Conquer Club

Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:52 am

DiM wrote:nice =D>

now the question is: who knows lack address? so we can TP his house if he doesn't do the update :lol:

TP?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:59 am

yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:nice =D>

now the question is: who knows lack address? so we can TP his house if he doesn't do the update :lol:

TP?

C.

wiki

ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Night Strike on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 am

Well, I guess we'll just have to bug lack for that update. Thanks for checking that yeti_c. Too bad it can't be done now, but at least you're willing to do it when lack updates.
Major Night Strike

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:09 am

Night Strike wrote:Well, I guess we'll just have to bug lack for that update. Thanks for checking that yeti_c. Too bad it can't be done now, but at least you're willing to do it when lack updates.

No problems...

I was annoyed that I had to build in so much superfluous XML in the first place... I'd like to see the XML streamlined back.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby Arbotross on Mon May 26, 2008 4:05 pm

I believe there is a bug in the bonuses

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?gam ... 0#map-cell

I have both resource pairs(not for long at this point) and the island market but I'm receiving no bonus for it.
Corporal 1st Class Arbotross

Postby TaCktiX on Mon May 26, 2008 4:09 pm

That's not a bug. You don't have two ports to connect your foreign Colato market to your local plant pair in the southern continent. Your local market for that pair is Huaretas, which you don't own.
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX

Postby zimmah on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:10 am

i think there is a 'bug' however. since you'll only get a foreign market bonus if you connect via the ports, if you have connecting docks however it doesn't count. i think this should be also taken into consideration. a few examples:

example one:
consider you have captured Maurito and Chamu (the Coconut and the Pineapple recourse pair) and you also own Manchia Market (the market on the same island) and you hold Puerto Tingo (one of the Ports on that island) and you hold Solia (a dock on the island with the wine and coffee? or what is it?) and you also hold the Solidut Market and the resource pair on that island (Javas and Capo Longo), however you don't have a port. normally you would only get the local bonusses on both islands now. however i think you should also get the foreign bonus for bringing coconut and pineapple to Solidut market, since the port connects you with the dock (however it doesn't bring the wine and the coffee back, so you won't get that one still)

example two: now if you hold the same stuff as in example one, but you also hold Falta now, so Falta and Solia connect. they are both docks but they connect to each other. so you should get the bonus for bringing the resources to the foreign market for both the resource pairs now.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:41 am

zimmah wrote:i think there is a 'bug' however. since you'll only get a foreign market bonus if you connect via the ports, if you have connecting docks however it doesn't count. i think this should be also taken into consideration. a few examples:

example one:
consider you have captured Maurito and Chamu (the Coconut and the Pineapple recourse pair) and you also own Manchia Market (the market on the same island) and you hold Puerto Tingo (one of the Ports on that island) and you hold Solia (a dock on the island with the wine and coffee? or what is it?) and you also hold the Solidut Market and the resource pair on that island (Javas and Capo Longo), however you don't have a port. normally you would only get the local bonusses on both islands now. however i think you should also get the foreign bonus for bringing coconut and pineapple to Solidut market, since the port connects you with the dock (however it doesn't bring the wine and the coffee back, so you won't get that one still)

example two: now if you hold the same stuff as in example one, but you also hold Falta now, so Falta and Solia connect. they are both docks but they connect to each other. so you should get the bonus for bringing the resources to the foreign market for both the resource pairs now.

Legend don't say nowt about Docks - Only Ports.

Think of it as a Port can take large amounts of goods in and out on Merchant vessels - and a Dock - can just take small rowing boats - thus not enough goods.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby zimmah on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:52 am

Think of it as a Port can take large amounts of goods in and out on Merchant vessels - and a Dock - can just take small rowing boats - thus not enough goods.

that make's sence.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby DiM on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:15 pm

yeti is right.

also i'd like to mention the fact that the map is 1 year old. it's impossible for a map to have an undiscovered bug after so much time :mrgreen:
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:27 am

DiM wrote:also i'd like to mention the fact that the map is 1 year old. it's impossible for a map to have an undiscovered bug after so much time :mrgreen:

Shit is it really that old - stands the test of time though...

Gameplay is still fresh.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:43 am

yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:also i'd like to mention the fact that the map is 1 year old. it's impossible for a map to have an undiscovered bug after so much time :mrgreen:

Shit is it really that old - stands the test of time though...

Gameplay is still fresh.

C.

that's because nobody did anything similar :mrgreen:
Major DiM

Postby Kemmler on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:28 am

liking the new font... except the bonuses are still hard to work out (eg my opponent holds shell sets to duna market... I have to spend ages working out how to break it), and pirate cove is still broken!
Cook Kemmler

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:23 am

Kemmler wrote:liking the new font... except the bonuses are still hard to work out (eg my opponent holds shell sets to duna market... I have to spend ages working out how to break it), and pirate cove is still broken!

I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

fortification bug in age of merchants map

Postby slitrobo on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Concise description:
  • fortification bug in age of merchants map

Specifics:
  • At the end of my turn I tried to move 4 armies off of Javas(top right) to another territory but i could only move it to Terra Nera. Other adjacent territories were not optional.
Sergeant slitrobo

Re: fortification bug in age of merchants map

Postby cicero on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:31 pm

Moved to Map Foundry for merging with quenched thread.

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC

Postby gimil on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:40 pm

slitrobo wrote:Concise description:
  • fortification bug in age of merchants map

Specifics:
  • At the end of my turn I tried to move 4 armies off of Javas(top right) to another territory but i could only move it to Terra Nera. Other adjacent territories were not optional.

Can we get a link to the game? I doubt there is any problem. The map has been live and played thousands of times.

I will merge this in a bit!

(busy)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby fireedud on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 pm

me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby White Moose on Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:03 pm

That could be becuase you had adjecent forts.....
Highest Score: 3374
Major White Moose

Postby saaimen on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:19 pm

Nice map :) Played it for the first time (and with success :P), great gameplay and nice looks!

Just one thing. I was going for a big run with a lot of armies and I went from Puerto Tranquillo to Gringo and advanced... Because I was hasty, I didn't notice the fold in the parchment was NOT the collection line I thought it was.
This is mostly my fault, but if other people notice the same thing, it might prove useful to move the fold north-east or south-west a bit. IF that is possible, of course!

But once again, great map!
ImageImage
Winner of "As Easy As 1, 2, 3! - Africa I", "Championship Series: British Isles",
"1v1 Battle to Rule Doodle Earth 2", "Connect 4 (Restarted)" and "Blind Fold Buddy - BeNeLux"
Sergeant 1st Class saaimen

Postby yeti_c on Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:39 pm

I thought I'd give you a heads up...

Lack has installed a new more efficient XML that I crafted...

The XML is significantly smaller now - there are approximately 25% of the continents there were before.

Hope this helps with the games being a bit smaller - especially in BOB.

Please let me know if I've cocked any bonuses up too!!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:11 pm

Hope this does speed up things indeed! Good to see some of these old XMLs becoming more efficient.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby MrBenn on Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:57 pm

Cheers yeti_c ;-)

I'll keep my eyes peeled for odd bonuses in the games I'm currently playing...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby yeti_c on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Hey - does that mean I get another medal!?!??!?!?

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby MrBenn on Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:17 pm

I expect this is a BOB issue, that the continents list shows bonuses with 0 value (whereas these are hidden from the game log itself)...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas