Page 10 of 12

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm
by kizkiz
Game 12686417
I have Pannonia, Sarmatia, Raetia and Antipoda but not shown as +1 bonus due

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 pm
by koontz1973
Will do as soon as the new file is uploaded.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:03 am
by Pappje
http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=12674555

Hi guys - playing this in the Alphabeta 55 tourney - all of a sudden my opponent earned a +9 bonus, seemingly out of nowhere.....

Am asking tournament organiser if a restart is possible, I'm assuming this is a glitch as nothing on the key to suggest such a bonus is obtainable

Cheers

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:26 am
by isaiah40
Pappje wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=12674555

Hi guys - playing this in the Alphabeta 55 tourney - all of a sudden my opponent earned a +9 bonus, seemingly out of nowhere.....

Am asking tournament organiser if a restart is possible, I'm assuming this is a glitch as nothing on the key to suggest such a bonus is obtainable

Cheers

This is a foggy game, but the updated XML was probably uploaded finally so that could be the reason.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:45 am
by koontz1973
isaiah40 wrote:
Pappje wrote:http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=12674555

Hi guys - playing this in the Alphabeta 55 tourney - all of a sudden my opponent earned a +9 bonus, seemingly out of nowhere.....

Am asking tournament organiser if a restart is possible, I'm assuming this is a glitch as nothing on the key to suggest such a bonus is obtainable

Cheers

This is a foggy game, but the updated XML was probably uploaded finally so that could be the reason.

There is also a couple of spots on the map, where if you have the surrounding regions, a single region can give you that sort of bump in bonuses.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:18 pm
by Pappje
Ok, cheers guys. (know it's foggy, thought as well to post game link anyway).

I get it now, wonder if it could be laid out in the key that you can get multiple connection bonuses at the same time rather than just a 1-off per region. I didn't have that in mind or would have adopted different tactics in the game.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:36 pm
by koontz1973
Pappje wrote:Ok, cheers guys. (know it's foggy, thought as well to post game link anyway).

I get it now, wonder if it could be laid out in the key that you can get multiple connection bonuses at the same time rather than just a 1-off per region. I didn't have that in mind or would have adopted different tactics in the game.

Think of it as a lesson learned. As with all new things, styles of play will need to be adopted. As for showing the multiple areas, all are like that. If you can string 4 in a row, it is +1, 5 in a row is +2. But some areas with the singles going of to the side can give you lots of +4s for just one region.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 8:45 pm
by EagleofGreenErth
Just would like to say that the text in the legends is complete garbage.... way too much effort to try to read it.... big deterrent

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:03 pm
by Dukasaur
After two disastrous losses I have to admit that I don't understand whatsoever.

So the only way to win is to go after the southern continents?

I held the purple continent in the northeast, but got no bonus whatsoever. It has four territories, but I didn't get anything. After I conquered a couple terts of the pink continent in the east (the next one after the purple continent) I was finally given a +1 bonus, but the guys on the southern continents are getting +80 gazillion so I am insignificant.

So I don't really understand why holding all four terts in the purple continent gave me no bonus. Is it not for connecting four terts in the same colour group? But then when I added a pink tert, I got a +1? I just don't get it.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:53 am
by koontz1973
Dukasaur wrote:After two disastrous losses I have to admit that I don't understand whatsoever.

So the only way to win is to go after the southern continents?

I held the purple continent in the northeast, but got no bonus whatsoever. It has four territories, but I didn't get anything. After I conquered a couple terts of the pink continent in the east (the next one after the purple continent) I was finally given a +1 bonus, but the guys on the southern continents are getting +80 gazillion so I am insignificant.

So I don't really understand why holding all four terts in the purple continent gave me no bonus. Is it not for connecting four terts in the same colour group? But then when I added a pink tert, I got a +1? I just don't get it.

Duke, which map as both have the same colouring?

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:41 pm
by Dukasaur
koontz1973 wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:After two disastrous losses I have to admit that I don't understand whatsoever.

So the only way to win is to go after the southern continents?

I held the purple continent in the northeast, but got no bonus whatsoever. It has four territories, but I didn't get anything. After I conquered a couple terts of the pink continent in the east (the next one after the purple continent) I was finally given a +1 bonus, but the guys on the southern continents are getting +80 gazillion so I am insignificant.

So I don't really understand why holding all four terts in the purple continent gave me no bonus. Is it not for connecting four terts in the same colour group? But then when I added a pink tert, I got a +1? I just don't get it.

Duke, which map as both have the same colouring?

Vertex.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:23 am
by koontz1973
Dukasaur wrote:Vertex.

So I am assiming the pink region you had included these 4.
Cephissus
Hypanis
Gerros
Clanis
They are in the xml as a bonus.

As for going for the southern continents, I very much doubt that is a great strategy. Apart from the red on the right and the top blue regions, all have hot spots. Regions that can yield lots of bonuses at once. Look at Cauda on the left. By holding this one region you can open or close 6 bonuses at once. Those are the ones you need to look out for and identify. Once you control those, even one can give you a good chance of winning.

Remember, all bonuses are called Connexio IV and with about 50 different bonuses on Vertex, Bob might be confused or you may need to scroll down.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:49 pm
by Vlademir
Vertex - apparent bonus error
12833265 - still in progress w/ fog
But with green holding: (all but Sarmatia & Norvegia) Pannonia, Raetia, Livonia, Leros, Antipoda, Borras Suecia, & Auster Suecia
He's getting +7 - at best that should be +6.
Plus, this method of bonus gives an undue advantage to a team that is aware of this potential bonanza (so readers beware).
And because of this geographic setup, it would be, imo, to have an entry point from the islands to Livonia or Leros

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 pm
by koontz1973
Vlademir wrote:Vertex - apparent bonus error
12833265 - still in progress w/ fog
But with green holding: (all but Sarmatia & Norvegia) Pannonia, Raetia, Livonia, Leros, Antipoda, Borras Suecia, & Auster Suecia
He's getting +7 - at best that should be +6.
Plus, this method of bonus gives an undue advantage to a team that is aware of this potential bonanza (so readers beware).
And because of this geographic setup, it would be, imo, to have an entry point from the islands to Livonia or Leros

His bonuses are correct.
This method of bonuses may be different but there are multiple points on the map like this. Which one you go for or try to block is up to you.
I undertand the point about the islands attack but it then means the island bonus will become impossable to hold. As you say, grabbing that bonus in the south can reap big rewards and allowing in another escape is bad. It might make the bonus a little harder to grab in sunny games, but all it will do is stop the island bonus ever coming into play and allow that player and easier route to the Vertex winning condition.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:33 am
by nolefan5311
There is an error in the XML:

Code: Select all
<continent>
     <name>Connexio IV</name>
     <bonus>1</bonus>
     <components>
                 <territory>Pannonia</territory>
                 <territory>Raetia</territory>
                 <territory>Antipoda</territory>
                 <territory>Borras Suecia</territory>
      </components>
</continent>
<continent>
<name>Connexio IV</name>
<bonus>1</bonus>
<components>
<territory>Sarmatia</territory>
<territory>Pannonia</territory>
<territory>Raetia</territory>
<territory>Antipoda</territory>
</components>
</continent>
<continent>
     <name>Connexio IV</name>
     <bonus>1</bonus>
     <components>
               <territory>Borras Suecia</territory>
               <territory>Pannonia</territory>
               <territory>Raetia</territory>
               <territory>Antipoda</territory>
     </components>
</continent>


The two continents listed above are listed twice in the XML, and are awarding a +2 for the same chain of 4 territories. It looks like this is the same issue that Vladimir complained about above. I just came to this realization in another game as well.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:21 am
by koontz1973
Thanks nole for that. I was wondering as I did not spot the mistake. Will get this rectified ASAP.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:21 pm
by nolefan5311
There is also a duplicate in Austrum...

Code: Select all
<continent>
<name>Connexio IV</name>
<bonus>1</bonus>
<components>
          <territory>Icaria</territory>
          <territory>Melite</territory>
          <territory>Thasos</territory>
          <territory>Sarnia</territory>
</components>
</continent>

<continent>
<name>Connexio IV</name>
<bonus>1</bonus>
<components>
<territory>Icaria</territory>\
<territory>Thasos</territory>
<territory>Sarnia</territory>
<territory>Andros</territory>
</components>
</continent>
<continent>
<name>Connexio IV</name>
<bonus>1</bonus>
<components>
<territory>Melite</territory>
<territory>Icaria</territory>
<territory>Sarnia</territory>
<territory>Andros</territory>
</components>
</continent>

<continent>
<name>Connexio IV</name>
<bonus>1</bonus>
<components>
        <territory>Melite</territory>
        <territory>Thasos</territory>
        <territory>Sarnia</territory>
         <territory>Icaria</territory>
</components>
</continent>

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:59 pm
by koontz1973
Thanks nole for that. Here are the two new xml files.
Austrum 15 7 13.xml
(22.4 KiB) Downloaded 358 times

Vertex15 7 13.xml
(22.69 KiB) Downloaded 377 times

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:34 am
by koontz1973
[Updated]

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:36 pm
by rjhankey
I'm fairly sure I should be getting at least a +3 bonus ... I'm holding 3 sets of 4 consecutive regions in the middle continent on Austrum ... If I look at the bonus regions in Bob, some are covered on the middle continent, but not all of them, especially the ones I'm holding.

Click image to enlarge.
image


Thanks!

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:13 pm
by Gilligan
Big middle section doesn't count :)

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:53 pm
by rjhankey
Gilligan wrote:Big middle section doesn't count :)


Now that you mentioned that -- I went back and looked at Bob -- it does make sense now, there are actually three regions contained in middle continent. Holding 4 consecutive terits within each of the sub-regions will produce bonuses ... so HA, SU, or AS. Right now I'm holding terits in all 3 regions, but not 4 within one of them.

So, it looks like the middle continent is supposed to produce bonuses ... but only within its sub-regions.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:35 am
by koontz1973
rjhankey wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Big middle section doesn't count :)


Now that you mentioned that -- I went back and looked at Bob -- it does make sense now, there are actually three regions contained in middle continent. Holding 4 consecutive terits within each of the sub-regions will produce bonuses ... so HA, SU, or AS. Right now I'm holding terits in all 3 regions, but not 4 within one of them.

So, it looks like the middle continent is supposed to produce bonuses ... but only within its sub-regions.

Correct. All three have different names and shades to help out on this.

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:34 pm
by rjhankey
koontz1973 wrote:Correct. All three have different names and shades to help out on this.


Yeah ... I was just being a blind idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Vertex/Austrum [1/12] [24/3] Beta new xml file pg15

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:35 pm
by puppydog85
because you have nothing better to do than answer dumb questions by lazy people.....

Why not get rid of mona? Does is serve any purpose? It does not appear to be linked to a bonus and it really does not seem to help in gameplay.

Thanks!

P.S. Why not merge it with Ionia? then it can serve a gameplay purpose.