Conquer Club

Re: Rail S America [21.11.13] BETA READY

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Rail S America [29.12.12] V6-P3 Design Change?

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:16 pm

koontz1973 wrote:...
As for the last one, even I have to say that this is not unique in any way now. As you know, that is one of the requirements for a new map. As for Rail North America, we already have Rail USA. Nothing unique about that at all.

NO. nothing unqiue about completing a series....however, USA does not include Canada nor Mexico, although some might think it does.
And while we're on the subject of unqiness...how many more USA or European maps are going to be made?
Don't talk to me about uniqueness :) because this uniqueness BS thing gets trotted out whenever someone feels like getting on their fancy horse to make the site sound as though it has some unique qualities about it. Several have tried that one on me in the past and they no longer are here.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:32 pm

You are right, nothing unique about map after map of the USA, but apart from the map pack, they are all different in certain aspects. USA, USA2.1, USapocalypse all cover the continental united states, all have different game play and looks. The others are all regions of the states. And again, apart from the pack, all are different from one another. The huge difference they all have over this series is that not only the looks have changed from one to another, the game play has changed.

I am not trotting out the uniqueness card here for the sake of it as we have lots of maps that have similar themes and similar styles, I bring it up as at some point we really will end up with Rail Mars or Rail Antarctica.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:36 pm

koontz1973 wrote:You are right, nothing unique about map after map of the USA, but apart from the map pack, they are all different in certain aspects. USA, USA2.1, USapocalypse all cover the continental united states, all have different game play and looks. The others are all regions of the states. And again, apart from the pack, all are different from one another. The huge difference they all have over this series is that not only the looks have changed from one to another, the game play has changed.

I am not trotting out the uniqueness card here for the sake of it as we have lots of maps that have similar themes and similar styles, I bring it up as at some point we really will end up with Rail Mars or Rail Antarctica.

Get me an xml update and i will make it unique. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:34 am

You had two last year. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:26 am

koontz1973 wrote:You had two last year. ;)

and what were they?
If you're saying losing condition was an update, well yes, and i already have 3 of those in the foundry, so this map is not going that way.
If you're saying conditional border was an update, well really for the rail maps, that wasn't an update since for most you've had to hold the adjoining station in a terminal to gain access to another line. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:39 pm

The other one was collections.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:59 pm

isaiah40 wrote:The other one was collections.

Thank-you isaiah40.
Is there any chance we can get these added to XML tutorial which is supposed to be our guide as to how do these updates for xml, please?
Private cairnswk

Re: Rail S America [29.12.12] V6-P3 New Sizes.

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:42 pm

New sizes will be:

Small: 800 x 850
Larage: 1040 x 1105
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:23 pm

cairnswk wrote:

Thank-you isaiah40.
Is there any chance we can get these added to XML tutorial which is supposed to be our guide as to how do these updates for xml, please?

Is there a chance you stop to demand things all days/all time? Let me say you're becoming annoying (and i'm not talking only about this, but also about other things that have left me really disappointed)
A guide will be released as soon as we have the go ahead about some things from the red guys. You should know how things work here and that some things are kept behind the scenes till a X moment. (maybe that things are done when you think, and post, that we're not here or we're doing nothing? :idea: )
Be patient as you were in past and switch back your behaviour like it was in past (i hope you get what i mean)

cairnswk wrote:Don't talk to me about uniqueness :) because this uniqueness BS thing gets trotted out whenever someone feels like getting on their fancy horse to make the site sound as though it has some unique qualities about it. Several have tried that one on me in the past and they no longer are here.

Think what you want, but like I said to you in other occasion, you don't make the rules and you're not the foundry nor a CAs nor an admin and unfortunately for you i'm still here (and i have no plans to go anywhere). On the opposite, BS or not, the site has a veto option you can't circumvent and you must follow the site rules. So this is the final rail map.
And in case you don't like what i said above let me remember this main rule to you:

guidelines wrote:It's fine if you don't like this site or the way it is run...find another one with better rules, start another one and make your own rules, abuse another one and try to get them to change their rules, but don't complain about the rules here.

It's no more like when Lack allowed everything, forget that time. Now CAs really have the final say on things, you can like it or not, but this is how things will be done now.

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:24 pm

cairnswk wrote:New sizes will be:

btw, these sizes are ok.

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:41 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:
It's no more like when Lack allowed everything, forget that time. Now CAs really have the final say on things, you can like it or not, but this is how things will be done now.

Nobodies

Thank-you King tnb80 :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:03 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

Thank-you isaiah40.

Is there a chance you stop to demand things all days/all time? Let me say you're becoming annoying (and i'm not talking only about this, but also about other things that have left me really disappointed)

If you did your job properly i wouldn't have to chase these things up all the time, when i as a mapmaker am in need of this information.
If there were these updates last year, then one would think that it would take a couple of minutes for someone with understanding like yourself of xml, to write something on the XML tutorial page as it exists now so the information is available to everyone, instead of having these grand plans that seem to take forever to be implemented to write some new page about it all. Likewise, things just keep getting put in the dark, very secretive foundry mods we have these days bacause they never seem to reveal all the informatyion to those who want it.

And i don't beleive that red boys hold you back on these things, but rather your inadequecies as a good time manager.

Seems to me you got your nose out of joint because your RL problems as well as my badgering don't play to your liking. Well got used to my italian, this is life, but don't take it out on me. If you can't stand the fire when it's hot, then don't be around it.

But you said you have no plans for going anywhere. Well, i have a prediction. and your plans...we'll see how long that lasts.
You accuse me of "ruling the place"...me? I standing up for what is expected of a good CA Supervisor, not one who does his job half-heartedly, nor takes the foundry to "strike" when he can't get his own way. Congratulations on that one...you'll go down in history for that!

This line to isaiah40 above was a request that something be done about updating the xml tutorial page.
There was no need to come back at me in the fashion you did...you could have simply said that it was being attended to and the information would be available shortly.

But you chose to tirade about how CAs have final say, well welcome to the foundry King tnb80. Do you have Sherifs of Nottingham to accompany you?
I could go on and on, but i won't be bothered because the Godfather/King has lost my respect. :twisted:
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:12 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:New sizes will be:

btw, these sizes are ok.

thank-you, i take it supersize stamping is no longer fashionable?
Private cairnswk

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm

My words have a reason. I do not like liars and people that throw shit on others just for the sake of it. About how I do my job, please shut up now because YOU DON'T KNOW things. :-$

Draw maps if you want, but do that...it's all you are supposed to do here.

And i don't beleive that red boys hold you back on these things, but rather your inadequecies as a good time manager.

Blah blah blah....SHUT UP!
The guide has taken so much time for a reason, again you don't know things and you don't know why it has taken so much time. If a mapmaker needs info now i can give all the answers, like i did with oneyed.
I do not have to give you any explanation about why it took so long, you don't pay to draw maps, you don't pay to have a forum.

About the rest, think what you want....as said it's just you and I had a confirmation last night, when i had to stay online till 4:30am (but i still don't care about the foundry) to solve a surreal issue you brought to one of my mods. Wasted time mostly, but at least I got a real feedback (and kind words) from users that DO NOT think we're not here and that we do nothing.
It's not that i can't stand the fire when it's hot...it's that nobody here can tolerate you anymore. The day you will realize you're the only man on earth with menstruation, maybe you will understand how hard is "live" with you.

The supersize stamp doesn't belong to me, as stated in the guidelines. I gave you an answer because someone else didn't.

Then call me dictator, king or like you want...again you see just 1% of what I do all day...you're not entitle, nor you have any right to tell me what i have to do or if i do my job properly. Moreover there's a long list of people that can tell you the opposite. again learn to shut up if you don't know things.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

ps. don't talk about my RL anymore, you know zero about it and you have no rights to talk about that. Again you're showing how poor you are. The next time I will read something about my RL or any veiled insult about italy or italians (like you did in past) or again if I read a your post in which you insult one of my CAs...then that will be your last post in the foundry. And this is a promise.

Now let me spend my time on better things....oh no wait , we're all slackers so let me sit at the table to eat some spaghetti and a bottle of wine :roll:
Discussion closed, I have nothing else to say to you and i do not want to derail this topic more than what we already did.
Good luck with your maps.

Nobodies
(a friend and a foundry mod for mostly everyone, a king for you)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Private cairnswk

Postby generalhead on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Ok gentlemen we are all here for the same purpose to create maps. It would be easier if we worked together instead of against each other. You have both made your point. can we please move passed this? Image
Sergeant generalhead

Postby thenobodies80 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:24 pm

You right GH, sorry for not being able to bite my tongue. My fault.
Just...we're (the CAs) full of him...really.

Sorry again
Nobodies

Edit: made clear the "we're"

Postby Seamus76 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:59 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:You right GH, sorry for not being able to bite my tongue. My fault.
Just...we're all full of him...really.

Sorry again
Nobodies

With all due respect I think you should have left it without saying the last part.

Also, I am not full of anyone here, especially cairns, but I am not a fan of drama, and everyone being a little overly sensitive. Like GH said I only want to make maps as well, and that can't be done without the feedback of the community, which is all of us, and the trust that opinions will be respected for better or worse. I am also guilty of being frustrated with the lack of movement and feedback these days, as I can't do much without knowing what to do. If that makes sense. But I also understand that this isn't the most important thing in our lives, and respect that.

Now let's all get back to work. :D

Edit: I like the design change. The towers have more of a modern feel to me. It is quite a change from the rest though, but it's cool.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:41 pm

Seamus76 wrote:...
Edit: I like the design change. The towers have more of a modern feel to me. It is quite a change from the rest though, but it's cool.

thanks for the feedback :)
Private cairnswk

Postby Oneyed on Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:37 am

are needed here so strong words?
cairnswk is one of the best mapmakers here who created many maps for CC. look how much good mapmakers left page in last time. they were frustrated with some things here, so maybe not everything works perfect here. but we (mapmakers) are also not perfect,so please could we be patient and placable. thanks.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: Rail S America [8.1.13] V8-P4 Complete Re-work

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 am

OK after a little hic-cup above....

Version 8.
1. this is now being produced entirely in PS5....no more Coreldraw...everything has been re-drawn completely from scratch (4 days work)

2. Overall colour scheme has been reveiwed and i beleive is now much more cohesive....certainly reflects the colours of S America, but less intense on the eyes also.

3. as well as the normal stations for each line, there is now an extra incentive on each of the stations...with hats!

Yes those with two or more station boxes (BSB and BUE yet to come on sorting out how much they are worth)
have hats on them. This is not 6 hats ex De Bono, but rather i always get images when thinking of S America about the unique hats that they wear across the continent.
So each has a bonus attached and this provides extra incentive for holding the station, which will add to the experience from Rail Asia where player would hold their station for their line and often not attack the adjoining station.

4. Photos have been stripped back....too much, less is more and this version proves it i believe.

5. As this is the last rail map, apart from Race to PS, I am considering putting this forward for Battle Royal consideration. There is certainly enough territories at 109, 5 each for 21 players = 105 + 4 neutrals. Supersize has been approved, thanks tnb80. :)

Click image to enlarge.
Private cairnswk

Re: Re: Rail S America [8.1.13] V8-P4 Complete Re-work

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:48 am

Just a quick thought while I take a coffee at work...graphically speaking it looks really great, I strongly suggest to use always PS if the above is the result you can achieve using it.
No time now to look at it in depth now but I have a quick suggestion about rail lines that maybe are worth a note for when you will reach the graphics stage. Some rail lines are very similar to the region color. I can distinguish them easily but , if i'm not wrong, someone had a similar issue when you did your africa map. I don't think they are not visible, but where the lines are short, it would be better to have more contrast with the land color, like the Belem Line. About belem line, JB BEL and B PMW could be done better (again just a note)
Finally I notice that you have a couple of short line that are a bit hidden behind the hats(?), like B FOR - BR REC for example.

Agree about have smaller and less pics about place, it's one of the thing I said to koontz to suggest to you, anyway we agree here so :P

Final Note, if you want to go BR, remember that , if approved, this map will be ONLY for battle royale. On that side it would make more sense to me to have this one as standard map and instead go with a World Rail Map (just an example) for battle royale...in that way you will have a series of rail maps and a final BR maps to complete the series....obviously these are just random thoughts.

The coffee break is taking too long...maybe it's time for me to go back to my RL work.
Again it looks very nice. =D>

Nobodies

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:19 pm

cairns, now that the size issue is sorted, here is your sticky. Stamp in 2 days as normal. With the new policy, I am going to ask everyone if they are happy to be stamped at first. Are you happy to get stamped?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:46 pm

koontz1973 wrote:cairns, now that the size issue is sorted, here is your sticky. Stamp in 2 days as normal. With the new policy, I am going to ask everyone if they are happy to be stamped at first. Are you happy to get stamped?

koontz...i'd prefer if you left this for a little while, and see what can be done about Seamus76's China map, it's a mystery why that hasn't been stamped yet. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:49 pm

cairnswk wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:cairns, now that the size issue is sorted, here is your sticky. Stamp in 2 days as normal. With the new policy, I am going to ask everyone if they are happy to be stamped at first. Are you happy to get stamped?

koontz...i'd prefer if you left this for a little while, and see what can be done about Seamus76's China map, it's a mystery why that hasn't been stamped yet. :)

Fine I will leave this here. As for Seamus map, it has not been stamped as I have not stamped it. Seamus is a big boy.
Lieutenant koontz1973

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas