USA 2.1 [10 Mar 2013] Beta Baby!!

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: USA 2.1 [10 Mar 2013] Beta Baby!!

Postby Melkor52 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:09 pm

What I like about this map

Everything! I love this map. It's my favorite map on the site. The graphics are simple, but attractive. The bonuses are small but there is a LOT of them for the taking. It has the right number of airports to cause havoc to those who don't realize their strength, but not to many to be the cause of chaos. It's rules and bonus's are easy to understand yet leave plenty of room for strategy. Awesome map! My thanks to whoever created and implemented it.

What I don't like about this map

Nothing really. If I had to make a suggestion, it would be to limit the number of troops per turn that could move from one airport to another. And I'm not even certain I would suggest it. Outside of that, it's perfect, I love it.
Sergeant 1st Class Melkor52

Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Quenching

---The Beta period has concluded for the USA 2.1 Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready to be released into live play.

Congratulations isaiah40 and gilligan, your shiny new medals are well-earned =D>

Conquer Club, enjoy!

thenobodies80
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby Gilligan on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:48 pm

clan wars, here we come!! =D> =D> :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 203
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:32 pm

WOOHOO!!! Fianlly! LOL!!! :P Thank you Gilligan for your help on this one!! =D>
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby esbiete on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:30 am

Congratulations guys!
Lieutenant esbiete

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1) Challenge Achievement (2)

Postby Beko the Great on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:09 am

Well done guys!

One of my favourite maps! :)
Brigadier Beko the Great

Medals: 55
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (4) Tournament Contribution (8)

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:44 am

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=204301

isaiah40, if you can, I think you should post there and explain your reasons and all the "unsaid things"
I tried but i think nothing would be better than a mapmaker's reply.

thanks
Nobodies
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:21 am

dolomite13 wrote:Has anyone given any consideration to simply cloning the map and labeling the map "USA 2.2", changing the xml for 40 players, and making this the second Battle Royale map?

I think it could work quite well as one. With this map "USA 2.1" staying an 8 player map.

=D13=

I wonder if this suggestion could be brought to the light of day.
Sergeant 1st Class Dukasaur
Head Socialite
Head Socialite

Medals: 136
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (19)
General Achievement (15) Clan Achievement (9) Training Achievement (2) Challenge Achievement (5) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:12 pm

A simple graphics improvement could be to put a picture in the background?

It would fit the style of the other USA maps, eg:

Click image to enlarge.

It obviously has to be quite faded and in just the right place to not make the map look more cluttered, but it should make it look more appealing and less clinical?
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby Rodion on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:32 pm

I've just realized you have Tucson (Arizona) misspelt.
General Rodion

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Battle Royale Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (27) General Achievement (9) Clan Achievement (15) Tournament Contribution (3)
General Contribution (1)

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Rodion wrote:I've just realized you have Tucson (Arizona) misspelt.

So I do! Unfortunately since I have recently had both my backup and laptop hard drives crash, I have lost all my map files, so this won't be fixed any time soon!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas