Conquer Club

Golfe Du St. Laurent

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golfe Du St. Laurent

Postby The Bison King on Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:52 pm

Looks great! Beta time!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby Bruceswar on Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:45 pm

The Bison King wrote:Looks great! Beta time!

+1
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby DiM on Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:40 pm

just a little bit of nitpicking:

1. the whole frame of the map is slightly tilted to the left.
2. the frame seems to be only on the left/right side and nothing on the top/bottom. that would not be such a big problem if there wasn't the tilting mentioned at #1. because of that tilting we can see that in the bottom right corner the border does seem to continue along the bottom side until it slowly fades away. see image:
3. the rose from the singing angel overlaps the map frame and even goes beyond that. perhaps move it to the left a bit to avoid that.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Risky_Stud on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:02 pm

Yes it is nitpicking at this point. Not all of us play with microscopes.
Private 1st Class Risky_Stud

Postby Tisha on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:17 pm

DiM wrote:just a little bit of nitpicking:

1. the whole frame of the map is slightly tilted to the left.
2. the frame seems to be only on the left/right side and nothing on the top/bottom. that would not be such a big problem if there wasn't the tilting mentioned at #1. because of that tilting we can see that in the bottom right corner the border does seem to continue along the bottom side until it slowly fades away. see image:
3. the rose from the singing angel overlaps the map frame and even goes beyond that. perhaps move it to the left a bit to avoid that.

thank you, didn't see that

I like the cherub overlapping the border.. kinda vine like. does it look that bad?

better corners?
Click image to enlarge.

Major Tisha

Postby QoH on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:21 pm

I know I haven't been commenting on this map, but I'd like to say it looks amazing. THanks for putting in all this effort Tisha.

Even after you fixed it, when I eyeball it (by no means perfect) the border still slants to the left. Maybe I'm seeing things. I'd suggest measuring ht distance at the top and the bottom and try and match those a close as you can together. Also, just stepping back and looking at it can do wonders.
Major QoH

Postby Tisha on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:37 pm

QoH wrote:I know I haven't been commenting on this map, but I'd like to say it looks amazing. THanks for putting in all this effort Tisha.

Even after you fixed it, when I eyeball it (by no means perfect) the border still slants to the left. Maybe I'm seeing things. I'd suggest measuring ht distance at the top and the bottom and try and match those a close as you can together. Also, just stepping back and looking at it can do wonders.

I just checked it closer, not just by eye. It's slants one pixel.. that is close enough for me.

Click image to enlarge.

http://h1.ripway.com/Tisha1276/Golfe.xml
Major Tisha

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:40 am

Slant one pixel. I like the sound of this phrase.

And I like the look of this map, too.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby osujacket on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:55 pm

when is this coming out in beta????

Its time isnt it?
Sergeant 1st Class osujacket

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:23 pm

A pixel under any other name would smell just as pixelly......
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Beta - Quenching

---The Final Forge period has concluded for the Golfe Du St. Laurent Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Beta Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for BETA Play. After an extended period of time in BETA and once all quirks and issues have been resolved, the map will be put into Full Play (barring any Lack vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

While the map is in BETA Play, there are a couple of administrative tasks that are required of the mapmaker(s) in addition to the initial gameplay testing:
    1. Please ensure that the first post of the thread contains all the necessary information to help future visitors to the development thread; it's particularly important to ensure the most recent images are there, along with any helpful guides (such as gameplay quirks/nuances or the location/size of any starting neutrals etc.)
    2. Please update the Map Information Portal with details of your map
    3. Finally, it is the responsibility of the mapmaker(s) to ensure that they respond to further feedback in a timely and constructive manner.

--MrBenn
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:50 pm

congrats and well done!
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:31 pm

Nice! :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Tisha on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:51 pm

thanks guys ;)
Major Tisha

Postby Tisha on Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:17 am

Game 9316393
pw: Golfe

FULL.
Major Tisha

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:53 am

Blue numbers are a bit hard to see on Cape Breton, I suggest to move the coords few pixels down, where you have a lighter color.

Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Tisha on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:02 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Blue numbers are a bit hard to see on Cape Breton, I suggest to move the coords few pixels down, where you have a lighter color.

http://h1.ripway.com/Tisha1276/Golfe.xml

better?
Major Tisha

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 pm

This has a vry "Tisha" look about it :)
Very nice.
Congrats for Beta, and for perserverence =D>
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Tisha on Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:26 pm

cairnswk wrote:This has a vry "Tisha" look about it :)
Very nice.
Congrats for Beta, and for perserverence =D>

It's pretty :P
Major Tisha

Postby Bruceswar on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:33 pm

OK how can we fix the drops? In 2 of the of 2 games someone has either A started with a bonus or B taken one right out of the gate which is unbreakable. I know not much can be done, but seems like maybe coding different starting positions or something? I am at a loss how to fix it right now.

P.S. very pretty map and well done!
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:43 pm

^ Agree 100%, something needs changed. In my team game, team one was dropped 2 bonuses (Labrador & Great North) minus one territory. By round 2 they had both and were unbreakable.
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant 1st Class Orange-Idaho-Dog

Postby ender516 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:57 am

Well the obvious simple changes are, first, putting a neutral in each of the 3-region bonus zones (New Brunswick, Newfoundland, and Labrador). But that still leaves a 2% chance of anyone in a 3-player game dropping a 4-region bonus zone, and there are three of them: Great North, Est Du Quebec and Nova Scotia. So, perhaps a neutral in each of those as well?
Starting positions might work too, but my first few checks on possible combinations seem to lead to 1v1 games where players start with 12 regions, which is a bad number, as it is too easy for the first player to take one region and reduce the second player's deployable troops.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby danfrank on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:50 am

i haven`t played this map yet , and i may have said this before but this map shows that we need more female map makers ! This map is so graphically pleasing and by that i mean , the colors and shading are so easy to look at , while the cupid and flowers in the corners add that special touch. Great Job Tisha and i hope to see more maps from you in the near future :mrgreen:
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby danfrank on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:02 am

ender516 wrote:Well the obvious simple changes are, first, putting a neutral in each of the 3-region bonus zones (New Brunswick, Newfoundland, and Labrador). But that still leaves a 2% chance of anyone in a 3-player game dropping a 4-region bonus zone, and there are three of them: Great North, Est Du Quebec and Nova Scotia. So, perhaps a neutral in each of those as well?
Starting positions might work too, but my first few checks on possible combinations seem to lead to 1v1 games where players start with 12 regions, which is a bad number, as it is too easy for the first player to take one region and reduce the second player's deployable troops.

How about starting with ten terts each on a 2 player game.. i am not too fond of this type of game mechanics , starting positions mean what ? neutrals ? or places where players may have a starting territory . and neutral starting territories are always starting neutral regardless of the amount of players or do these factors change with the amount of players involved ?
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Orange-Idaho-Dog on Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:54 am

I haven't even looked in to singles on the map yet. But I know team games are gonna be a problem. Maybe the more players, the better the chance of the bonuses being split up. But the game I mentioned earlier was lost from the drop (literally, not just an excuse for losing..)
Looking for a clan? Click here to send me a PM and find out how to join The Underworld! *Selective Recruitment*
Sergeant 1st Class Orange-Idaho-Dog

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas