Fractured China - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fractured China V.1e Come and get it!!

Postby The Bison King on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:14 pm

It's looking really good, though, I REALLY don't like Xinjiang being a part of the Russian bonus. I really think it deserves to be it's own bonus. It's a really unique and interesting part of the world with a long history of changing hands, but as far as I know it's never been a part of Russia. It doesn't make much sense to me and I think it would be more interesting as an independent region.

Also I think India's too big.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant The Bison King

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4)
General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:52 pm

The Bison King wrote:It's looking really good, though, I REALLY don't like Xinjiang being a part of the Russian bonus. I really think it deserves to be it's own bonus. It's a really unique and interesting part of the world with a long history of changing hands, but as far as I know it's never been a part of Russia. It doesn't make much sense to me and I think it would be more interesting as an independent region.

Also I think India's too big.

Thank you! Hope you are having a good New Years Eve!

In response to Xinjiang as a separate bonus, yes I can do it, though it would have to be in response to the majority. I'm not saying no, just right now it's "let's wait and see what others feel and think" mode. That's the beauty of a futuristic map, it doesn't have to be accurate. Though in the past, China and Russia did have their little beefs with each other on their borders, and that is why I had Russia take over a few territories.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby 24Keyser on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:50 pm

ANOTHER TYPO you spelled seoul soeul xD
Cadet 24Keyser

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:14 am

Still trying to get ahold of Tacktix to grab his thoughts on this one... so sorry for the delay.

I'd still like to see a few territories merged on Russia and India... but that's really up to your discretion.

For Tibet... couldn't you make the Himalayas more Impassable? What about surrounding Tibet and reducing the bonus to maybe 1 or 2, giving it very limited access. I mean, these are the biggest mountains in the world and it must be very difficult to move an army through them.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Still trying to get ahold of Tacktix to grab his thoughts on this one... so sorry for the delay.

I'd still like to see a few territories merged on Russia and India... but that's really up to your discretion.

For Tibet... couldn't you make the Himalayas more Impassable? What about surrounding Tibet and reducing the bonus to maybe 1 or 2, giving it very limited access. I mean, these are the biggest mountains in the world and it must be very difficult to move an army through them.

Not a problem on the delay, holidays and all.

As for Russia, I think that it is comparable to Canada on FA for size and bonus value, so for now I'll leave it. If I do anything I might do what Bison King suggested, so I'll just wait and see what others think first.

India, yea I can merge a few more territories then if I do your suggestion on Tibet then I can reduce the bonus for India at the same time. I might have to include Myanmar in the Indo-China bonus to open up that part of the map. I could also have Myanmar as a killer neutral say at 3 to give a way for players to pass from Indo-China and India. Just a couple of thoughts.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:56 pm

That might be cool for Burma I think. Also, with Tibet being more blockaded, I think this would help to recreate the border with China and India better. Yeah, they border each other... but they're very difficult to get between the two.
Cook Industrial Helix

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (3)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:That might be cool for Burma I think. Also, with Tibet being more blockaded, I think this would help to recreate the border with China and India better. Yeah, they border each other... but they're very difficult to get between the two.

Okay just so I understand what you are saying, it would be cool to have Burma put in with the Indo-China bonus right?
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:43 pm

I could go either way, putting it in as Indochina or making it a killer neutral.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 am

Industrial Helix wrote:I could go either way, putting it in as Indochina or making it a killer neutral.

Good, I think I will use Myanmar as a killer neutral of 2 then.

I'll be posting a new update with the changes you recommended here in a couple of days.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:00 pm

New and updated version.

Changes made:
- Merged a couple more territories in India
- Added more mountains between Xizang and India
- Added a couple of one way attacks out of Xizang
- Updated bonus values
- Added attack route between Myanmar and India for a more continuous flow

Basically minor changes.

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Fractured China V.1f

Postby Industrial Helix on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Looks good to me.

Moved.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Thank you! Know for some Game Play talk! Let's go!
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby jefjef on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:01 am

Look at redrawing terts and physically connecting Primorsky to N Korea and you need another smallish bonus or two. You could split India or the Russian. More fractured.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (9)
Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby Joodoo on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:22 am

Looks like a pretty good map inspired by the Fractured America map.
I just wanna remind that the proper spelling of one of your territories is "Ningxia", not "Ningxi"
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby 24Keyser on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Joodoo wrote:Looks like a pretty good map inspired by the Fractured America map.
I just wanna remind that the proper spelling of one of your territories is "Ningxia", not "Ningxi"

he also spelled seoul wrong xD
Cadet 24Keyser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas