Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:52 am

DiM wrote:nice =D>

now the question is: who knows lack address? so we can TP his house if he doesn't do the update :lol:


TP?

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:59 am

yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:nice =D>

now the question is: who knows lack address? so we can TP his house if he doesn't do the update :lol:


TP?

C.


wiki

Image
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Night Strike on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:05 am

Well, I guess we'll just have to bug lack for that update. Thanks for checking that yeti_c. Too bad it can't be done now, but at least you're willing to do it when lack updates.
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8625
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 77
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:09 am

Night Strike wrote:Well, I guess we'll just have to bug lack for that update. Thanks for checking that yeti_c. Too bad it can't be done now, but at least you're willing to do it when lack updates.


No problems...

I was annoyed that I had to build in so much superfluous XML in the first place... I'd like to see the XML streamlined back.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby Arbotross on Mon May 26, 2008 4:05 pm

I believe there is a bug in the bonuses

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?gam ... 0#map-cell

I have both resource pairs(not for long at this point) and the island market but I'm receiving no bonus for it.
Corporal 1st Class Arbotross
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:47 pm
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby TaCktiX on Mon May 26, 2008 4:09 pm

That's not a bug. You don't have two ports to connect your foreign Colato market to your local plant pair in the southern continent. Your local market for that pair is Huaretas, which you don't own.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class TaCktiX
 
Posts: 2409
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:24 pm
Location: Rapid City, SD
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (6)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby zimmah on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:10 am

i think there is a 'bug' however. since you'll only get a foreign market bonus if you connect via the ports, if you have connecting docks however it doesn't count. i think this should be also taken into consideration. a few examples:

example one:
consider you have captured Maurito and Chamu (the Coconut and the Pineapple recourse pair) and you also own Manchia Market (the market on the same island) and you hold Puerto Tingo (one of the Ports on that island) and you hold Solia (a dock on the island with the wine and coffee? or what is it?) and you also hold the Solidut Market and the resource pair on that island (Javas and Capo Longo), however you don't have a port. normally you would only get the local bonusses on both islands now. however i think you should also get the foreign bonus for bringing coconut and pineapple to Solidut market, since the port connects you with the dock (however it doesn't bring the wine and the coffee back, so you won't get that one still)

example two: now if you hold the same stuff as in example one, but you also hold Falta now, so Falta and Solia connect. they are both docks but they connect to each other. so you should get the bonus for bringing the resources to the foreign market for both the resource pairs now.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Captain zimmah
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:41 am

zimmah wrote:i think there is a 'bug' however. since you'll only get a foreign market bonus if you connect via the ports, if you have connecting docks however it doesn't count. i think this should be also taken into consideration. a few examples:

example one:
consider you have captured Maurito and Chamu (the Coconut and the Pineapple recourse pair) and you also own Manchia Market (the market on the same island) and you hold Puerto Tingo (one of the Ports on that island) and you hold Solia (a dock on the island with the wine and coffee? or what is it?) and you also hold the Solidut Market and the resource pair on that island (Javas and Capo Longo), however you don't have a port. normally you would only get the local bonusses on both islands now. however i think you should also get the foreign bonus for bringing coconut and pineapple to Solidut market, since the port connects you with the dock (however it doesn't bring the wine and the coffee back, so you won't get that one still)

example two: now if you hold the same stuff as in example one, but you also hold Falta now, so Falta and Solia connect. they are both docks but they connect to each other. so you should get the bonus for bringing the resources to the foreign market for both the resource pairs now.


Legend don't say nowt about Docks - Only Ports.

Think of it as a Port can take large amounts of goods in and out on Merchant vessels - and a Dock - can just take small rowing boats - thus not enough goods.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby zimmah on Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:52 am

Think of it as a Port can take large amounts of goods in and out on Merchant vessels - and a Dock - can just take small rowing boats - thus not enough goods.


that make's sence.
Image
owenshooter wrote:i disagree with you and i'm right!

Een van de Veroveraars der Lage Landen
User avatar
Captain zimmah
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:43 pm
Location: VDLL
Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (4) Map Contribution (4)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby DiM on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:15 pm

yeti is right.

also i'd like to mention the fact that the map is 1 year old. it's impossible for a map to have an undiscovered bug after so much time :mrgreen:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:27 am

DiM wrote:also i'd like to mention the fact that the map is 1 year old. it's impossible for a map to have an undiscovered bug after so much time :mrgreen:


Shit is it really that old - stands the test of time though...

Gameplay is still fresh.

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby DiM on Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:43 am

yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:also i'd like to mention the fact that the map is 1 year old. it's impossible for a map to have an undiscovered bug after so much time :mrgreen:


Shit is it really that old - stands the test of time though...

Gameplay is still fresh.

C.


that's because nobody did anything similar :mrgreen:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10401
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby Kemmler on Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:28 am

liking the new font... except the bonuses are still hard to work out (eg my opponent holds shell sets to duna market... I have to spend ages working out how to break it), and pirate cove is still broken!
User avatar
Cook Kemmler
 
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:03 pm
Location: GOODBYE CC
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Postby yeti_c on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:23 am

Kemmler wrote:liking the new font... except the bonuses are still hard to work out (eg my opponent holds shell sets to duna market... I have to spend ages working out how to break it), and pirate cove is still broken!


I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about...

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

fortification bug in age of merchants map

Postby slitrobo on Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:38 pm

Concise description:
  • fortification bug in age of merchants map

Specifics:
  • At the end of my turn I tried to move 4 armies off of Javas(top right) to another territory but i could only move it to Terra Nera. Other adjacent territories were not optional.
Sergeant slitrobo
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:59 am
Location: Earth
Medals: 6
Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login