Conquer Club

The King's Court [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The King's Court [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Postby chipv on Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:27 am

LIVE CHANGES PT 2

1. Duke can bombard K knights
2. Trebuchets 3 neutral not 4
3. Catapults 3 neutral not 4
4. King 7 neutral not 10
5. S1, S3, S4, S6, S7 4 neutral not 3
6. Swapped A Archer and A Catapult
7. Corrected error in Castle + Knights bonus
8. Corrected error in Bishop + Village bonus
9. Rename NO2 to N02
10. Legend shows no bonus per region number
Captain chipv

Postby Lubawski on Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:34 am

Why is there no bonus per region number? That seems odd. I get 3 troops whether I have 9 or 24 regions.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:35 am

Lubawski wrote:Why is there no bonus per region number? That seems odd. I get 3 troops whether I have 9 or 24 regions.

that's correct - you'll not get any extra troops from reaching the usual 12, 15, 18 ... terrs
Major Kabanellas

Postby Culs De Sac on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:57 am

Lubawski wrote:Why is there no bonus per region number? That seems odd. I get 3 troops whether I have 9 or 24 regions.

It makes it so that the bonuses for the individual disciplines hold more value throughout the game as opposed to just taking 3 neutral 1s
Major Culs De Sac

Postby Nola_Lifer on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:00 am

chipv wrote:LIVE CHANGES PT 2

Wondering what the explanation for this change is. To encourage that people use their nobles???
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby Culs De Sac on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 am

Im curious on why they made s archers so high on neutrals.. they are a pain in the ass to maintain...and now they are even harder to take
Major Culs De Sac

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:20 am

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Nola_Lifer wrote:
chipv wrote:LIVE CHANGES PT 2

Wondering what the explanation for this change is. To encourage that people use their nobles???

yes, we needed to make the Duke a bit more appealing.

Culs De Sac wrote:Im curious on why they made s archers so high on neutrals.. they are a pain in the ass to maintain...and now they are even harder to take

we gave them the value initially planned. 4 neutral troops for the 'S' Archers that directly connect Castle Archers. It will make a little harder early assaults against neighbouring castles
Major Kabanellas

Postby Lubawski on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:18 pm

Any insight into why you can't take snapshots in the game (generally beyond round 2). It says there is too much information. Any way to fix that?
Colonel Lubawski

Postby drunkmunky on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:16 am

Just a quick bug that I've noticed with the xml (I'm guessing). Region N02 has been coded as NO2. Means that instead of it being grouped next to the rest the region, it's placed at the end in most cases.

Obviously not a big bug, but a bug I noticed none-the-less.
Major drunkmunky

Postby chipv on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 pm

drunkmunky wrote:Just a quick bug that I've noticed with the xml (I'm guessing). Region N02 has been coded as NO2. Means that instead of it being grouped next to the rest the region, it's placed at the end in most cases.

Obviously not a big bug, but a bug I noticed none-the-less.

Already fixed, new games will have this.
Captain chipv

Postby ender516 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 am

Why can H5 Knight not attack S7 Archer?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby chipv on Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 am

ender516 wrote:Why can H5 Knight not attack S7 Archer?

S7 is an impassable
Captain chipv

Postby ender516 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:07 pm

chipv wrote:

S7 is an impassable

#-o I'm not used to maps where a region can be occupied and still be impassable. I tend to think of impassables as borders. So the only way in is from the Field Marshal?
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Jim1086 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:30 pm

i played several 3 player games where one opponent was @ C and D, I held B and E, and the other opponent held H and E (in other games the same set up, except different locations). The point i'm trying to make is that, the individual with neutral castles between his opponents held the advantage to build and conquer neutrals, leaving me and the player between my castles to endlessly fight-it-out. This is all because we couldn't "go-through" the King's Court.

Suggestions:
1. Turn Knight 8 and Knight 4 into a tunnel so Castle D is able to attack Castles G and H; and vice versa
2. Move Knight 2 to N15, then make Knight 2 and Knight 7 into a tunnel so Castle B is able to attack Castles E and F; and vice versa
3. Make these "special tunnels" revert back to neutral

The other castles A and C are within range of these "tunnels" so they would have the same opportunity as the other castles of reaching those.
Sergeant 1st Class Jim1086

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:34 pm

ender516 wrote:
chipv wrote:

S7 is an impassable

#-o I'm not used to maps where a region can be occupied and still be impassable. I tend to think of impassables as borders. So the only way in is from the Field Marshal?

nop, you can also reach S7 from H3 Archer and G6 Archer - archers are immune to impassables
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Jim1086 wrote:i played several 3 player games where one opponent was @ C and D, I held B and E, and the other opponent held H and E (in other games the same set up, except different locations). The point i'm trying to make is that, the individual with neutral castles between his opponents held the advantage to build and conquer neutrals, leaving me and the player between my castles to endlessly fight-it-out. This is all because we couldn't "go-through" the King's Court.

