Trench warfare 1917 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:15 am

nolefan5311 wrote:It's amazing how many times this question has come up in this thread. The same question was literally answered 4 posts before your post.


Anyone taking bets on how many more times it will be asked?

Something needs to be done, not on this map but in general over this trench setting. :-s
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:53 am

koontz1973 wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:It's amazing how many times this question has come up in this thread. The same question was literally answered 4 posts before your post.


Anyone taking bets on how many more times it will be asked?

Something needs to be done, not on this map but in general over this trench setting. :-s

Nothing needs to be done because:
  • People don't want to read or,
  • they don't know where to go
Anyone can read the instructions on, well, the instructions page!
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:27 am

Never knew that was there.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby Jippd on Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:05 pm

Sorry nole but I am very busy in real life and don't have time to read any posts and barely have time for playing as of late. I did not have the time to read this thread but I did have time to come here and post that. I should have realized you can advance past killer neutrals because I knew that already but it was late after a 12 hour shift of work and my brain wasn't working. Just because you have all day to devote to reading threads upon threads does not mean everyone else in the world does buddy :). Consider being more positive and less negative.

So I'm assuming by interpreting your post that your point is that I should have read the whole thread or even the posts above my post. I didn't have time for that with my real life schedule so I'm sorry that me asking the question offended you so much. I'll make sure to never post in the forums again unless I have read all previous posts in a thread because that is obviously a requirement of a forum.

Thank you koontz for politely answering the question.

You need to realize that most of the users on conquer club do not check the forums constantly and spend hours upon hours on here a day. When you are negative to people that post in the forums because you figure they should know better because it is all over the forums you are wrong. A majority of the users I would be willing to bet barely check the forums or even know how to navigate them.

It may be irritating to you to see "repeat" questions on the site because you spend an obscene amount of time on here, but you should not assume that everyone else should know everything that you know.

Consider being friendlier instead of carrying an egotistical you should have known better attitude and maybe that would help the forum usage and community participation grow. Just a thought
User avatar
Colonel Jippd
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:05 pm

Jippd wrote:Sorry nole but I am very busy in real life and don't have time to read any posts and barely have time for playing as of late. I did not have the time to read this thread but I did have time to come here and post that. I should have realized you can advance past killer neutrals because I knew that already but it was late after a 12 hour shift of work and my brain wasn't working. Just because you have all day to devote to reading threads upon threads does not mean everyone else in the world does buddy :). Consider being more positive and less negative.

So I'm assuming by interpreting your post that your point is that I should have read the whole thread or even the posts above my post. I didn't have time for that with my real life schedule so I'm sorry that me asking the question offended you so much. I'll make sure to never post in the forums again unless I have read all previous posts in a thread because that is obviously a requirement of a forum.

Thank you koontz for politely answering the question.

You need to realize that most of the users on conquer club do not check the forums constantly and spend hours upon hours on here a day. When you are negative to people that post in the forums because you figure they should know better because it is all over the forums you are wrong. A majority of the users I would be willing to bet barely check the forums or even know how to navigate them.

It may be irritating to you to see "repeat" questions on the site because you spend an obscene amount of time on here, but you should not assume that everyone else should know everything that you know.

Consider being friendlier instead of carrying an egotistical you should have known better attitude and maybe that would help the forum usage and community participation grow. Just a thought


Woah woah woah, let's pump the brakes there bud. I was not particularly negative or insulting to you. You just have to understand, the question was literally answered 4 posts above yours, and has probably been answered 20 times in this thread alone. My annoyance in this instance certainly shouldn't be enough to drive you away from posting in the forums. From all other accounts, you're a very valuable poster in the Foundry.

And I spend "hours upon hours" in these threads because it is my job to do so. :D

Let's just agree that you get over my annoyance, and I will ignore your thinly veiled insults, and everything is kosher. Cool?
Image
User avatar
Major nolefan5311
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Florida
Medals: 108
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby Jippd on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:48 pm

We are kosher
User avatar
Colonel Jippd
 
Posts: 1373
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:05 pm
Medals: 102
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby mr_chopper on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:38 am

Hello,

I quite enjoy playing this map. My only quibble is that it is somewhat difficult to distinguish between some of the colours of the 'bomb' icons - for which the planes target as a bombardment. It might be my graphics card or my old XP windows PC that doesn't show the difference. But, I have made the mistake of taking out the wrong plane - I think it is the blue and green 'bombs' which I can't distinguish too well from.

One other very minor quibble: why isn't there a Canadian flag on the board? You have the 'stars and stripes' - but the Americans didn't enter the war until, I believe, 1917.

Cheers

Chops.
User avatar
Captain mr_chopper
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:34 pm
Location: near the Baskervilles in a barn
Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (10)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby Flapcake on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:38 am

mr_chopper wrote:Hello,

I quite enjoy playing this map. My only quibble is that it is somewhat difficult to distinguish between some of the colours of the 'bomb' icons - for which the planes target as a bombardment. It might be my graphics card or my old XP windows PC that doesn't show the difference. But, I have made the mistake of taking out the wrong plane - I think it is the blue and green 'bombs' which I can't distinguish too well from.

One other very minor quibble: why isn't there a Canadian flag on the board? You have the 'stars and stripes' - but the Americans didn't enter the war until, I believe, 1917.

Cheers

Chops.


Hi mr_chopper, thx for your post, first the colours on the bombs are far from each other on my monitor, also your the only one who have stated it, perhaps its your system not showing the colours correct (as you pointed out your self) and that we cant ofcoruse not do anything about ;)

The US did join ww1 in 1917, the map is also called "Trench warfare 1917" the map is not historical correct, and dont have to be, I have described this serval times befor in this tread, but I dont mind do it again, its a map about trench warefare in the 19 century, ww1, not so much by who, but how, and no the canadian are not present, nor is russia, austria or belgium. Becourse its not about who figths who, but how it was to figth in a trench.

Im happy that you enjoy the map and recoment that you solve your grafix, then you can enjoy games even more :P

Flaps.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Flapcake
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 am
Location: beyond the unknown
Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (3)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby codierose on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:18 pm

koontz1973 wrote:xml raising the starting troops to 3 in 1v1 games.
Trenchmapv1.xml

=D> =D> =D>
only little quibble for me is manual will it stay at zero deploy
Image
User avatar
Major codierose
 
Posts: 1088
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:50 pm
Location: RANDOMBULLSHIT.ORG
Medals: 95
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (24) General Achievement (7)
Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:13 am

Yes, I programmed it that way.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby blue_max on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:42 am

Apologies if this has been covered earlier! But in Game 11630302 I am unable to launch any attack from A2. Even with nuff troops there A2 never comes up in "assault from" drop down. Is this a glitch or I am doing something wrong.?
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class blue_max
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles/Toronto/Calcutta
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:32 am

blue_max wrote:Apologies if this has been covered earlier! But in Game 11630302 I am unable to launch any attack from A2. Even with nuff troops there A2 never comes up in "assault from" drop down. Is this a glitch or I am doing something wrong.?


Where were you attempting to attack to? The game is fogged so you're the only person who can see anything.
Image
User avatar
Major nolefan5311
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:51 am
Location: Florida
Medals: 108
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:11 am

A2 can attack these territs.
ASL4
DH5
AFH1
A1

It also has a lot of territs it can bombard so the drop down box should of been very full.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby blue_max on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:18 am

sorry should have specified that earlier!
cant attack from A2 to L2/GSL1/GSL2/GSL3/GC2/W (Wilhelm II) regions. I thought those were possible. Here is the screengrab http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/1390/imgnkv.jpg
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class blue_max
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Location: Los Angeles/Toronto/Calcutta
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Trench warfare1917 V24. 21/06 Bugs be solved pg.1/25

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 am

Those are bombardments only, not attack routes. You can turn all troops into neutrals but not advance any troops over. All the planes and cannons bombard over no mans land.

Hope that helps/
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 7538
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:57 am
Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login