Cuban Missile Crisis [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby DiM on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:47 pm

tokle wrote:What +2 bonus is it possible to get from the drop (in a 1v1)?
I've been reading the legend over and over, but I can't see any.



all the +2 bonuses i know of should be impossible to get from the drop. :shock:

also i just noticed in 1v1 each player gets 12 terits. that's a big no no and something should be done.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 pm

Haiti. None of its components are coded as starting neutrals.
Image
User avatar
Captain Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12741
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby tokle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Gilligan wrote:Haiti. None of its components are coded as starting neutrals.

Is the missile terit not a part of the bonus then?
If that is the case, then I think that needs to be changed.
User avatar
Captain tokle
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:11 am
Medals: 158
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (46) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (2)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:03 pm

tokle wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Haiti. None of its components are coded as starting neutrals.

Is the missile terit not a part of the bonus then?


It is. But it's not neutral in the XML.
Image
User avatar
Captain Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12741
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby tokle on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Gilligan wrote:
tokle wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Haiti. None of its components are coded as starting neutrals.

Is the missile terit not a part of the bonus then?


It is. But it's not neutral in the XML.

It should be, according to the OP. And common sense...
User avatar
Captain tokle
 
Posts: 2911
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:11 am
Medals: 158
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (46) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (2)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Gilligan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:08 pm

tokle wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
tokle wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Haiti. None of its components are coded as starting neutrals.

Is the missile terit not a part of the bonus then?


It is. But it's not neutral in the XML.

It should be, according to the OP. And common sense...


Yeah. That and Guantanamo Bay, I noticed in the game I played.
Image
User avatar
Captain Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12741
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm

I'm a bit lost on this map......can the mapmakers summarize what needs to be fixed and fix it asap?

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:40 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:I'm a bit lost on this map......can the mapmakers summarize what needs to be fixed and fix it asap?

My updated XML should fix all issues brought up :)

I fixed the neutrals of Nord-Est, Guantanamo Bay and Montego Bay. This should also fix the 12 region drop in 1v1s. I'm not sure what the regions per player will look like for the other game sizes, as I don't have quite the stamina yet to figure it out, ha.

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Jippd on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:24 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
thenobodies80 wrote:I'm a bit lost on this map......can the mapmakers summarize what needs to be fixed and fix it asap?

My updated XML should fix all issues brought up :)

I fixed the neutrals of Nord-Est, Guantanamo Bay and Montego Bay. This should also fix the 12 region drop in 1v1s. I'm not sure what the regions per player will look like for the other game sizes, as I don't have quite the stamina yet to figure it out, ha.

-Sully


Jamaica still does not contain a neutral. Was this supposed to be in the update?

Just started this dubs game Game 10662714...thankfully I dropped jamaica bonus and not the other team.

Also for the missle bonus "+2 for any three +5 for any six" Do they have to be the same image three or can you mix and match to achieve this three?
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Mikey-T on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:00 am

Great map! It looks awesome, one minor note though, on the legend under Bay of Pigs Invasion Authorization it says 'hold this operation and 2 Cuban missile bases for +3; 5 bases for +7' but there's only 4 Cuban missile bases

Should this say 4 bases or does it mean 5 bases of any kind?
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Mikey-T
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:12 pm
Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Jippd wrote:Jamaica still does not contain a neutral. Was this supposed to be in the update?

Just started this dubs game Game 10662714...thankfully I dropped jamaica bonus and not the other team.

Apologies, perhaps my use of the term, "updated", was misleading. I meant the most recent XML I posted, not the most recent XML uploaded.


Jippd wrote:Also for the missle bonus "+2 for any three +5 for any six" Do they have to be the same image three or can you mix and match to achieve this three?

You can mix and match.


Mikey-T wrote:Great map! It looks awesome, one minor note though, on the legend under Bay of Pigs Invasion Authorization it says 'hold this operation and 2 Cuban missile bases for +3; 5 bases for +7' but there's only 4 Cuban missile bases

Should this say 4 bases or does it mean 5 bases of any kind?

No. By "Cuban missile bases", it means the bases on the island of Cuba, which includes all 4 Soviet missile bases and Guantánamo Bay.

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Any word from Ace? It doesn't make sense to upload the xml without the images.

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Jippd on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:41 am

thenobodies80 wrote:Any word from Ace? It doesn't make sense to upload the xml without the images.


Ace Rimmer wrote:FYI for anyone who doesn't profile stalk me (for shame), I'm retired from CC. I'm trying to finish this up but I don't log in regularly. Sully has been amazing keeping this map going with his XML work (and he's amazing in bed too, ladies!)

He quit...see page before this, he makes a post himself too.

So what is the process for rescuing a map in beta when someone gives up mid way through?
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:28 am

I know AceRimmer is quitting. But I know he is willing to complete the map before to quit 100% (Hey,I'm Joe! :mrgreen: )
I posted here because maybe VS can give me more news about him.

If things go wrong I have my ways to contact him and find a solution to fix the map. ;)

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:55 pm

I haven't heard anything from Ace. Of course, it never occurred to me to PM him, ha. I can do that now.

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Ace Rimmer on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:03 pm

Pm reply to joe and sully is coming.
User avatar
Captain Ace Rimmer
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:24 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:XML with coordinates fixed, neutral 3 on Montego Bay, HQs lowered to neutral 2 and operations reduced to neutral 3:

CubanMissileCrisis7b.xml

-Sully


The above file and a fixed version of the map have been uploaded! :)

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
 
Posts: 5558
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:30 am
Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Ace Rimmer on Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 am

Ty Joe <3
User avatar
Captain Ace Rimmer
 
Posts: 1908
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:22 pm
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (9) Map Contribution (1)
Tournament Contribution (7) General Contribution (4)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:14 pm

I mentioned this in Live Chat to Ace Rimmer. I don't recall the items in the upper right legend coming much into play during the one game I played. But it could be more of an anomalous game than representative, but thought I would mention it. Most of our battles tended to be more on the gameboard proper.


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25591
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Jippd on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:07 pm

I agree in team games and 1 v 1 they don't come into play that much. However I haven't played it singles 4-8 players. They might be used then? especially with FOW? Mostly right now it seems to be about fighting for ships/Jamaica/Haiti
User avatar
Brigadier Jippd
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 104
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (19) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I mentioned this in Live Chat to Ace Rimmer. I don't recall the items in the upper right legend coming much into play during the one game I played. But it could be more of an anomalous game than representative, but thought I would mention it. Most of our battles tended to be more on the gameboard proper.


--Andy

Right, which is why I provided an XML with lower neutrals in that area (which nobodies had lack upload, it seems). Hopefully that will at least help. I'm thinking reducing the auto-decay on the HQs may help, too.

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:02 am

Legend should read "all of mainland Cuba apart from Guantanamo Bay. I wasn't clear on whether it bombarded MQ or not. I was going to use the Legend area, to get to the Missile Launch in an Assassin game, but BOB told me that missiles don't launch into MQ, so I would've had to go the long way round.

Great Strategy in Assassin games: take some MQ, so you can't be bombarded to death.
show
User avatar
Captain DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor
 
Posts: 4227
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 pm
Location: Termina Field
Medals: 73
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (5)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby VicFontaine on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:46 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I mentioned this in Live Chat to Ace Rimmer. I don't recall the items in the upper right legend coming much into play during the one game I played. But it could be more of an anomalous game than representative, but thought I would mention it. Most of our battles tended to be more on the gameboard proper.


--Andy

Right, which is why I provided an XML with lower neutrals in that area (which nobodies had lack upload, it seems). Hopefully that will at least help. I'm thinking reducing the auto-decay on the HQs may help, too.

-Sully


Actually, in larger games of 5 or more people, having lower neutrals would make it too easy for someone to jump to a quick lead. That's been my XP. As they stand now, a player really has to "risk" it to go for them, making it fun. The -5 is helpful here because a player, at least until well established, has to think critically about how many men he needs to go for a bonus through the neutrals in that region. He can't leave men behind, so he better make sure he takes enough with him, etc.
"It is a good day to die."
User avatar
Major VicFontaine
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:34 pm
Location: The Dominion
Medals: 60
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (15) Challenge Achievement (1)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby Victor Sullivan on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:50 pm

VicFontaine wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I mentioned this in Live Chat to Ace Rimmer. I don't recall the items in the upper right legend coming much into play during the one game I played. But it could be more of an anomalous game than representative, but thought I would mention it. Most of our battles tended to be more on the gameboard proper.


--Andy

Right, which is why I provided an XML with lower neutrals in that area (which nobodies had lack upload, it seems). Hopefully that will at least help. I'm thinking reducing the auto-decay on the HQs may help, too.

-Sully


Actually, in larger games of 5 or more people, having lower neutrals would make it too easy for someone to jump to a quick lead. That's been my XP. As they stand now, a player really has to "risk" it to go for them, making it fun. The -5 is helpful here because a player, at least until well established, has to think critically about how many men he needs to go for a bonus through the neutrals in that region. He can't leave men behind, so he better make sure he takes enough with him, etc.

If you think so, I'm fine with leaving it.

-Sully
User avatar
Corporal Victor Sullivan
 
Posts: 7175
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:17 pm
Location: Columbus, OH
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (9) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (6)

Re: Cuban Missile Crisis [21 Jan 2012] (Final GFX)

Postby amax on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:53 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:
VicFontaine wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I mentioned this in Live Chat to Ace Rimmer. I don't recall the items in the upper right legend coming much into play during the one game I played. But it could be more of an anomalous game than representative, but thought I would mention it. Most of our battles tended to be more on the gameboard proper.


--Andy

Right, which is why I provided an XML with lower neutrals in that area (which nobodies had lack upload, it seems). Hopefully that will at least help. I'm thinking reducing the auto-decay on the HQs may help, too.

-Sully


Actually, in larger games of 5 or more people, having lower neutrals would make it too easy for someone to jump to a quick lead. That's been my XP. As they stand now, a player really has to "risk" it to go for them, making it fun. The -5 is helpful here because a player, at least until well established, has to think critically about how many men he needs to go for a bonus through the neutrals in that region. He can't leave men behind, so he better make sure he takes enough with him, etc.

If you think so, I'm fine with leaving it.

-Sully

I just played it for the first time and thought it was Great. Note sure the other players figured out exactly How to get there or what They did, the one player I thought would catch on and go for it held Washington for a lot of the game but never attempted to take the HQ :-$ I can't complain about it because I used it Greatly to my advantage and Won the Game :-$ . The Nuke Buttons were a Game Changer :twisted:
I definitely wouldn't reduce the number of n players that area should definitely be a challenge to breach and hold.

2 Thumbs Up,, I Loved It 8-)
Private 1st Class amax
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:50 am
Medals: 1
Ratings Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login