The Great Lakes -- [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Coleman on Thu May 24, 2007 4:45 pm

Forza AZ wrote:
DiM wrote:i hope widow acts as quick as you did cause i'm in a game where a noob with 800 points is about to get some extra troops because of widow's mistake.


Bonusses are fixed now I just saw in the updated XML.


That was my error, although I have no idea how I screwed it up so bad. I'm sorry everyone.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby DiM on Thu May 24, 2007 5:21 pm

Coleman wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:
DiM wrote:i hope widow acts as quick as you did cause i'm in a game where a noob with 800 points is about to get some extra troops because of widow's mistake.


Bonusses are fixed now I just saw in the updated XML.


That was my error, although I have no idea how I screwed it up so bad. I'm sorry everyone.


if i lose that game i want you to give back my points :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Coleman on Thu May 24, 2007 5:54 pm

DiM wrote:
Coleman wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:
DiM wrote:i hope widow acts as quick as you did cause i'm in a game where a noob with 800 points is about to get some extra troops because of widow's mistake.


Bonusses are fixed now I just saw in the updated XML.


That was my error, although I have no idea how I screwed it up so bad. I'm sorry everyone.


if i lose that game i want you to give back my points :lol:

Okay, make a game and I'll throw the match, lol. You need to prove you lost though.

EDIT: Aww crap, I'm going to get us in trouble again.

On Topic: How are people liking the map?
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby pancakemix on Thu May 24, 2007 8:06 pm

Nevermind.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
User avatar
Sergeant pancakemix
 
Posts: 7894
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:39 pm
Location: Heading for the light
Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)
General Achievement (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Snowman on Fri May 25, 2007 2:36 am

Coleman wrote:
DiM wrote:
Coleman wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:
DiM wrote:i hope widow acts as quick as you did cause i'm in a game where a noob with 800 points is about to get some extra troops because of widow's mistake.


Bonusses are fixed now I just saw in the updated XML.


That was my error, although I have no idea how I screwed it up so bad. I'm sorry everyone.


if i lose that game i want you to give back my points :lol:

Okay, make a game and I'll throw the match, lol. You need to prove you lost though.

EDIT: Aww crap, I'm going to get us in trouble again.

On Topic: How are people liking the map?


Just had to post to congratulate you on a fantastic map. Really like the look and the playability (especially now the bonuses are right).
User avatar
Private Snowman
 
Posts: 78
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:32 am
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby WidowMakers on Fri May 25, 2007 5:01 am

Snowman wrote:Just had to post to congratulate you on a fantastic map. Really like the look and the playability (especially now the bonuses are right).
Thanks. I hope everyone can enjoy it.
Image
Colonel WidowMakers
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Postby steve monkey on Tue May 29, 2007 9:24 am

It's unclear what is meant by an adjacent lake. Take game 467801 as an example. Dlakavi is all set to win the game and deploys on Lake Superior to attack through Lake Michigan, yet is unable to do so. The two lakes are clearly adjacent to one another yet they are unconnected.
Is this a bug or are the two lakes not considered 'adjacent'?

Aside from this, I really like the map. :)
Image

May the dice gods shine favourably upon you.
User avatar
Major steve monkey
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 5:25 pm
Location: London
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby DiM on Tue May 29, 2007 9:31 am

steve monkey wrote:It's unclear what is meant by an adjacent lake. Take game 467801 as an example. Dlakavi is all set to win the game and deploys on Lake Superior to attack through Lake Michigan, yet is unable to do so. The two lakes are clearly adjacent to one another yet they are unconnected.
Is this a bug or are the two lakes not considered 'adjacent'?

Aside from this, I really like the map. :)


i don't see them as adjacent. there's no connection between them :shock:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby steve monkey on Tue May 29, 2007 9:40 am

now I see what you mean. But if you're unfamiliar with north america it's not clear from the map that the other lakes are connected to one another.
Image

May the dice gods shine favourably upon you.
User avatar
Major steve monkey
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sat May 13, 2006 5:25 pm
Location: London
Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Ninja-Town on Wed May 30, 2007 2:41 pm

Sorry guys if this has been answered before, but why did you decide on the Union Jack Flag on Canada? Some players where wondering the reasoning for it.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Ninja-Town
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:33 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Guiscard on Wed May 30, 2007 2:45 pm

Ninja-Town wrote:Sorry guys if this has been answered before, but why did you decide on the Union Jack Flag on Canada? Some players where wondering the reasoning for it.


It's only on Ontario, and it is their state(province?) flag:

Image
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
User avatar
Private 1st Class Guiscard
 
Posts: 4103
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:27 pm
Location: In the bar... With my head on the bar
Medals: 1
Map Contribution (1)

Postby Ninja-Town on Wed May 30, 2007 3:36 pm

Thank you Guiscard. Let me know if you are up for any games.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Ninja-Town
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:33 pm
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Dlakavi on Thu May 31, 2007 1:08 pm

DiM wrote:
steve monkey wrote:It's unclear what is meant by an adjacent lake. Take game 467801 as an example. Dlakavi is all set to win the game and deploys on Lake Superior to attack through Lake Michigan, yet is unable to do so. The two lakes are clearly adjacent to one another yet they are unconnected.
Is this a bug or are the two lakes not considered 'adjacent'?

Aside from this, I really like the map. :)


i don't see them as adjacent. there's no connection between them :shock:


I am not a native english speaker but i thought adjacent meant "when 2 things are next to each other"

The proper word fot the map should be "connected"
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant Dlakavi
 
Posts: 238
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:45 am
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby WidowMakers on Thu May 31, 2007 5:47 pm

Dlakavi wrote:
DiM wrote:
steve monkey wrote:It's unclear what is meant by an adjacent lake. Take game 467801 as an example. Dlakavi is all set to win the game and deploys on Lake Superior to attack through Lake Michigan, yet is unable to do so. The two lakes are clearly adjacent to one another yet they are unconnected.
Is this a bug or are the two lakes not considered 'adjacent'?

Aside from this, I really like the map. :)


i don't see them as adjacent. there's no connection between them :shock:


I am not a native english speaker but i thought adjacent meant "when 2 things are next to each other"

The proper word fot the map should be "connected"

They are adjacent. They touch.
EDIT: 2007-10-20
They are adjacent? They touch? Sarcasm


Synonyms abutting, adjoining, bordering, contiguous, flanking, fringing, joining, juxtaposed, skirting, touching, verging.

I still don't see why anyone would think lake michigan could attack lake superior. There is a piece of land in between them.

The wording was discussed in the forum before the map was quenched. Sorry that there was a problem I have not heard of any other players having issues with this.
Last edited by WidowMakers on Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Colonel WidowMakers
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Postby iancanton on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:22 am

WidowMakers wrote:They are adjacent. They touch.


i'm looking at the great lakes map right now and i can't see any place where lake superior touches lake michigan. st ignace is in between. how can the lakes be adjacent? am i missing something?

ian. :)
User avatar
Brigadier iancanton
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:40 am
Location: europe
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) General Contribution (13)

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:31 pm

iancanton wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:They are adjacent. They touch.


i'm looking at the great lakes map right now and i can't see any place where lake superior touches lake michigan. st ignace is in between. how can the lakes be adjacent? am i missing something?

ian. :)
I wrote that OVER 5 MONTHS AGO. I was trying to be sarcastic and should have put "?" after each sentence.

Plus read the rest of the post. I clearly say there is a piece of land in between.

Oh and Stop bumping dead threads. :evil:
Image
Colonel WidowMakers
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Postby iancanton on Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:47 pm

sorry, i found this using a search and didn't look at the dates!

ian. :)
User avatar
Brigadier iancanton
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 1718
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:40 am
Location: europe
Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (7) General Contribution (13)

Postby DiM on Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:41 pm

bump :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Goalie on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:46 pm

this map stinks
cuz i lost on it
Cook Goalie
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:55 pm

Postby Gilligan on Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:00 pm

You're an idiot.
Last edited by Gilligan on Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12733
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 202
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3)
Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3)
Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (32)

Postby Night Strike on Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:09 pm

Similar to my request on AoM, can this XML be reduced?? By what I gathered from that thread, continents can't be included as components. But can territories??? If so, that would reduce this XML as well.

(By the way, I'm looking at creating a map with a friend, and I would be the one doing the XML, which is why I've been trying to pick up on things.)
Image
User avatar
Captain Night Strike
Tournament Director
Tournament Director
 
Posts: 8646
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:52 pm
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (18)

Re: The Great Lakes -- [Quenched]

Postby #1Buckeye on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 pm

This and World 2.1 are my favorite 2 maps
User avatar
Lieutenant #1Buckeye
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 pm
Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: The Great Lakes -- [Quenched]

Postby WidowMakers on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:02 am

#1Buckeye wrote:This and World 2.1 are my favorite 2 maps
I am glad you like it.
Image
Image
Colonel WidowMakers
 
Posts: 2781
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:25 am
Location: Detroit, MI
Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Map Contribution (21) General Contribution (14)

Re: The Great Lakes -- [Quenched]

Postby e_i_pi on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:49 am

/agree

This map is a beauty. Everything about it is exemplary of what CC maps should be. Bonuses are perfect, gameplay is perfect, there is excellent scope for moving around, and the graphics are outstanding. Well done WM and Coleman
User avatar
Captain e_i_pi
 
Posts: 1773
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:19 pm
Location: Corruption Capital of the world
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (2)

Re: The Great Lakes -- [Quenched]

Postby Grifter on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:18 pm

I think I encountered a bug in this map while playing a doubles game. 'This is Game 5586032 round 4. I wanted to reinforce from Ottawa to Lake Erie. I held Ottawa and Cleveland. My partner held Toronto, Windsor, Buffalo, Erie, and Lake Erie. This creates a path. The map would let me reinforce to Toronto only. Is there another reason for this?
User avatar
Lieutenant Grifter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:49 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Login