Conquer Club

WWII Operation Iwo Jima [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Lt. Valerian on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:23 pm

Sadly, this is only because they give him such a hard time. He worked hard for about 3 months, I believe, on the Eastern Front map before being forced to put it off due to unfair and illegitimate criticism.

The Battle of Iwo Jima may not have played as decisive a role as the Battles of Midway or Coral Sea, but it is by far one of, if not the most remembered of the Pacific Theater.

I think that the aspect of tunnels make the map very interesting. Perhaps there can be a tunnel network, sort of like the warp gates on the space map, where each tunnel entrance leads to another.
Major Lt. Valerian

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:54 pm

bedplay wrote
qwert is being a moron

Bedplay, im not American, and Americans Bombard my country, if i look in that way these mean that i never must work map where present america.
Why you dont work in these map, i see that easy for all authors to create map only with country borders, becouse its easy to create, but when somebody want to try to create something new, then its a moron, and must in a start delete all work in these map.
Why people dont want to create map with theme WW2?
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Unit_2 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:04 pm

i voted to support teya. becouse i think you need to work on the other map and finsh that map before you do another one.. :roll:
Corporal 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:19 pm

These very bad thinking Unit 2, i say Guiscard to, if you pursuing people to do something in a force then work go in wrong way.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Unit_2 on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:21 pm

ok, you just made no sense :? .. and i'm not tring to get you to do the WW2 map all i am saying is that you don't need to start another map..
Corporal 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby Ninja-Town on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Im not really in the foundry much so I am pretty neutral here... Quert I just wanted to say the Eastern Front looks like it would be incredibly fun... if you can make Iwo Jima that cool then go a head... but I gues the whole thing that turns people off, is you unwillingness to accept critizism. You have to realize critizism is not to be taken personally. Keep working on Iwo Jima, and Eastern Front and enjoy the process.
Corporal 1st Class Ninja-Town

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:49 pm

Tanks NINJA town, people dont understand that WW2 EASTERN FRONT IN VACATION.

I vill put last update for WW2 Iwo jima, and wait vote pool to end, i dont know have many days to be voting, these its 1 day of vote.

Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby boberz on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:09 pm

i used to support you qwert and you know tha but i have now lost all patience and do not htink your personal attacks are worhtwile and whilst i liked the idea of this map think it will be better in more capable hands.
Corporal 1st Class boberz

Postby bedplay on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:23 pm

qwert wrote:bedplay wrote
qwert is being a moron

Bedplay, im not American, and Americans Bombard my country, if i look in that way these mean that i never must work map where present america.
Why you dont work in these map, i see that easy for all authors to create map only with country borders, becouse its easy to create, but when somebody want to try to create something new, then its a moron, and must in a start delete all work in these map.
Why people dont want to create map with theme WW2?

it's not about the map, but its about you attacking Teya.

Teya didn't say she thought the map didn't have potential, she just recognized that many people thought you shouldn't go ahead with the map, so gave you the idea of making a poll.

If you really want go ahead with the map, then by all means do, but don't complain if the majority of people tell you to chuck all your hard work away. The end result may change my mind, but not looking like that...

I suggest first off, don't design the map like that, as interesting and original as it is, it doesn't look pretty. That blue text is horrible, and the background is even worse, you need some colour in there.

If after 3 days, the poll is similar to its current state, I think you should work on another idea, I'm really looking forward to a battle of the bulge map. :lol:
"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- General Douglas MacArthur
Private 1st Class bedplay

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:08 pm

No BEDplay, im losing patiente, and these will be my last try to make some map. I hope that some others map author create these map(Batle of bulge)But for these its small chance, becouse you must go to study battle, then create new terittory of move unit in a field, and people dont want to do these, becouse its easy to take borders of some country and create map.
And i not ataking Teya, he put pool in my topic, and say that its not god idea, and stop working in these map, and she insist to i put vote topic.
For change, i want to create some to look like original military map, and you say that these not good. How do you think that military map look, like rainbow?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:17 pm

boberz wrote
i used to support you qwert and you know tha but i have now lost all patience and do not htink your personal attacks are worhtwile and whilst i liked the idea of this map think it will be better in more capable hands.

Boberz i put question"why people dont want to create map with theme WW2" i realy want to se that somebody work in map of battles in ww2. Maybe you know of somebody who can help in these map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Teya on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:27 pm

qwert wrote:And i not ataking Teya, he put pool in my topic, and say that its not god idea, and stop working in these map, and she insist to i put vote topic.
For change, i want to create some to look like original military map, and you say that these not good. How do you think that military map look, like rainbow?

You are attacking me as I have NEVER said anything about stopping this map. I have NEVER said my opinion. Just suggested the poll. Which might I add is very stupidly worded.

Quote where I said this map was not a good idea and to stop working on it. You cant because I NEVER SAID IT!!!!!
Sergeant 1st Class Teya

Postby bedplay on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:30 pm

You, losing patience... the irony :lol:

I know you were going for the style of a military map, but... it LOOKS rubbish, and i'm sure many people will not play it as it's not aesthetically pleasing. the orange with the blue is just horrible.

if you are going to choose a style like a military map, I think it needs to look something more like this

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USA/USA-P-Okinawa/maps/USA-P-Okinawa-1.jpg

it is easy to take countries off a map, but it's also pretty easy to make a WWII map with it's countries, I can plan operation overlord out in my mind... although, to be fair, I have read a 600 page book about it. I could make territories out of the battle of the bulge, all that is required is that you find major towns, (Bastogne .etc.) major Divisions on each sides, and strong points.

