King's Court 2 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Kabanellas on Thu May 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Thanks a lot Seamus!!

It's part of the concept on KC2 to have some differences between Houses/Castles unlike what happens on KC1 where all Castles are pretty much the same. This spices up game play because you have to adjust the game play accordingly to where you start. You can also take some hints from that diversity, as to where players are starting, when you play in fog.
User avatar
Colonel Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Kabanellas on Thu May 03, 2012 2:58 pm

There is something bothering me concerning the Admiral. I'm having the feeling that people will choose 90% of time the Admiral over the other counselors, having that useful feature of taking any port from there... Basically the Admiral is far more useful than any of the other Counselors.

I'm proposing a negative effect to balance things and make it a bit less appealing and less powerful. Maybe a -2 per Port?
User avatar
Colonel Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 03, 2012 3:01 pm

Kabanellas wrote:There is something bothering me concerning the Admiral. I'm having the feeling that people will choose 90% of time the Admiral over the other counselors, having that useful feature of taking any port from there... Basically the Admiral is far more useful than any of the other Counselors.

I'm proposing a negative effect to balance things and make it a bit less appealing and less powerful. Maybe a -2 per Port?

How about instead it bombards the ports instead of attacking them?
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Kabanellas on Thu May 03, 2012 3:07 pm

I thought of that initially - but that would probably make it a bit redundant on the great scheme of things... The bombard ability of the Duke and his bonus capability make him much more appealing over the Admiral.

Maybe a -1 (or-2) per port for the Admiral? Taking ports with him might be useful, but comes with a cost...
User avatar
Colonel Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Seamus76 on Thu May 03, 2012 3:41 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Kabanellas wrote:There is something bothering me concerning the Admiral. I'm having the feeling that people will choose 90% of time the Admiral over the other counselors, having that useful feature of taking any port from there... Basically the Admiral is far more useful than any of the other Counselors.

I'm proposing a negative effect to balance things and make it a bit less appealing and less powerful. Maybe a -2 per Port?

How about instead it bombards the ports instead of attacking them?


This was my thought too. Just make it bombard instead of attack. I see what you're going for by having that difference, but to me the redundancness (not sure that's a word, but it is now) would be a good thing for the Admiral. I'm not sure if you've seen a lot of Admirals being taken in other games, but in the ones I have played it's been more often Lord Chamberlain. Not sure why, maybe it's because you get +2 (most of the time if you still have your 2 nobles) and another +1 auto deploy, so basically +3. To me that's better than the Admiral, maybe not as "useful", but +3 is pretty useful as well.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain Seamus76
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Medals: 106
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (31) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (5)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Thu May 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Honestly, to me, I wouldn't mess with the gameplay at all except to perhaps make the College of Cardinals have a little higher number. That's debatable. I really like the way everything else plays out.
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby nudge on Fri May 04, 2012 5:43 am

Knights and archers do not appear to be balance around all castles.

House of Finwe has 2 associated archers and no knight.

House of Doriath has 2 associated knights and no archer

all the other castles have one of each
User avatar
Private 1st Class nudge
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:05 am
Location: Perth, Australia
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (6)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 04, 2012 10:13 am

nudge wrote:Knights and archers do not appear to be balance around all castles.

House of Finwe has 2 associated archers and no knight.

House of Doriath has 2 associated knights and no archer

all the other castles have one of each

This is true. Also, there appears to be 5 counselors and 10 castles.
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Seamus76 on Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 am

chapcrap wrote:
nudge wrote:Knights and archers do not appear to be balance around all castles.

House of Finwe has 2 associated archers and no knight.

House of Doriath has 2 associated knights and no archer

all the other castles have one of each

This is true. Also, there appears to be 5 counselors and 10 castles.


I pointed this out as well on the last page, and Kabs wrote this back in response, which makes sense. Personally I don't like the two catapults in Hareth, or that there is no Knight in Finwe, but I do understand how the diversity can be an extra wrinkle for the game play.

Postby Kabanellas on Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 pm
Thanks a lot Seamus!!

It's part of the concept on KC2 to have some differences between Houses/Castles unlike what happens on KC1 where all Castles are pretty much the same. This spices up game play because you have to adjust the game play accordingly to where you start. You can also take some hints from that diversity, as to where players are starting, when you play in fog.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Captain Seamus76
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer
 
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:41 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Medals: 106
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (31) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (5)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 04, 2012 4:23 pm

Seamus76 wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
nudge wrote:Knights and archers do not appear to be balance around all castles.

House of Finwe has 2 associated archers and no knight.

House of Doriath has 2 associated knights and no archer

all the other castles have one of each

This is true. Also, there appears to be 5 counselors and 10 castles.


I pointed this out as well on the last page, and Kabs wrote this back in response, which makes sense. Personally I don't like the two catapults in Hareth, or that there is no Knight in Finwe, but I do understand how the diversity can be an extra wrinkle for the game play.

Postby Kabanellas on Thu May 03, 2012 3:50 pm
Thanks a lot Seamus!!

It's part of the concept on KC2 to have some differences between Houses/Castles unlike what happens on KC1 where all Castles are pretty much the same. This spices up game play because you have to adjust the game play accordingly to where you start. You can also take some hints from that diversity, as to where players are starting, when you play in fog.

Yes, I know. I was being sarcastic by pointing out other obvious features of the map...
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby J_Indr on Fri May 04, 2012 5:10 pm

There's a bug - Beoren knight borders Beoren castle, although it should not be able to attack it.
Corporal 1st Class J_Indr
 
Posts: 177
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:24 am
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)
Clan Achievement (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue May 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Is the one army for every two knights and a castle supposed to be cumulative? If you have two castles and two knights, should that be a +1 or a +2?
User avatar
Brigadier dwilhelmi
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 am
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Kabanellas on Tue May 15, 2012 6:55 pm

dwilhelmi wrote:Is the one army for every two knights and a castle supposed to be cumulative? If you have two castles and two knights, should that be a +1 or a +2?


it will only work for 1 castle
User avatar
Colonel Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Kabanellas on Tue May 15, 2012 7:11 pm

updating the 'to-do' list:

-Darken the hex borders a bit (Image files)
(do you really want me to do this? I don't think that this is really necessary and the map will look worst)
-Correct 'Chamberlain' spelling (Image files)
-Correct S17 archer, it should be A17 archer (Image files)
-Correct HB2 knight to NOT border Beoren castle (XML)


Considering:
-Remove the auto-deploy bonus on Ports ? (XML and Image files)
-Decrease killer-neutrals on the College of Cardinals from 6 to 5 (XML and Image files)

-Admiral is the only Counselor that can drop troops from the Court to a non-bombard region, which makes him especially powerful over the others - considering to add a negative effect (-1) for owning the admiral and a port, or maybe -1 for every 2 ports (XML and Image files)
User avatar
Colonel Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Fri May 18, 2012 1:59 am

I would make zero gameplay changes...except to make the knight's bonus like KC1. You should get an increasing bonus for more castles and knights.

Also: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=171155
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby dwilhelmi on Fri May 18, 2012 4:10 pm

chapcrap wrote:I would make zero gameplay changes...except to make the knight's bonus like KC1. You should get an increasing bonus for more castles and knights.

This. Agree 100%.
User avatar
Brigadier dwilhelmi
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 am
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Genaraln7 on Sat May 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Kabanellas wrote:updating the 'to-do' list:

-Darken the hex borders a bit (Image files)
(do you really want me to do this? I don't think that this is really necessary and the map will look worst)


After playing for some time i think it isent that bad, i only think its a shame that on some parts of the map the hexes and signals from the houses just fade away compaird to the rest of the map... cant you give that a touch more inkt so you can see them beter but without ruining the looks of the map...

Kabanellas wrote:Considering:
-Remove the auto-deploy bonus on Ports ? (XML and Image files)
-Admiral is the only Counselor that can drop troops from the Court to a non-bombard region, which makes him especially powerful over the others - considering to add a negative effect (-1) for owning the admiral and a port, or maybe -1 for every 2 ports (XML and Image files)


What do you mean with " Admiral is the only Counselor that can drop troops from the Court to a non-bombard region"?

You could remove the bonus from the ports... but giving them a -1 bounes doesent make any sense. then you might as wel take his bounis away compleetly and just make him a one way assult route...

If you ask me you should give the admiral only the +1 for every two ports or he can only one way assult all ports.
Once these were fertile farmlands, soon your blood will make them fertile again.
User avatar
Lieutenant Genaraln7
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Kabanellas on Sun May 20, 2012 6:32 am

Genaraln7 wrote:After playing for some time i think it isent that bad, i only think its a shame that on some parts of the map the hexes and signals from the houses just fade away compaird to the rest of the map... cant you give that a touch more inkt so you can see them beter but without ruining the looks of the map...


I know what you mean... I did tried a lot around it, but couldn't get to a solution where you could see the houses coat-of-arms and still see everything that's going on in the map behind them... I'll test it some more though

Genaraln7 wrote:What do you mean with " Admiral is the only Counselor that can drop troops from the Court to a non-bombard region"?

You could remove the bonus from the ports... but giving them a -1 bounes doesent make any sense. then you might as wel take his bounis away compleetly and just make him a one way assult route...

If you ask me you should give the admiral only the +1 for every two ports or he can only one way assult all ports.


The fact that you can transport troops between your castles through the Court is very important - That's why the King plays a vital part here, apart from having line of sight to all castles, obviously. With the Marshal you can also move troops but they will be stuck on Archer units making their use more limited. The Admiral on the other hand can actually move troops from one castle or noble for instance, to another Port on a different quadrant and that's very useful.

I want it to keep this ability, though.. because making it a bombard unit only, with such a limited range (11 ports only) and limited bonus capability would make it useless compared to the other counselors....
User avatar
Colonel Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 20, 2012 5:59 pm

Perhaps +1 for every 2 ports is a good compromise.
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Genaraln7 on Tue May 22, 2012 10:51 am

But on the other side does this map have to be so ballenced? i mean docks are all central even if someone takes them all he wil have the rest of the map against him or her...

I still have to check out the house of cardinals, but I kind of like the way the map is... 8-)
Once these were fertile farmlands, soon your blood will make them fertile again.
User avatar
Lieutenant Genaraln7
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:00 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby ConquerEverythin on Sat May 26, 2012 12:32 pm

In my game, I did not know that you could not reinforce out of a trebuchet. Now I about to lose over 40 troops just because I did not know that. It doesn't say anywhere on the map. Can you please change the map such that you can reinforce out of a trebuchet some-other people might have had the same problem as me.
Private 1st Class ConquerEverythin
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby Kabanellas on Mon May 28, 2012 5:45 am

You can read in the legend, concerning the Trebuchet:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

(which is the way we commonly refer to killer-neutral regions here on CC)
User avatar
Colonel Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:21 pm
Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (15) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Mon May 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Kabanellas wrote:You can read in the legend, concerning the Trebuchet:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

(which is the way we commonly refer to killer-neutral regions here on CC)

What he describes isn't a killer neutral. He was describing a tert that can only bombard and not attack. Now, all of us who played KC1 would understand that you can't attack, but it doesn't say that in the legend. He's right, it should be there somewhere. Perhaps add: 'Trebuchets can only bombard'
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby dwilhelmi on Tue May 29, 2012 12:09 am

chapcrap wrote:
Kabanellas wrote:You can read in the legend, concerning the Trebuchet:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

(which is the way we commonly refer to killer-neutral regions here on CC)

What he describes isn't a killer neutral. He was describing a tert that can only bombard and not attack. Now, all of us who played KC1 would understand that you can't attack, but it doesn't say that in the legend. He's right, it should be there somewhere. Perhaps add: 'Trebuchets can only bombard'

Actually, it does say that already, in the upper right corner:
"Archers, Catapults and Trebuchets can only bombard unless stated otherwise."
User avatar
Brigadier dwilhelmi
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 am
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (9) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA (Live now)

Postby chapcrap on Tue May 29, 2012 11:47 am

dwilhelmi wrote:
chapcrap wrote:
Kabanellas wrote:You can read in the legend, concerning the Trebuchet:

-Reverts to 4 neutral

(which is the way we commonly refer to killer-neutral regions here on CC)

What he describes isn't a killer neutral. He was describing a tert that can only bombard and not attack. Now, all of us who played KC1 would understand that you can't attack, but it doesn't say that in the legend. He's right, it should be there somewhere. Perhaps add: 'Trebuchets can only bombard'

Actually, it does say that already, in the upper right corner:
"Archers, Catapults and Trebuchets can only bombard unless stated otherwise."

Oh, there it is!!

Nevermind then, it's on there.
Image
User avatar
Captain chapcrap
 
Posts: 9581
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:46 am
Location: Kansas City
Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login