Suggestions:
1. Turn Knight 8 and Knight 4 into a tunnel so Castle D is able to attack Castles G and H; and vice versa
2. Move Knight 2 to N15, then make Knight 2 and Knight 7 into a tunnel so Castle B is able to attack Castles E and F; and vice versa

The other castles A and C are within range of these "tunnels" so they would have the same opportunity as the other castles of reaching those.

though this map is intended to be played in a 'doughnut' way, that is an idea to (eventually) be matured........
Major Kabanellas

Postby Culs De Sac on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:07 pm

Jim1086 wrote:i played several 3 player games where one opponent was @ C and D, I held B and E, and the other opponent held H and E (in other games the same set up, except different locations). The point i'm trying to make is that, the individual with neutral castles between his opponents held the advantage to build and conquer neutrals, leaving me and the player between my castles to endlessly fight-it-out. This is all because we couldn't "go-through" the King's Court.

Suggestions:

Altough you can't conquer the Castles immediately.. you can use your trebuches to opponents via bombardment.. Im not saying this is the most ideal way.. But the map is super young.. and Im sure effective ways to move across the map will be found with more game play.
Major Culs De Sac

Postby 3_Kangs on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:42 am

Should K6 Knight be able to assault E6 Village?
I did not get the choice, and can count 3 through non-impassable ...

Thanks for the GREAT map!
Corporal 1st Class 3_Kangs

Postby Kabanellas on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:33 pm

oops... yes it should :? - as it should reach E2 and V6

Chip can easily correct that for the next update ;)
Major Kabanellas

Postby chipv on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Submitted. Does anyone have any other border/bombard issues?

Also we still are looking for feedback on gameplay - is it play well or more changes needed?

e.g.

Increase catapult range.
Increase some N territories to 2 neutrals around castle area
Increase villages to 3 neutrals

?
Captain chipv

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:06 pm

chipv wrote:Submitted. Does anyone have any other border/bombard issues?

Also we still are looking for feedback on gameplay - is it play well or more changes needed?

e.g.

Increase catapult range.
Increase some N territories to 2 neutrals around castle area
Increase villages to 3 neutrals

?

I've been busy as of late so I haven't been able to properly follow the thread. If the above things have been discussed, then as far as my opinion goes, I could see an increase in catapult range being a good thing. It would make those troops more immediately usable and also useful for clearing out the 1's from an attack on your castle. I don't think the villages need to be increased at all. I haven't played any 1 vs 1 on the map for a while, so I'm not sure if the 2 neutrals around the castle areas would be necessary, though based on previous versions of the map it may be nice.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Kabanellas on Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:58 am

Chip and I, we have this issues on the table:

- increase village neutrals from 2 to 3 (maybe useful to avoid quick expansions on initial rounds for 1v1)
- increase free hexes neutrals around castles from 1 to 2 (only free hexes beside castles creating a protection wall)
- increase catapult range from 3 to 4 (this would make them more useful both for protection and sight) (we would have to relocate catapults A and H so they won't touch neighbouring castles production)
- reduce 'K' knights neutrals from 4 to 2 (making them more usable and appealing)
- increase the Bishop bonus to 2 troops per 2 villages
Major Kabanellas

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm not sure that increasing the village neutrals is a good idea. I haven't played 1v1 for a couple weeks though, so I don't know how bad the insta-kills are these days. Raising the neutral value would throw off the balance of village vs. knight for multiplayer games though, IMO.

The neutral hexes being raised to 2 around the castle sounds like a good idea. Either for one or two regions away. This would add usefulness to the catapult as well.

I like the idea of increasing the catapult range to 4. I think that it will help make them more useful.

I still go for the K knights even at a neutral of 4. Perhaps a reduction to 3 instead would be good?

I'm uncertain of whether or not the Bishop bonus change is a good idea either. While I understand that it seems a bit weak, villages are easy to take in the first round or two, especially for those castles with two villages around them.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:30 pm

What is the point of Catapult and Archer? Both accomplish the same thing but Catapults gain more and can bomb with a larger range so one of them is obsolete. Castle B seems like the strongest point to have in the game. Maybe have Nobles be able to bomb around the castle? What about changing the court to a castle in the middle that can bomb other castles and you can add more regions. Just throwing ideas out.
Major Nola_Lifer

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas