Classic Cities Jakarta [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Classic Cities Jakarta [13/9] pg 1/21

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:23 pm

tnb80, when this does get put into play, can the full title of Classic City: Jakarta be used? I think cairns also wants to use it as well.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973

Medals: 117
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (10)

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:34 am

koontz1973 wrote:tnb80, when this does get put into play, can the full title of Classic City: Jakarta be used? I think cairns also wants to use it as well.

It should be able to. It isn't that long. But maybe call it "Classic Cities: Jakarta"?
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:14 am

isaiah40 wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:tnb80, when this does get put into play, can the full title of Classic City: Jakarta be used? I think cairns also wants to use it as well.

It should be able to. It isn't that long. But maybe call it "Classic Cities: Jakarta"?

We will discuss about this when the right moment comes. There's a thing that could be related to the same topic that I want to discuss with the whole community this week. Stay tuned! ;)
I do NOT visit this site and I'm NOT Team CC anymore.
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.
Thanks to those who helped me through the years. :)
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:24 am

Thanks guys, looking forward to all chats with you boss. ;)

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby thenobodies80 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 am

Beta - Quenching

---The Final Forge period has concluded for the Classic Cities: Jakarta Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Beta Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for BETA Play. After an extended period of time in BETA and once all quirks and issues have been resolved, the map will be put into Full Play (barring any Lack vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

While the map is in BETA Play, there are a couple of administrative tasks that are required of the mapmaker(s) in addition to the initial gameplay testing:
    1. Please ensure that the first post of the thread contains all the necessary information to help future visitors to the development thread; it's particularly important to ensure the most recent images are there, along with any helpful guides (such as gameplay quirks/nuances or the location/size of any starting neutrals etc.)
    2. It is the responsibility of the mapmaker(s) to ensure that they respond to further feedback in a timely and constructive manner.
    3. Write a "creative" map description and send it to the Foundry Foreman via PM. You're encouraged to post it into the first post of the thread as well; the description will be used to populate the maps database.

thenobodies80
All PMs are autobinned.
If you need to contact me, you should already have a way to do it without using this site.

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:20 am

Goes live?

Now. :D

Thanks boss.

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:25 am

The map is live! For now we decided to keep the long name like you asked.
When we have a clear idea of the possibility to add a dedicated tag, we will possibly change it.

Now, let's play ;)

Nobodies
All PMs are autobinned.

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:32 am

btw can you please write a description to add to the map database and send it to me via PM?

Thanks
Nobodies
All PMs are autobinned.

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:43 am

Done. Thanks.

Going to set up a few games in the normal games thread (If I can find it). Anyone can join.

Postby Seamus76 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks for the invite koontz, and congrats on another great addition!!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for this map before, but just looking at it I can't read the legend text very well at all. I can pretty much figure out the territory names, but maybe it's my monitor or something.

Looking forward to playing.
ImageImageImage
Lieutenant Seamus76

Medals: 108
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (31) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (5)

Postby Keefie on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:37 pm

I haven't been through the whole post, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

The second I saw this map I thought that something wasn't quite right. It's the image of Buddha; Indonesia is nearly 90% Muslim, 9% Christian and less than 1% Buddhist, so why oh why pick a picture of the Buddha to represent Jakarta ???????
Colonel Keefie
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:03 pm

Keefie wrote:I haven't been through the whole post, so apologies if this has already been discussed.

The second I saw this map I thought that something wasn't quite right. It's the image of Buddha; Indonesia is nearly 90% Muslim, 9% Christian and less than 1% Buddhist, so why oh why pick a picture of the Buddha to represent Jakarta ???????

You are right about the religions today. It was the arrival of the Western faiths (Muslim and Christianity) that changed the make up, before, it was the eastern philosophies that made up the dominant religions. Indonesia has many temples based around Hinduism and Buddhism scattered throughout.

Postby Keefie on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:45 pm

So this is a map of Jakarta before the Muslims and Christians arrived ?
Colonel Keefie
Clan Director
Clan Director

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (17) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Keefie wrote:So this is a map of Jakarta before the Muslims and Christians arrived ?

No, it is just a map of Jakarta. It is just a nice background for the map and players should not read anything else into it.

Postby Jippd on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:11 pm

I find the font impossible to read on the small map version and I have very good eyesight can you find a similar font style with better spacing between the letters? Or perhaps go a bit larger in size?
Colonel Jippd

Medals: 105
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (20) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:33 am

Jippd wrote:I find the font impossible to read on the small map version and I have very good eyesight can you find a similar font style with better spacing between the letters? Or perhaps go a bit larger in size?

I am finding a solution to this as we speak. Hoping to have it all solved today.

EDIT: Here is a small map only to upload. Should solve the small maps texts issues.

Click image to enlarge.

Re: Classic Cities Jakarta [15/11] pg 1/23

Postby Jippd on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:06 am

It looks a lot better Timur on the minimap is still somewhat difficult to make out though. the m and the u seem to merge into one blob
Colonel Jippd

Medals: 105
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (15)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (20) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:35 am

I left the mini map text alone. It is not really needed to aid gameplay unlike the territ names. Also, the three lowest ones, when the text is enlarged like the others, it becomes to big for the mini map.

Postby ManBungalow on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Is it bad that the rivers on this map make me think of cholera?

More specifically vibrio cholerae.

Otherwise, I'm in a game on the map and it seems good.
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:56 pm

That is what they were modeled after.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 pm

And the jokers come out to play. :roll:

Postby conquerhero on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:28 pm

I've read all the comments and there seem to be a lot of people who know about maps! Appreciate your work & their input. My input is very simple: Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world (population). The Hindu god picture really doesn't belong there. Thanks.
Lieutenant conquerhero

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (4)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1)

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:29 am

conquerhero wrote:I've read all the comments and there seem to be a lot of people who know about maps! Appreciate your work & their input. My input is very simple: Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world (population). The Hindu god picture really doesn't belong there. Thanks.

And as I explained previously, Jakarta / Indonesia was not always a Muslim country. I am not going to change the background based on religion or religious beliefs.

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:52 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
conquerhero wrote:I've read all the comments and there seem to be a lot of people who know about maps! Appreciate your work & their input. My input is very simple: Indonesia is the largest Muslim country in the world (population). The Hindu god picture really doesn't belong there. Thanks.

And as I explained previously, Jakarta / Indonesia was not always a Muslim country. I am not going to change the background based on religion or religious beliefs.

Additionally, this icon is actually in Jakarta, so it's not as if it's completely out of place.
Major nolefan5311

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (13) Challenge Achievement (1) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (13) General Contribution (4)

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:25 pm

koontz1973 wrote:And the jokers come out to play. :roll:

Come on now. This should of never made it to beta. Graphic still need crazy work!
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
Major Nola_Lifer

Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas