Conquer Club

King's Court 2 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Honestly, to me, I wouldn't mess with the gameplay at all except to perhaps make the College of Cardinals have a little higher number. That's debatable. I really like the way everything else plays out.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby nudge on Fri May 04, 2012 5:43 am

Knights and archers do not appear to be balance around all castles.

House of Finwe has 2 associated archers and no knight.

House of Doriath has 2 associated knights and no archer

all the other castles have one of each
Private 1st Class nudge

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 04, 2012 10:13 am

nudge wrote:Knights and archers do not appear to be balance around all castles.

This is true. Also, there appears to be 5 counselors and 10 castles.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Seamus76 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 am

chapcrap wrote:

I pointed this out as well on the last page, and Kabs wrote this back in response, which makes sense. Personally I don't like the two catapults in Hareth, or that there is no Knight in Finwe, but I do understand how the diversity can be an extra wrinkle for the game play.

Postby Kabanellas on Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 pm
Thanks a lot Seamus!!

It's part of the concept on KC2 to have some differences between Houses/Castles unlike what happens on KC1 where all Castles are pretty much the same. This spices up game play because you have to adjust the game play accordingly to where you start. You can also take some hints from that diversity, as to where players are starting, when you play in fog.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Seamus76 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

I pointed this out as well on the last page, and Kabs wrote this back in response, which makes sense. Personally I don't like the two catapults in Hareth, or that there is no Knight in Finwe, but I do understand how the diversity can be an extra wrinkle for the game play.

Postby Kabanellas on Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 pm
Thanks a lot Seamus!!

It's part of the concept on KC2 to have some differences between Houses/Castles unlike what happens on KC1 where all Castles are pretty much the same. This spices up game play because you have to adjust the game play accordingly to where you start. You can also take some hints from that diversity, as to where players are starting, when you play in fog.

Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic by pointing out other obvious features of the map...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby J_Indr on Fri May 04, 2012 5:10 pm

There's a bug - Beoren knight borders Beoren castle, although it should not be able to attack it.
Corporal 1st Class J_Indr

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue May 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Is the one army for every two knights and a castle supposed to be cumulative? If you have two castles and two knights, should that be a +1 or a +2?
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby Kabanellas on Tue May 15, 2012 6:55 pm

dwilhelmi wrote:Is the one army for every two knights and a castle supposed to be cumulative? If you have two castles and two knights, should that be a +1 or a +2?

it will only work for 1 castle
Major Kabanellas

Postby Kabanellas on Tue May 15, 2012 7:11 pm

updating the 'to-do' list:

-Darken the hex borders a bit (Image files)
(do you really want me to do this? I don't think that this is really necessary and the map will look worst)
-Correct 'Chamberlain' spelling (Image files)
-Correct S17 archer, it should be A17 archer (Image files)
-Correct HB2 knight to NOT border Beoren castle (XML)

Considering:
-Remove the auto-deploy bonus on Ports ? (XML and Image files)
-Decrease killer-neutrals on the College of Cardinals from 6 to 5 (XML and Image files)

-Admiral is the only Counselor that can drop troops from the Court to a non-bombard region, which makes him especially powerful over the others - considering to add a negative effect (-1) for owning the admiral and a port, or maybe -1 for every 2 ports (XML and Image files)
Major Kabanellas

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 am

I would make zero gameplay changes...except to make the knight's bonus like KC1. You should get an increasing bonus for more castles and knights.

Also: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=171155
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby dwilhelmi on Fri May 18, 2012 4:10 pm

chapcrap wrote:I would make zero gameplay changes...except to make the knight's bonus like KC1. You should get an increasing bonus for more castles and knights.

This. Agree 100%.
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby Genaraln7 on Sat May 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Kabanellas wrote:updating the 'to-do' list:

-Darken the hex borders a bit (Image files)
(do you really want me to do this? I don't think that this is really necessary and the map will look worst)

After playing for some time i think it isent that bad, i only think its a shame that on some parts of the map the hexes and signals from the houses just fade away compaird to the rest of the map... cant you give that a touch more inkt so you can see them beter but without ruining the looks of the map...

Kabanellas wrote:Considering:
-Remove the auto-deploy bonus on Ports ? (XML and Image files)
-Admiral is the only Counselor that can drop troops from the Court to a non-bombard region, which makes him especially powerful over the others - considering to add a negative effect (-1) for owning the admiral and a port, or maybe -1 for every 2 ports (XML and Image files)

What do you mean with " Admiral is the only Counselor that can drop troops from the Court to a non-bombard region"?

You could remove the bonus from the ports... but giving them a -1 bounes doesent make any sense. then you might as wel take his bounis away compleetly and just make him a one way assult route...

If you ask me you should give the admiral only the +1 for every two ports or he can only one way assult all ports.
Once these were fertile farmlands, soon your blood will make them fertile again.
Lieutenant Genaraln7

Postby Kabanellas on Sun May 20, 2012 6:32 am

Genaraln7 wrote:After playing for some time i think it isent that bad, i only think its a shame that on some parts of the map the hexes and signals from the houses just fade away compaird to the rest of the map... cant you give that a touch more inkt so you can see them beter but without ruining the looks of the map...

I know what you mean... I did tried a lot around it, but couldn't get to a solution where you could see the houses coat-of-arms and still see everything that's going on in the map behind them... I'll test it some more though

Genaraln7 wrote:What do you mean with " Admiral is the only Counselor that can drop troops from the Court to a non-bombard region"?

You could remove the bonus from the ports... but giving them a -1 bounes doesent make any sense. then you might as wel take his bounis away compleetly and just make him a one way assult route...

If you ask me you should give the admiral only the +1 for every two ports or he can only one way assult all ports.

The fact that you can transport troops between your castles through the Court is very important - That's why the King plays a vital part here, apart from having line of sight to all castles, obviously. With the Marshal you can also move troops but they will be stuck on Archer units making their use more limited. The Admiral on the other hand can actually move troops from one castle or noble for instance, to another Port on a different quadrant and that's very useful.

I want it to keep this ability, though.. because making it a bombard unit only, with such a limited range (11 ports only) and limited bonus capability would make it useless compared to the other counselors....
Major Kabanellas

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Perhaps +1 for every 2 ports is a good compromise.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Genaraln7 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 am

But on the other side does this map have to be so ballenced? i mean docks are all central even if someone takes them all he wil have the rest of the map against him or her...

I still have to check out the house of cardinals, but I kind of like the way the map is... 8-)
Once these were fertile farmlands, soon your blood will make them fertile again.
Lieutenant Genaraln7

Postby ConquerEverythin on Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 pm

In my game, I did not know that you could not reinforce out of a trebuchet. Now I about to lose over 40 troops just because I did not know that. It doesn't say anywhere on the map. Can you please change the map such that you can reinforce out of a trebuchet some-other people might have had the same problem as me.
Private 1st Class ConquerEverythin

Postby Kabanellas on Mon May 28, 2012 5:45 am

You can read in the legend, concerning the Trebuchet:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

(which is the way we commonly refer to killer-neutral regions here on CC)
Major Kabanellas

Postby chapcrap on Mon May 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Kabanellas wrote:You can read in the legend, concerning the Trebuchet:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

What he describes isn't a killer neutral. He was describing a tert that can only bombard and not attack. Now, all of us who played KC1 would understand that you can't attack, but it doesn't say that in the legend. He's right, it should be there somewhere. Perhaps add: 'Trebuchets can only bombard'
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue May 29, 2012 12:09 am

chapcrap wrote:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

What he describes isn't a killer neutral. He was describing a tert that can only bombard and not attack. Now, all of us who played KC1 would understand that you can't attack, but it doesn't say that in the legend. He's right, it should be there somewhere. Perhaps add: 'Trebuchets can only bombard'

Actually, it does say that already, in the upper right corner:
"Archers, Catapults and Trebuchets can only bombard unless stated otherwise."
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby chapcrap on Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 am

dwilhelmi wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

Oh, there it is!!

Nevermind then, it's on there.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue May 29, 2012 4:41 pm

chapcrap wrote:
dwilhelmi wrote:
chapcrap wrote:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

Oh, there it is!!

Nevermind then, it's on there.

I wonder - does it just not stand out enough? Could it somehow be emphasized more?
Brigadier dwilhelmi

Postby chapcrap on Tue May 29, 2012 5:51 pm

dwilhelmi wrote:I wonder - does it just not stand out enough? Could it somehow be emphasized more?

I think it's fine. I just didn't read the whole legend when I went back to check if it was there the first time. I looked only in the trebuchet portion of legend. Maybe there could be something in the archer, catapult, and trebuchet section that says: 'See Notes'
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby mc05025 on Wed May 30, 2012 8:09 am

chapcrap wrote:I would make zero gameplay changes...except to make the knight's bonus like KC1. You should get an increasing bonus for more castles and knights.

Yes, I tottaly agree.

In addition if you want to let it as it is you should change the bonus rules of the map. At the moment it is clear that with every 2 knights and a castle you take +1 which does not happen

Lastly I think the King is extremely strong. People will just the king and stack there like crazy. The -5 per castle is not enough. For example look game 11126126. I had only 12 troops at the king and blue attacked me and put half his army there making his bonus bigger and having access to anyone
Field Marshal mc05025

Postby chapcrap on Wed May 30, 2012 5:26 pm

After playing more, I agree with mc. The King is quite strong once you have a sufficient number of terts. I would make it a little more costly.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby mc05025 on Wed May 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Even if I have played only one game I do not like it at all that the knights +EVERY castle does not give a bonus. It makes the castles pretty useless. The +2 of the castle is very little in a map that a player can have 30 troops due at an 8 player game. In addition the penalty of having the counselors+castle or the King+castle making the castles not worthy
Field Marshal mc05025

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas