Conquer Club

Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [19.7.12] V19-P18 S & L & XML

Postby nolefan5311 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:31 pm

cairnswk wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:...
It's in the post dated November 4th.

Sorry nolefan5311, i hadn't seen it obviously...

All good :D
Captain nolefan5311

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [10.11.12] BETA Files

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:20 pm

Last edited by cairnswk on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [19.7.12] V19-P18 S & L & XML

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm

generalhead wrote:Another great map by cairnswk. =D>
I just ran a tournament on the Jamaica map. Love it. Thank for all that you do! =D>

Thank-you generalhead :)
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:12 am

The xml looks ok! :)

Before to send the files and give the Beta stamp I'd like to suggest to you to make a small refinement at your legend. If you look at the "zig-zag" lines into the legend, in some points, they go beyond the black border and, just for the small, the first of these lines on the right (the one between outer mails and utilities) has a small lighter dot at the top of it.

I think there's nothing else to do....no wait, i noticed other two small things O:)
The border between Enga Tribe and Gerehu Faiv is not continuous.
And finally I'm really worried that people will find hard to understand the connections between Sabama, Kila Kila Wan and Kila Kila (specially on the small, that seems to be the most used map). Personally I wouldn't move the circle or names, but instead I would redraw the Sabama border so it goes straight to the mountains, like in this rough example:

Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:50 pm

tnb80
thank-you for the xml stamp. at long last. it's not before time.
I am sorry to be so blunt about this publicly, but you guys really need to get some time management going around the place.
This map like some others i have done, has been sitting here waiting to be processed for i don't know how long.
And at this point you ask for something to be done which should have been raised ages ago and the map inspected long time before this.
Well, take the map as it is now, or leave it tnb80.
I am sick and tired of doing these last minute requests when they could have been attended to ages ago if you guys had some degree of decency about you.
Your issues are not on my radar to fix.
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:43 pm

I've already given to you a reply via PM, but since you want to make it public, here a public answer:

I apologize (and I've already did that with a pM) for the delay in giving you the xml stamp.
We don't have a time schedule that says that a map must be put in beta within X days.
I can't look at all the maps, my days have 24hours like yours and I have others things to do.
If a map comes into the forge and something about graphics has slipped away, I have (like every other users onthis site) the right to say what I think and give suggestions.
What I suggested won't take years to be done.
There're are no rules that say I can't give a graphical advice after that the graphics stamp has been given.

foundry guidelines wrote:
    The community has the final say on the quality of a map - During the Beta period, the map is played by the Conquer Club Community and the mapmaker will be required to respond to all advice or suggestions and fix any issue on the map, unless a logical rebuttal by the cartographer or another member of the community is provided. The Beta period is complete ONLY when the community at large is satisfied and there are no more suggestions, issues, or complaints.

Sorry but say: "I'm not in the mood to do it or I'm not willing to do it" is NOT a logical rebuttal.
What I suggest is something that 99% will be pointed out later, when the map is put in Beta (as I said via PM we can upload the files and you can fix it later)

So, I will send the files tomorrow for the upload, BUT I'm still a CC user and I'm giving an advice you can't ignore.

Now do what you want, although, after 30+ maps...quit for few pixels to change..I can't beleive you are saying no.
As said I hope it's just a bad day for you.

Postby Nola_Lifer on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:24 pm

I think the problem is this map is beautiful and for some reason didn't make it to beta on a timely manner or forgotten. Then NB you check the files and what not but tell cairns he has to make two small changes to the map. Why not send the files for beta and then make the suggestions for the fix? You did the opposite so Ivan understand why cairns is upset. The map is being help from beta for pettiness.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 pm

Would definitely like to see this map in play.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:45 pm

Files
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... V19Scd.png
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282 ... V19Lcd.png
XML
http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/10/26 ... Mosbi2.xml

OK. So exams are over for now and i have now until the end of February to make more map progress.
Have these files been sent for upload please.
Private cairnswk

Postby nolefan5311 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:31 pm

cairnswk wrote:Files
XML

OK. So exams are over for now and i have now until the end of February to make more map progress.

Is anything different in the XML I posted, and this one? If so, I will replace mine with this one.

Thanks cairns.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:03 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Files
XML

Is anything different in the XML I posted, and this one? If so, I will replace mine with this one.

Thanks cairns.

Not that i know of.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:35 pm

Adjusted images above
Private cairnswk

Re: Classic Cities :Pot Mosbi [18.11.12] BETA Files

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Beta - Quenching

---The Final Forge period has concluded for the Pot Mosbi Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Beta Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for BETA Play. After an extended period of time in BETA and once all quirks and issues have been resolved, the map will be put into Full Play (barring any vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

While the map is in BETA Play, there are a couple of administrative tasks that are required of the mapmaker(s) in addition to the initial gameplay testing:
    1. Please ensure that the first post of the thread contains all the necessary information to help future visitors to the development thread; it's particularly important to ensure the most recent images are there, along with any helpful guides (such as gameplay quirks/nuances or the location/size of any starting neutrals etc.)
    2. It is the responsibility of the mapmaker(s) to ensure that they respond to further feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
    3. Write a "creative" map description and send it to the Foundry Foreman via PM. You're encouraged to post it into the first post of the thread as well; the description will be used to populate the maps database.

thenobodies80

Postby cairnswk on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:08 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:
          Beta - Quenching

---The Final Forge period has concluded for the Pot Mosbi Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Beta Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for BETA Play. After an extended period of time in BETA and once all quirks and issues have been resolved, the map will be put into Full Play (barring any vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

While the map is in BETA Play, there are a couple of administrative tasks that are required of the mapmaker(s) in addition to the initial gameplay testing:
    1. Please ensure that the first post of the thread contains all the necessary information to help future visitors to the development thread; it's particularly important to ensure the most recent images are there, along with any helpful guides (such as gameplay quirks/nuances or the location/size of any starting neutrals etc.)
    2. It is the responsibility of the mapmaker(s) to ensure that they respond to further feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
    3. Write a "creative" map description and send it to the Foundry Foreman via PM. You're encouraged to post it into the first post of the thread as well; the description will be used to populate the maps database.

thenobodies80

Ah. long last...thanks tnb80...it's live. Let's see how these tribes works. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:01 am

Waiting my turn in this game Game 12014401 with pamoa. I'm worried about starting for second. Actually we have both 32 regions so pamoa will deploy 10. If he attacks me with 13 and he doesn't have bad dice I think he can easily take to me at least 2/3 regions, it means I will start my first turn with 29-30 regions...so a disadvantage in terms of troops that i can deploy and moreover the risk to be "deleted" from a part of the map if only he deploys on the stack of 7 troops with the right drop.

The same here Game 12012330, here Game 12014404 and here Game 12014397
The only exception for now is where both players decide to take neutrals to gain a bonus instead of focus on the opponent

Actually i think you should use a max positions option to balance things with few players, but I'll wait my turn before to confirm this. Let me see how it will end that game.

Postby amundsentb on Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:22 am

This looks like exactly the type of map that i enjoy. Great work
Colonel amundsentb

Postby amundsentb on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:13 am

Its a bit weird that the river ends in the sportsground
Colonel amundsentb

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:17 am

amundsentb wrote:Its a bit weird that the river ends in the sportsground

Must be playing water pole. :lol:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:12 pm

I agree. This does not look like a good 1v1 map with the amount of regions and troops each player starts with. But, it's not any different than a lot of the huge maps 1v1...going second is a huge disadvantage.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
amundsentb wrote:Its a bit weird that the river ends in the sportsground

Must be playing water pole. :lol:

it's actually a drain that takes water from sportground and hospital to the Waigani swamp
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:14 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:I agree. This does not look like a good 1v1 map with the amount of regions and troops each player starts with. But, it's not any different than a lot of the huge maps 1v1...going second is a huge disadvantage.

Yes i just had a second go on 1v1, but managed to claw my way back so my opponent was disadvantaged.
Private cairnswk

Postby nolefan5311 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:26 pm

cairnswk wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:I agree. This does not look like a good 1v1 map with the amount of regions and troops each player starts with. But, it's not any different than a lot of the huge maps 1v1...going second is a huge disadvantage.

Yes i just had a second go on 1v1, but managed to claw my way back so my opponent was disadvantaged.

I saw that game and you did manage to have a pretty good turn going second. I will be watching it to see what happens.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:53 pm

nolefan5311 wrote:...
I saw that game and you did manage to have a pretty good turn going second. I will be watching it to see what happens.

game seems to be wokring OK so far
Private cairnswk

Postby patrik702 on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 pm

A very sweet map cairnswk! I wish I had 0.03% of the talent of the foundry members. Also, a great job from the other CCers who contributed to this map.

Haven't gone over the entire thread. However, just the map itself make me want to Wiki Pot Mosbi as well as PNG to read up on it and to look at the maps well.

Excellent job to the crew of Pot Mosbi.

Have a great Holiday Season.

ED: This map also makes me want to read up on the other maps in your banner sig!
Private patrik702

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:33 pm

patrik702 wrote:A very sweet map cairnswk! I wish I had 0.03% of the talent of the foundry members. Also, a great job from the other CCers who contributed to this map.

Haven't gone over the entire thread. However, just the map itself make me want to Wiki Pot Mosbi as well as PNG to read up on it and to look at the maps well.

Excellent job to the crew of Pot Mosbi.

Have a great Holiday Season.

ED: This map also makes me want to read up on the other maps in your banner sig!

Thank-you patrik702, very kind of you. :)
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas