Egypt: Valley Of The Kings [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:49 pm

qwert wrote:Now these bonuses more normal for me.
Kewl Qwert...thanks for your comment :)
Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

V48

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:55 pm

Private cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:49 am

Cairns - this is looking sweet...

I can't suggest anything more - other than...

1) Small Map
2) XML

And the preview images of them with army numbers 88 in.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:15 am

yeti_c wrote:Cairns - this is looking sweet...

I can't suggest anything more - other than...

1) Small Map
2) XML

And the preview images of them with army numbers 88 in.

C.

Ah Yeti....i just woke up after a lovely Sunday arvo snooze :D
Thanks for that call...it is coming...HighC540 made contact with me this morning and he is almost finished the XML, so later this week I will present the large version, and then the armies etc.
Some weeks to go yet, as i can figure there is usually 4 weeks between quenching. :wink:
Private cairnswk

V49 Small and Large

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:18 am

Small

Large
Private cairnswk

Postby yeti_c on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:33 am

Loving it Cairns...

Big map is very crisp.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

V49 Army test updates

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:31 am

Small army test

Large Army Test

XML link
Download _valley_of_the_kings.xml
Private cairnswk

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:42 am

Sorry if I have overlook this discussion (I didn't read the complete thread), but isn't the extra bonus for Afterlife a bit big with 2. You only have to take 1 extra territory without having an extra border.

Same for Eternal Life, but then you have to take a territory that other players also need to have an extra bonus. So maybe you should reverse the bonusses: 1 for Afterlife and 2 for Eternal Life (?)
Colonel Forza AZ

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (2)

Postby Lone.prophet on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:50 am

i dunno about other people only i serious dislike the robber e1 or robber d1 names its really annoying in the namelist if you play games like chinese chekers i suggest maybe give some nice names.

dunno about other people's thought though
Captain Lone.prophet

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Map Contribution (1)

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:55 am

Forza AZ wrote:Sorry if I have overlook this discussion (I didn't read the complete thread), but isn't the extra bonus for Afterlife a bit big with 2. You only have to take 1 extra territory without having an extra border.

Same for Eternal Life, but then you have to take a territory that other players also need to have an extra bonus. So maybe you should reverse the bonusses: 1 for Afterlife and 2 for Eternal Life (?)

Forza AZ...there has been discussion and explanation about why this is the way it is....can i please ask that you go back several pages in the thread and read what has already been posted. Thanks :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:00 am

Lone.prophet wrote:i dunno about other people only i serious dislike the robber e1 or robber d1 names its really annoying in the namelist if you play games like chinese chekers i suggest maybe give some nice names.

dunno about other people's thought though

Thanks Lone.Prophet for your comments.
Do you have suggestions as to what to call them that would be nice that includes the term ROBBER, as this is part of this map concept?

Also, if you find E1 or E2 annoying in Chinese Checkers, please get used to it, as there is the Battle of Actium coming that uses Ca for tert names and you will find that really annoying.

Sorry. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 pm

instead of robbers you could use names of famous pyramid explorers :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby Forza AZ on Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:32 pm

cairnswk wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:Sorry if I have overlook this discussion (I didn't read the complete thread), but isn't the extra bonus for Afterlife a bit big with 2. You only have to take 1 extra territory without having an extra border.

Forza AZ...there has been discussion and explanation about why this is the way it is....can i please ask that you go back several pages in the thread and read what has already been posted. Thanks :)

OK, sorry for that. I already thought it must have been discussed before.

Very nice map by the way.
Colonel Forza AZ

Medals: 80
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (13) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:29 am

DiM wrote:instead of robbers you could use names of famous pyramid explorers :roll:

DiM...i was actually thinking of robber like characters in The Mummy i.e. Thief Beni played by Kevin J O'Connor.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:31 am

Forza AZ wrote:OK, sorry for that. I already thought it must have been discussed before.

Very nice map by the way.

Thanks for the kudos....and your post of course Forza AZ.
Private cairnswk

Postby DiM on Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:52 am

cairnswk wrote:
DiM wrote:instead of robbers you could use names of famous pyramid explorers :roll:

DiM...i was actually thinking of robber like characters in The Mummy i.e. Thief Beni played by Kevin J O'Connor.

i don't know. i never watched the mummy and if i see thief beni as a terit name i'll just think it's a random name. hoever famous explorers might sound more familiar.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)

V50 Update

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:14 am

DiM wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

i don't know. i never watched the mummy and if i see thief beni as a terit name i'll just think it's a random name. hoever famous explorers might sound more familiar.

DiM...made some updates to the Robbers names and replaced them with
the names of Explorers of these tombs.

Small Map V50

Large V50

XML....this new file has the new robber tert replacement names of explorers in it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cw407w
Last edited by cairnswk on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Private cairnswk

Re: V50 Update

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:23 am

cairnswk wrote:
DiM wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

DiM...made some updates to the Robbers names and replaced them with
the names of Explorers of these tombs.

sweet. =D> \:D/
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:42 am

I like these new names much better - great work Cairns.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:57 am

Thanks DiM and yeti_c.
I must say after a week the new names have grown on me.
Private cairnswk

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:21 pm

The names are a great idea! Glad to see it replaced the old Robber lettering system. Definitely coming along nicely. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:56 pm

Any further comments?
Private cairnswk

Postby KEYOGI on Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:11 pm

I think the territory label placement in a few areas could use some work, the Ramesses VI and Horemheb area in particular. There's the potential for some unnecessary confusion with how it is at the moment. Maiherpri could also be moved over to the right a bit, so it sits over the territory.

The map looks very nice visually though. Perhaps we can see small and large versions with army numbers for the next update.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Medals: 3
Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby jasnostj on Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:09 am

why not using an actual map of the Valley of the Kings?
See http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/
Private jasnostj

Postby cairnswk on Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:20 am

jasnostj wrote:why not using an actual map of the Valley of the Kings?
See http://www.thebanmappingproject.com/

Hi jasnosttj...if you check back to P1, you'll see that this map stated out as the actual map, or a version thereof. However, the eveolvelment of the gameplay allowed me to decide to break the valley apart and into separate regions and this is the final design.
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas