Conquer Club

France [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Ronaldinho on Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:38 pm

can you give me some viable reasons, or is this blind nationalism speaking. I really dont know if i should give you credibility. Right now you are on ann coulter layer with me.

I went to france a while back and i got mugged TWICE! i couldent belive my luck so from that day forward i havent taken a particular shine to them.

sorry if i caused any offence its just my opinion :?
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:34 pm

ronaldinho wrote:
can you give me some viable reasons, or is this blind nationalism speaking. I really dont know if i should give you credibility. Right now you are on ann coulter layer with me.

I went to france a while back and i got mugged TWICE! i couldent belive my luck so from that day forward i havent taken a particular shine to them.

sorry if i caused any offence its just my opinion :?
most people i know hate france. Just most of them dont have a reason. Yours seems quite valid to me.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Ronaldinho on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:00 pm

yeah but i dont like to cause offence or nothing i mean there loads of people from around the world play this game and its not fair to start saying u hate there home ect

'coz i wouldent like it if someone put in a forum that they hated the place wer i lived without a good reason :wink:
Sergeant Ronaldinho

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:30 pm

ronaldinho wrote:yeah but i dont like to cause offence or nothing i mean there loads of people from around the world play this game and its not fair to start saying u hate there home ect

'coz i wouldent like it if someone put in a forum that they hated the place wer i lived without a good reason :wink:
I'm not even from france, i just dont like it when people who have no reason hate it. My friend actually hates france because everyone there were jerks and snooty. He also said it smelt like butt because people just crapped in streets.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby PaperPlunger on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:37 pm

france is ridiculously easy to conquer, I once threw a grenade into the center of paris, and everyone put up random white flags and said "I surrender"
Private PaperPlunger

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:43 pm

PaperPlunger wrote:france is ridiculously easy to conquer, I once threw a grenade into the center of paris, and everyone put up random white flags and said "I surrender"
thats actually why i started making this map. The title was going to be

<h1> CONQUER FRANCE </h1>
<h2> as if its that hard</h2>
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby reverend_kyle on Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:43 pm

apparently html doesnt work in this forum?
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby rocksolid on Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:56 pm

What is with you guys? You have real short memories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_du ... La_Fayette

Without France, hard to say the colonies would have been able to throw off British rule. You have them to thank that you don't belong to Canada! :wink:
Lieutenant rocksolid

Postby minihaymanz on Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:01 pm

whats wrong with canada?

you could be drinking tim hortons coffee, canadian beer, canadian doughnuts, not only that, you wouldn't be american! (im kidding, don't bomb me please)
Captain minihaymanz

Postby thegrimsleeper on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:40 am

Oh, to not be American... [/sigh]

My hometown of Kent, Washington had a stripmall named Lafayette's Square... The man probably suffered a few wounds so I could buy nachos and Coor's Light in a 7-11....

Ponder that.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby gavin_sidhu on Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:56 am

If your making a france map make sure you have normandy. Thats the only french region i know.
Lieutenant gavin_sidhu

Postby hunny on Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:47 am

oh yeah and dont forget the giant cock that goes over the top of the map

i like ronaldinho h8 the french but unlike rona i havent an excuse i jus fuckin h8 them they smell like burnt piss cooked in fart!!!!!!

p.s the french R gay!!! hip hip horray
Corporal hunny

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:49 am

Psst, lets keep on the topic of the map. This is the only thread that seems to have this problem, :P.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby HighBorn on Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:54 am

this threads going down like a french prize fighter..(sorry andy i couldnt resist im done now).. Promise :)
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:35 pm

HighBorn wrote:this threads going down like a french prize fighter..(sorry andy i couldnt resist im done now).. Promise :)
that was funny and in good taste i thought. oh well, i sort of thought this would happen with a french map.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby qeee1 on Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:02 pm

What's up with all the French hatred? I think this map still has potential, but meh...
Frigidus wrote:but now that it's become relatively popular it's suffered the usual downturn in coolness.
Colonel qeee1

Postby minihaymanz on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:40 pm

what would be the point of this map? the defender would NEVER win...

Do you have a new pic of this map? Still need to perge some territories, and by some, I mean a whole lot, and by a whole lot, I just mean enough to bring it down so that its a little more balanced...

Rivers need to look better, not just a line of blue. As with the mountains, not just a line of brown. but those are rather small things. Other than that, this map should be interesting...lets hope noone gets a set or else they could take over the entire map (they could abandon places).

(not blind nationalism, I know/knew a french guy, he was extremely annoying and thought he was better than all canadians. So I nearly broke his leg in soccer, he no longer talks to me.)
Captain minihaymanz

Postby Haydena on Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:48 am

There you go reverand kyle. Suggestions. Now can you focus on one map at a time? This one has potential. Why not finish it?
Sergeant 1st Class Haydena

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:42 am

minihaymanz wrote:what would be the point of this map? the defender would NEVER win...

Do you have a new pic of this map? Still need to perge some territories, and by some, I mean a whole lot, and by a whole lot, I just mean enough to bring it down so that its a little more balanced...

Rivers need to look better, not just a line of blue. As with the mountains, not just a line of brown. but those are rather small things. Other than that, this map should be interesting...lets hope noone gets a set or else they could take over the entire map (they could abandon places).

(not blind nationalism, I know/knew a french guy, he was extremely annoying and thought he was better than all canadians. So I nearly broke his leg in soccer, he no longer talks to me.)
Yeah i'm still working on ways to make mountains.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Haydena on Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:27 am

Dude, you can get an image, and make it into a paintbrush in GIMP.

Alternitavely you can just copy and paste but andy doesn't like that. ;)

It's not so hard, stop whining and try to figure a way around it.

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:30 am

Haydena wrote:Dude, you can get an image, and make it into a paintbrush in GIMP.

Alternitavely you can just copy and paste but andy doesn't like that. ;)

It's not so hard, stop whining and try to figure a way around it.
HOw do you import paintbrush images into your image toolbar. Thats what I cant figure it out.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:08 am

There Is the newest update.

Here is how the numbers appear to me.

Yellow--6-2-3
Purple--4-2-4
Blue--4-1-3
Red--7-2-4
Lime--7-3-5
Aqua--11-10-11
Orange--8-7-8

If my numbers are correct thats how it goes. It leaves all of the outside's quite defendable and attainable and the insides really tough which i like.
That way no one will really hold the middle ground and it can leave room to be a battle area by all the outside continents. Feedback etc..
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Haydena on Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:52 am

Well... Games in this map will never end. Simply because of those two completely improportional continents in the middle. Everyone will have a continent worth 2, 3 or 4 armies, and will not be able to go anywhere. Whoever gets stuck in blue is going to be screwed from the off. Still as before, try merging some of the continents together...

And I hope you're going to play with the aesthetics because at the moment it looks horrible, all of those colours really dont go, some pastel, some primary colours? :shock:

Rivers and Mountains are going to need to be sorted out... Play with it a bit! It's not so hard.

You are experimenting with those fonts aren't you? Because none of them fit at all, or are readable, and this is an enormous map, how are you going to fit names like Calvados and Manche in on the small version?

Postby reverend_kyle on Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:00 pm

First off, I think you are right about games never ending, but that can be easily fixed by merging countries in the middle right?.

Yes, i do intend to work on the aesthetics, but i wanted to work on the gameplay first so i got rid of everything that might make it aesthetically good looking and chucked it. I didnt notice that with the colors though. I just had a picture of a couple political maps of whatever and was taking the colors to make up my maps. I guess when you get 2 different maps you get 2 different colors, eh?

You dont like ANY of the fonts? I dont know what to do there then. Those were the most readable fonts Gimp had to offer. Oh and ps, what are the dimension limits of maps and is that vertical or horizontal maximum?
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby rocksolid on Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:46 am

For fonts, I dig a large enough Palatino Linotype bold with available caps lock ecstasy.
Lieutenant rocksolid

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas