Celtic 7 Nations v4.0 [Gp][Gx][XML][Beta]!

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Celtic 7 Nations v1.3

Postby The Bison King on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:41 pm

I am perfectly for adding a territory to Cornwall if you think it'll fit. That'd solve the aforementioned 27 problem.

Hmm... I think it's clear to me, Cornwall really does need another territory. well... doesn't "need" but it might iron out a few issues.

If you change Lugo-Finistere to Lugo-Celtic Sea, it'll be possible to defend Galicia with just Asturias and Celtic Sea, so a -1 on the latter might be useful to keep a Galician player on his toes defensively.

The sea routes are a definite, those need to change for Brittany's sake. I see what you are saying about keeping the -1 on Celtic sea since that'll essentially become an extension of Galicia with out it... hmm.... yes.

I don't think Scotland would be worth +4 even if you did add another territory.

Understood, geographically there are definite options for adding a territory but as far as gameplay is concerned I really feel like Scotland has enough territories.

New version to come soon. Maybe, very soon.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby theBastard on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:03 am

if the sea routes are definite, maybe you can try to do them a little crooked...
Corporal 1st Class theBastard

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)

Postby The Bison King on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:04 am

if the sea routes are definite, maybe you can try to do them a little crooked...

I was referring to a specific "change" in the sea routes. In graphics I assure you that the sea routes will get a make over.

Sergeant The Bison King

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby KernowWarrior on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:57 am

If your looking for another territory in Cornwall, you could add The Scilly Isles, just off the West Coast of Cornwall (about 26 miles) Its Celtic name was Ynysek Syllan
Sergeant 1st Class KernowWarrior

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: Celtic 7 Nations v1.4

Postby The Bison King on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Ok here is the new version! As you can see I made the change in sea connections at the bottom and raised Cornwall to +2. I haven't added the territory to cornwall officially yet but take a look at this:

If your looking for another territory in Cornwall, you could add The Scilly Isles, just off the West Coast of Cornwall (about 26 miles) Its Celtic name was Ynysek Syllan

Click image to enlarge.

Those Islands aren't a bad idea. Here is how I am proposing that they "fit in".

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:58 pm

So how are they going to fit in??
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby ender516 on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:06 pm

You might want to move the southern end of the Finistere-Asturias connection further west, so that it doesn't run through the word "Morbihan". And if you do that, you might also move the word "Asturias" west as well.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (9)
Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (11)

Postby The Bison King on Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:53 pm

So how are they going to fit in??

Basically the Islands take on the role that the territory Cornwall previously did. It absorbs all of the sea connections, before they can reach the mainland. Allowing an area that can be defended from the sea.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby KernowWarrior on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:18 am

FYI Cornwalls celtic name is Kernow not Kenrow
Sergeant 1st Class KernowWarrior

Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby The Bison King on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:05 am

FYI Cornwalls celtic name is Kernow not Kenrow

whoops, I know that was a typo. Thanks for pointing it out.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby Evil DIMwit on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:43 am

Is this the closest you could bring Ynysek Syllan to the Cornwall peninsula? Right now it doesn't quite look like they form a single continent.

Looks fine gameplay-wise, though. Don't forget to update the first page.
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Celtic 7 Nations v1.5

Postby The Bison King on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

New update. I made the Islands a permanent fixture. (btw if any one knows how ynysek syllan is supposed to be pronounced please clue me in.) I also made that territory a neutral start and bumped Stonehenge up to a 3 neutral start.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:15 pm

You could put the neutral troops on the map for now, it'll make it easier to evaluate the gameplay.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby The Bison King on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:31 pm

You could put the neutral troops on the map for now, it'll make it easier to evaluate the gameplay.

Yeah I'll add those in next time I update.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby Evil DIMwit on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:52 pm

Doesn't look like anyone has complaints, so I'll give this a quick sticky.
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Map Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:24 pm

My bonus calculator gives these results:

Scotland 4,08
Ireland 5,58
Mann 1,66
Wales 3,91
Cornwall 2,92
Brittany 3,17
Galicia 3,67

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby The Bison King on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:35 pm

My bonus calculator gives these results:

Scotland 4,08
Ireland 5,58
Mann 1,66
Wales 3,91
Cornwall 2,92
Brittany 3,17
Galicia 3,67

Interesting, the pretty much all seem to be around .50 points higher than where I put them. To me that says that we can either bump them all up one or leave them where they are. Given the small size of the map I'm inclined to say leave them, except maybe for Brittany. I think +2 is a good amount for it but my friends wanted to see it worth 3.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby Evil DIMwit on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:57 pm

The Bison King wrote:Interesting, the pretty much all seem to be around .50 points higher than where I put them. To me that says that we can either bump them all up one or leave them where they are. Given the small size of the map I'm inclined to say leave them, except maybe for Brittany. I think +2 is a good amount for it but my friends wanted to see it worth 3.

Well, it's really up to you. I agree that rounding the bonuses down makes sense given the small size of the map.
ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Postby The Bison King on Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Well, it's really up to you. I agree that rounding the bonuses down makes sense given the small size of the map.

Well then I agree with the current values.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby Evil DIMwit on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:15 am

Ah, the golden silence of implicit collective agreement. Congratulations.

ImageImage
Captain Evil DIMwit

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:16 am

Evil DIMwit wrote:Ah, the golden silence of implicit agreement. Congratulations.

Congratulations! =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby The Bison King on Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:54 pm

:D Yay! I gotta tell you I'm glad to be in graphics. I think there's a lot that can be done here to highlight the Celtic feel of this map. The first thing (that I'm going to get on right away) is make the sea connections look pretty.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Re: Celtic 7 Nations v1.6

Postby The Bison King on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:02 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

There are the new sea connections. Tell me what you think. I also moved Stonehenge to be closer to it's actual location.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

Postby natty dread on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 pm

Please fix the frame of the minimap. It's been really bothering me but I haven't said anything because we weren't in graphics...

The way the edge of the map shows through the frame... it just looks weird. Either make the frame solid or cut off the excess from the map...

Postby The Bison King on Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Please fix the frame of the minimap. It's been really bothering me but I haven't said anything because we weren't in graphics...

The way the edge of the map shows through the frame... it just looks weird. Either make the frame solid or cut off the excess from the map...

I've got an idea on how to fix that.

Sergeant The Bison King

General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas