Conquer Club

Labyrinth [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Labyrinth [Quenched]

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:22 am

Faro wrote:I have a quick question regarding this map (really nice one btw).
It's my first team/polymorphic game and I am unsure on how to manage Prometheus: does the player attacking true the ring of fire needs to be the same as the one holding Prometheus?

Never-mind I found it by looking at the thread. Can the mapmaker make a note of it on the first page of this thread, I am pretty sure some other people will have the same question.

Thank you

It is noted on the map. :?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Faro on Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:12 am

Yes I know it's on the map. What I meant is that it was (at least for me) unclear when he come to team game if a member can hold Prometheus while another one attack true the ring of fire.

For me it make sense that only the player that hold it can attack but I was not sure. I went to the thread to check and did not find that information on the first post, therefore I asked,

Does it make sense what I ask or it is just me who has a small brain today :)
Major Faro

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 am

Faro wrote:Yes I know it's on the map. What I meant is that it was (at least for me) unclear when he come to team game if a member can hold Prometheus while another one attack true the ring of fire.

For me it make sense that only the player that hold it can attack but I was not sure. I went to the thread to check and did not find that information on the first post, therefore I asked,

Does it make sense what I ask or it is just me who has a small brain today :)

Small brain, only your mother can say. :P

I will add to the OP this week a set of rules for everyone.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Gilligan on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:13 am

It's a general rule that polymorphic games work like team games - you can't mutually hold a bonus, you can't mix up conditional borders, can't reinforce through members, etc etc
Captain Gilligan

Postby Faro on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 am

Conditional border are pretty new, it make sense that the same player needs to have it, but in case of doubt it's nice to be able to read it somewhere ;)

BTW great job by the foundry community lately, loving those new maps
Major Faro

Postby Blakkrose on Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:46 am

koontz1973 wrote:
Blakkrose wrote:Hello,
i'm playng this game: Game 13157636

For the first time, after several games played, I attached a Siren with a good number of troops and I realized that once taken can no longer use those troops that have entered the territory.
I can not even transfer at the end of turn.
For me this is a bug!

Not a bug, they work as intended. They give a big bonus for one region so you need to defend them. With how many you defend them with is up to you.

I understand but the fact remains that the Sirens are blind territories, traps! I can not get out.
Is this right? is allowed in the creation of maps?
Private Blakkrose

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:01 am

Blakkrose wrote:I understand but the fact remains that the Sirens are blind territories, traps! I can not get out.
Is this right? is allowed in the creation of maps?

Yes it is right, yes you can do it on maps. In fact the sirens are not the first map to have them. San Francisco map has Alcatraz which is also one.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby codierose on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:41 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Blakkrose wrote:Hello,
i'm playng this game: Game 13157636

For the first time, after several games played, I attached a Siren with a good number of troops and I realized that once taken can no longer use those troops that have entered the territory.
I can not even transfer at the end of turn.
For me this is a bug!

Not a bug, they work as intended. They give a big bonus for one region so you need to defend them. With how many you defend them with is up to you.

but does it explain anywhere once siren taken you are stuck
your example of san fran clearly shows arrows what does this map have.
also sirens dont look nothing like the pic in the legend not very clear at all should be the same or nothing at all very confusing. Same for the pic for the sirens call is alluring what does that pic represent ? again very confusing people are going to get caught out all the time not fair for new players.
Also whilst I'm bitching text hard to read especially on small map and whilst using a phone.
apart from this great map :D =D>
Major codierose

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:52 pm

D5 is incorrectly marked as D4 in the XML
Captain Gilligan

Postby Gilligan on Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Forgot to post this, but i fixed it.
Attachments
Labyrinth.xml
(49.95 KiB) Downloaded 1032 times
Captain Gilligan

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Gilligan wrote:Forgot to post this, but i fixed it.

Uploaded for testing. Please try it even if it's just a name change. I'll send it for live upload in 24 hours.
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby SiriusCowKing on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm

Every image in first post are missing. Could you repost the images so we can see the neutrals? This is very useful for fogged games.
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.
Captain SiriusCowKing

Postby agentcom on Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:38 pm

SiriusCowKing wrote:Every image in first post are missing. Could you repost the images so we can see the neutrals? This is very useful for fogged games.

I hope they have been saved somewhere or can be reproduced. That's the problem with relying on external image hosting, particularly for the Foundry.
Colonel agentcom

Postby karolus on Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:12 pm

hello, in a teams game, it is enough that one of the team members take control of Prometeus so the slave entrance can be attacked by any team member? or it is exclusive, i.e. only the player controlling Promoteus can do that?
Sergeant karolus

Postby iancanton on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:54 pm

agentcom wrote:
SiriusCowKing wrote:Every image in first post are missing. Could you repost the images so we can see the neutrals? This is very useful for fogged games.

I hope they have been saved somewhere or can be reproduced. That's the problem with relying on external image hosting, particularly for the Foundry.

karolus wrote:hello, in a teams game, it is enough that one of the team members take control of Prometeus so the slave entrance can be attacked by any team member? or it is exclusive, i.e. only the player controlling Promoteus can do that?

only the player controlling prometheus can attack a slave entrance.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby danalan on Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:08 am

I've played (am playing) this map in Trench, with Zombie Spoils. This creates a real problem with the gameplay, because a player can do everything correctly, and still be wiped out by a card that matches his start entrance. It's disheartening, to say the least.
Game 22058318
I can think of two solutions - Allow players to attack entrances that are neutral through the Ring of Fire; or
Disable cards for entrances. Either one would solve the problem of Trench + Zombie, but I think to maintain the Prometheus goal that disabling cards for entrances makes the most sense.

Thank, love the map on every other mode I've played.
http://flippingout.tumblr.com http://bitterrootbrakes.blogspot.com Best Score: 2564, Colonel. Ranked #223
Wondering about my Avatar? It's a Bullet Ant.
Cadet danalan

Previous

Return to The Atlas