Eurasia [Map Pack]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby natty dread on Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:41 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I'd probably play this "Lite Version" more than the big version. Ha.


Well, that's your choice, and that's the good thing about CC, everyone can choose what maps they want to play. I bet there will also be people who won't touch this one with a shitty stick while they'll love the main Eurasia map.

However, just to make things clear: This map is totally dependent of the larger one and will not be made without it. Without the context provided by the "real" Eurasia map, there's no point in making this one.

DJ Teflon wrote:Whatever happened to the new, big Asia map?


I've never made such a map, so that is probably a subject for some other thread.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby Nola_Lifer on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:39 pm

natty_dread wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:I'd probably play this "Lite Version" more than the big version. Ha.


Well, that's your choice, and that's the good thing about CC, everyone can choose what maps they want to play. I bet there will also be people who won't touch this one with a shitty stick while they'll love the main Eurasia map.

However, just to make things clear: This map is totally dependent of the larger one and will not be made without it. Without the context provided by the "real" Eurasia map, there's no point in making this one.

DJ Teflon wrote:Whatever happened to the new, big Asia map?


I've never made such a map, so that is probably a subject for some other thread.


Can you be more of an ass? :-s
Image
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby natty dread on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:Can you be more of an ass? :-s


Can you take your attempts at antagonization to some other thread? It's not appreciated here. Thank you.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby Nola_Lifer on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:40 am

natty_dread wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:Can you be more of an ass? :-s


Can you take your attempts at antagonization to some other thread? It's not appreciated here. Thank you.


I am not trying to make enemies here. I would of called you pretentious but that would assume you have no talent, however, you do. One poster said he'd play this map more than your other map. Completely valid comment but you slapped it away like a fly with your response. Therefore, I called you an ass. To stay on topic, good looking map.
Image
f*ck THE UNION LOUISIANA WILL RISE AGAIN
User avatar
Major Nola_Lifer
 
Posts: 806
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:46 pm
Location: 雪山
Medals: 61
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (2)
General Contribution (1)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby natty dread on Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:44 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:One poster said he'd play this map more than your other map.


And I basically told him that's fine if that's what they want to do. I frankly don't see why you have a problem with that. However, if you do, you can be civil and make a coherent argument, instead of coming in and calling people names - that's not a good way to make your point in any circumstance, and we don't appreciate that kind of behaviour here.

Nola_Lifer wrote:To stay on topic, good looking map.


Thanks.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby Red Army! on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:47 pm

Ohhhhh!

This one is nice...But I loved the gigant one!!!! :(
User avatar
Lieutenant Red Army!
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 am
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (16)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby natty dread on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Red Army! wrote:Ohhhhh!

This one is nice...But I loved the gigant one!!!! :(


Thanks.

You just proved my point :P
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby Nesoi on Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:55 pm

The graphics are lovely and the colours have a good balance with the texture of the map. However, the colours are overly saturated.

A couple of minor issues.


Image

The 'E' of 'East India' is overlapping a regional line and is affecting legibility.

One other issue is the lack of impassable boundries. With some regions (West Siberia, Kazakhstan, West China) bordering THREE separate bonus regions, and a fair few regions bordering two bonus regions, it will be quite difficult for anyone to hold a bonus down. I do understand, however, that this is still in early development.


Nesoi
User avatar
Private 1st Class Nesoi
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:25 am

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby natty dread on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Thanks for the feedback Nesoi! Good to see new faces in the foundry.

Nesoi wrote:The graphics are lovely and the colours have a good balance with the texture of the map. However, the colours are overly saturated.


I have to ask, what makes you reach that conclusion? I don't really understand... Overly saturated, compared to what?

Nesoi wrote:The 'E' of 'East India' is overlapping a regional line and is affecting legibility.


Ok. This grave injustice shall be fixed! ;)

Nesoi wrote:One other issue is the lack of impassable boundries.


I've been thinking about it, and currently I feel like I'm not going to be adding any impassables on this map. It's too small for impassables to make any sense, gameplay-wise or thematically. The openness is actually a positive thing for a map of this size, a more closed gameplay structure would make the game too dependent on the drop.

However, if the openness bothers you, you might enjoy the non-mini version more, which is in the main foundry, here: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=159163
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby lostatlimbo on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:10 am

I can dig it. This is a good 1v1 version.
User avatar
Lieutenant lostatlimbo
 
Posts: 1380
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:56 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (8)

Re: Eurasia - Mini edition!

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:31 am

Ok, small graphical update.

Click image to enlarge.
image
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Eurasia Mini [2.2.12] p2

Postby isaiah40 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:40 am

Where Near East, Mediterranean and Southeast Europe meet, I think that you can extend Near East further so that the western border of Southeast Europe and Near East match up because on the small I believe that it will be difficult to tell where the borders are.
ImageImage
show: High Score
User avatar
Lieutenant isaiah40
 
Posts: 3957
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:14 pm
Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Re: Eurasia Mini [2.2.12] p2

Postby natty dread on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:50 am

Yeah, and there are a couple of other places that could use some clarification. I'll do those next.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread
 
Posts: 13258
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:58 pm
Location: fucked off
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (12) Map Contribution (12) General Contribution (7)

Re: Eurasia Mini [2.2.12] p2

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:49 pm

I'm excited that this map could be a reality. Ha. :D


--Andy
User avatar
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator
 
Posts: 25044
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: A Banana Palm in Zihuatanejo
Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Eurasia Mini [2.2.12] p2

Postby Bleed_Green on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm

This is the first map that I have ever commented on. I like the small game play and having the small bonuses having 3 to 4 attack points.. it will give a different strategy to the game vs something some other maps bonuses only have a single choke point to defend
Image

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach him to phish and he'll charge your credit card for lunch forever. ;)
User avatar
Captain Bleed_Green
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:37 am
Medals: 37
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: esbiete and 2 guests

Login