Kingdom of Denmark [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Kingdom of Denmark [Beta]

Postby chapcrap on Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:17 am

I like the latest gameplay update. I'll probably play the map more because of it.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Flapcake on Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:34 am

chapcrap wrote:I like the latest gameplay update. I'll probably play the map more because of it.

Thx chapcrap :)
Private 1st Class Flapcake

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (3)

Postby Mightor on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 am

Finally the map of Denmark came forward - very much wanted and valued - great work, dudes :-)
I have created some foggy maps and I discovered that it is shown to all players which player has captured which shield. I think the idea of a foggy game is missed, then. Could you do anything about that, pls.
But keep up the great work, mates.
Playful regards
Mightor
Click image to enlarge.
Major Mightor

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:35 am

Looked at your games and do you mean in the game log it shows the deployment of 2 for holding a shield? If you do, then nothing can be done as this is the way the log works.

If not, can you give a game number and clearer description of what it is so I can look into it.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby Mightor on Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:06 am

I this game I can see that yellow has 2 shields - in other games I see other players conquerrings of shields.
I wonder if the other players may see the same picture as I do ?

Game: Game 10701396
Four Cities ==> Ålborg(3) [2] Århus(?) [2] Esbjerg(?) [2] Odense(9) [2] København(6) [2]

Regards
Mightor
Click image to enlarge.
Major Mightor

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Clan Achievement (1)

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:56 am

You see that yellow has 2 shields, but which ones? The game log will always tell you how many troops each player gets, but not what territories each player gets. As koontz said, there is nothing that can be done about it. Plus I see you are using BOB, and as far as I know BOB doesn't show you which player has which city in foggy games.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:56 am

I just now noticed a small graphical flaw: the dark inner glow of the land area seems to be missing between randers / viborg.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Flapcake on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:57 am

natty dread wrote:I just now noticed a small graphical flaw: the dark inner glow of the land area seems to be missing between randers / viborg.

Its no flaw, its made like that on on purpose, its a river/impassable

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:32 am

"It's not a bug, it's a feature", right? ;)

The thing is, since it's the only "river" on the map, there's really no context to separate rivers from other bodies of water, so it just looks like another piece of water... so it'd be good if it was consistent with the other waters.

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Postby Flapcake on Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:24 am

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" Yes your rigth ;)

We are here in the category of taste and "cant take my eyes away details" in reality the water dont comes down that far in that area, but for the gameplay some impasable was needed, and what was more natural that make the "river/water" extended, therefor it looks like it does, I just didten added the white line to it, not by any fault but it was just the way I draw it.

If the foundry are upset of the missing sea foam, Im happy to add it, no sweat ;)

Postby chapcrap on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:44 pm

I agree with natty. It would look better if it was the same as the other water.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm not talking about the water's colour, I mean the dark glow on the edge of the land.

Postby Flapcake on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 pm

natty dread wrote:I'm not talking about the water's colour, I mean the dark glow on the edge of the land.

ahh the shade :) well thats supposed to be that way too (cough cough) :mrgreen:

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Come on, no it's not...

Postby Flapcake on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:45 am

natty dread wrote:Come on, no it's not...

Il sort it out ASAP

Postby Flapcake on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 am

Outer glow added to the river edges, (and yes its outer glow and not beveled) sea foam added to, although its limited how much sea foam a creek can contain ;)

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Postby natty dread on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I am satisfied

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Sent to lackattack!

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:04 pm

And updated! :D

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby Flapcake on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:41 am

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Final Stamp this guy! :D Nice map flappy.
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Last Call

If anyone has any other comments on tweaking the gameplay/graphics, now is the time to speak up! If there are no other concerns within the next couple of days, this map will be quenched!

thenobodies80

show

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Congrats Flapcake...beautiful map.
Major nolefan5311

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (13) Challenge Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (13) General Contribution (4)

Postby macbone on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 pm

It's a great map, Flapcake, a lot of fun to play. Nice job, man!
Major macbone
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Location: Looking out over Victoria Harbor, thinking about Middle Earth and how good my wife looks
Medals: 83
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (9)
General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:25 pm

No problems from my end. Quench this map. Good job flaps.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas