Cairns Coral Coast [Quenched] - Loaded!

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:01 am

t.e.c wrote:i don't like it cos i'm losing.. :x :wink: hopefully this will change soon!

good work cairnswk

t.e.c....sorry to hear that....i too am losing in a couple of games...thanks - enjoy!
Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby onbekende on Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:34 am

I am winning on the one I am playing
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Sergeant onbekende

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:54 am

onbekende wrote:I am winning on the one I am playing
good to hear onbekende...are u enjoying the gameplay?
Private cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby onbekende on Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:38 am

yep, very nice map too, alot of bases you can keep growing from, I used the north east then went north and east, see the game
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
Sergeant onbekende

Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:32 am

I was wondering when all the old map topics would be stuck in this forum...

Well done Keyogi or whoever is doing it!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby johloh on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:02 am

i have to say that im quite enjoying the gameplay on this one...much better than i expected...

congrats again cairns! :D
my new site - http://www.spritestitch.com/ - A video game craft weblog...
Major johloh

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:21 am

johloh wrote:i have to say that im quite enjoying the gameplay on this one...much better than i expected...

congrats again cairns! :D

Thanks Johloh...much appreciated feedback.
Private cairnswk

Postby oaktown on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:23 am

the map plays well, and it's fun to look at, but as a moderately color blind player I have to say that the colors absolutely suck... I have to keep the XML open to figure out which bonus region is which.
Captain oaktown

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:37 am

oaktown wrote:the map plays well, and it's fun to look at, but as a moderately color blind player I have to say that the colors absolutely suck... I have to keep the XML open to figure out which bonus region is which.

oaktown....thanks foro your input on that...much appreciated. :)
I am sorry the colours are not to your liking, but there was a large discussion on colours for this map, and everyone else appears to be happy with these colours.
As this is an important feature for you, can i suggest you keep an eye on topic in future maps in development and have your say in the foundary when development is underway. :wink: Thanks once again.
Private cairnswk

Postby DiM on Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:42 am

also johloh use roberts mods script for greasemonkey. it has color blind aid.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Menelaus on Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:50 am

great work with the new map, been enjoying playing on it
Captain Menelaus

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

V41 Impassable

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:55 pm

Private cairnswk

Postby The1exile on Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:31 am

Great map, plays well. Good job cairnswk.
Lieutenant The1exile

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1)

Postby Samus on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:00 pm

cairnswk wrote:
oaktown wrote:the map plays well, and it's fun to look at, but as a moderately color blind player I have to say that the colors absolutely suck... I have to keep the XML open to figure out which bonus region is which.

oaktown....thanks foro your input on that...much appreciated. :)
I am sorry the colours are not to your liking, but there was a large discussion on colours for this map, and everyone else appears to be happy with these colours.
As this is an important feature for you, can i suggest you keep an eye on topic in future maps in development and have your say in the foundary when development is underway. :wink: Thanks once again.

I'd also add that it's very hard for non-color blind people to know what colors are going to be problematic for those that are color blind. I know a common problem is difficulty distinguishing red from green, but since for most of us those colors are very different it would not occur to us as something to worry about. So unless a color blind person says something during development, it's doubtful we'll even know there's a problem.
Major Samus

Re: spelling error

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:06 pm

shaddowfire wrote:you have "unpassable" in the lower right hand corner of the map. That my friends, is not a word. What you are trying to say is "impassable."

And yes this does bug me enough that I refuse to play the map until you fix that.

Shaddowfire....that little impassable issue on Cairns Coral Coast has been amended...hope you can join in a game now! :)
Private cairnswk

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:13 pm

Gilligan wrote:
cairnswk wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Great work Cairns! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to play!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D> =D> =D>

Thanks Gilligan...keep you eye out for others...hope you have good games on CCC.

I don't know about CCC, but I will on CC. :wink: :lol:

Cairns...don't be offended by this post...I thought that the "CCC" was a typo for "CC" so I said that, but then I realized that CCC is your map, and I'm sorry if you got that the wrong way
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Private cairnswk

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:28 pm

Did you send this to Lack?
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:37 pm

Coleman wrote:Did you send this to Lack?

Yes
Private cairnswk

Postby Coleman on Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:14 am

Congratulations on being the first battle royale map of 2008.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:42 am

Coleman wrote:Congratulations on being the first battle royale map of 2008.

Sorry Coleman, but what's this all about? :)
Private cairnswk

Postby hecter on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:45 am

cairnswk wrote:

Don't you know?
First battle royale of 2008, on your map :)
In heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine, in heaven... Everything is fine... You got your things, and I've got mine.
Private 1st Class hecter

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:06 am

hecter wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

Don't you know?

No hecter...still don't understand....although am watching game....just got home from work. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:56 am

cairnswk wrote:
hecter wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

Don't you know?

No hecter...still don't understand....although am watching game....just got home from work. :)

There's an announcement in the Announcements board, check it out :wink:
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Re: Cairns Coral Coast [Quenched] - Loaded!

Postby Wayno on Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:15 pm

Love this map, thanks for creating it, and well done!

:-)
Sergeant Wayno

Medals: 4
Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas