need to know the size needed for small and large picture.
And what you guys use to deturmend the X&Y.
Please check the How To Make A Map
section for the map sizes you can work within.
The x & y coordinates are the centre of your army circles.
If you don't understand this, get someone who can assist you with the xml and perhaps they can doo all that for you.
It is recommended that your army circles for the small map are 22pixels wide by high, and 24 for the large map.
WidowMakers has an excellent tutorial HOw to Make Proper Army Cirlces
Let us know if you need more help.
Your latest map is looking really very good, keep up the fine work!