I could whip up the outlines of a map by tomorrow night. It doesn't require heavy research... (infact I think I just might)

You are a good cartographer, you just don't seem to take critiscism well, and simple things take a long time. Change your' attitude and maybe you will make many of the conquer club maps, you are active enough!
"It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it."
- General Douglas MacArthur
Private 1st Class bedplay

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:40 pm

Bedplay maybe you dont know but these Okinava map its not original strategic military map. I create map from original plans of US army to atack Iwo jima. If you think that easy to create map of WW2 battles, why you dont try to create 1.
And yes im loosin patiente, ironicly will be that people who dont work in map and only talking to loosing patiente.
Only 3 day for vote, i think its to litle time for these.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Molacole on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:03 pm

I think you can pull it off. Just make sure you make that big ass mountain on the edge of the beach with all the cannons submerged into it. You could make the underground tunnels act like teleports like in the space map.

Only problem I see is not having enough territories, but if you can pull that off then I think you'll be able to make something of this map.
Lieutenant Molacole

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:17 pm

i have 36 terittory, molacolade
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:27 pm

Qwert, your poll is pointless to the map topic. If you want to flame, or mock, or fight with others, feel free to do so in the Flame Wars forum, and not here in our lovely Foundry. ;)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:31 pm

First i dont want to fight, but Teya first word its that these map its pointles, and to put vote for support, and these map im work only 1 day?!?! These a word for help in create map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:32 pm

Can I rephrase your poll then? To something similar of:

"Should I work on this map?"

Yes

No

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby KEYOGI on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:48 pm

qwert wrote:First i dont want to fight, but Teya first word its that these map its pointles, and to put vote for support, and these map im work only 1 day?!?! These a word for help in create map.

Teya wrote:Im not sure you are getting enough support for this map. Why dont you start a poll to see if you should continue or not.

Again, Teya hasn't said anything against your map, simply suggested a poll. You really need to find someone else to take your insecurities out on. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby mastef on Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:59 pm

Teya and Keyogi give qwert a brake let him work on what map he whants to. if i is going to be great we'll see it in the final forge.
If you don't like his maps DONT PLAY THEM! Nobody is forcing you to play them.
Leave him alone! and find you're selfs a hobby (or a life), not just entering the foundry and saying: "these map isn't good", "put it to the trash" etc.
Everybody can critisize but not many people can do what he plans to do.
So if you guys dont like the map NEVER POST ON HIS MAP THREATHS let people who do appreciate his work comment, not you guys.
Private mastef

Postby KEYOGI on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:06 pm

Great, another immature response. If anyone has problems with myself or Teya, take it to the Flame Wars so this thread can be dedicated to the development of the map itself. This thread is quickly turning into another Eastern Front farce, so everyone needs to calm down.

qwert, just focus on your map and stop clogging up your thread with wild accusations.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby Guiscard on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:16 pm

For goodness sake...

Neither Teya or Keyogi have made any comments in this thread they (or I) wouldn't have made to anyone else who was beginning a map and asking if people thought it was a good idea!

In some cases I'll say yes its a great idea, others I'll say no its not brilliant.

No-body is bickering or criticising, just giving their opinion at an early stage. If anything, the whole thing has been blown up by Qwert himself.

Forget it all Qwert. Don't carry over a bad attitude towards anyone from the Eastern Front thread.

There seems to be reasonable support, so of course carry on with this one even if some people (including myself) aren't too keen.

In addition (not directed at Qwert) will people with only 1 or 2 posts who are new to the forum please refrain from being so critical of people's opinions. Every map in the early stage gets some positive and some negative comments, especially from established foundry members who give their time to comment and help other people's maps. Perhaps comment constructively on a few different maps before you start throwing accusations around.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:39 pm

Teya wrote
You dont seem to be getting the support. Put up a poll. only 3 people have said to go ahead. Everyone else has said not to bother.
I didnt even put my opinion. Just suggested the poll. In your eastern front map you put up a poll for every little thing, but wont put one up to see if you have the support to continue this map. Im trying to save you the time of putting many hours into the map if it isnt supported.

Its pretty simple really.

Keyogy if you se Teya only think that my map not have support, and sugested that put vote pool for support, and these after 1 day, and have i can belive that she want to help me.
I hope that Teya stop helping me, and then everything will be good.

Guiscard i never say in begining in others map topic that map not good and not have support, if someon start to create map, you must give hem support to se what will be later, its easy to say"these map its bad, stop work in map". I give chance to all to start working in hese maps, and try to help if i can.

Andy maybe you can put something like these
"Do you want to continue on these map"
"Yes"
"No"
I think its better question.
Last edited by Qwert on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Guiscard on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:43 pm

qwert wrote:Andy maybe you can put something like these
"Do you want to continue on these map"
"Yes"
"No"
I think its better question.

That's exactly what Teya was suggesting Qwert. No-one has a problem with you personally. Just stating individual opinions on whether the map is a good idea or not.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas