Conquer Club

WWII Pearl Harbor - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: WWII Pearl Harbor - [Quenched]

Postby MrBenn on Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:16 am

As cairns has already explained, the map was changed a while back and the bonuses balanced out a bit from the drop. However, there was massive outcry from the rest of CC that changes had been made (despite a number of announcements, and discussion in GD) and the CC community decided to revert to the original version.

If you want it changed, then you'll have to convince everybody who wanted it switched back - you can search through the announcements to see what people had to say about it; I cannot be bothered to search for all the links myself.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby DiM on Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:08 pm

MrBenn wrote:If you want it changed, then you'll have to convince everybody who wanted it switched back - you can search through the announcements to see what people had to say about it; I cannot be bothered to search for all the links myself.

nah, i'm good. if the community wanted an imbalanced map then they should have it, who am i to say otherwise.

there are at least 4 types of player on CC:
1. people that have no idea about strategy and adore screwed up maps and settings
2. farmers/abusers that want any map that's hard to understand for a nood, whether it's because of bad graphics that don't clearly show connections, poorly explained instructions or gimmicky gameplay
3. traditional strategists - the classic type of risk player
4. avantgarde strategists - the ones that want maps which involve non traditional strategies.

depending on which side your on this map is either great or crap.
for me, at least on certain settings (1v1/2v2/3p) it's all about lucky drop and regardless of strategy the initial drop decides the winner.
probably an 8p game with escalating cards would be a bit more balanced.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Silly Knig-it on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:13 pm

Game 12339654 Round 5

I cannot attack from Dewey to Phelps, even though it shows that I should be able to.
Lieutenant Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nolefan5311 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:26 pm

Silly Knig-it wrote:Game 12339654 Round 5

I cannot attack from Dewey to Phelps, even though it shows that I should be able to.

You are in a trench game. Could that be your problem?
Captain nolefan5311

Postby HardAttack on Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:04 am

current bonusing of such an amazing looking map is truely disaster.
just little touch wud made this amazing map to be great game play i believe.

i love graphics, the game play, the feeling and spirit of this map a lot but the bonusing gets me that everytime i play i end up i ll never going to play this map anymore...

well, give it a minute and think,
having 2 planes is nothing but very easy.

giving it +3 bonus for having 2 planes is not any good balance and many of us here are in agreement.

what about we set it as follows ?

+1 bonus for having 2 planes,
+2 bonus for having 3 planes
+3 bonus for having 4 planes ?

Also, having one AA gun means +1 bonus...I am not liking this as well.
Maybe lets make it as follows ?
Have
1 AA 0 bonus
2 AA +1 bonus
3 AA +2 bonus (might be +3 as well.)

in general

n bonus for n+1 planes...

this wud brought a real interesting and new dimension into the game play for such a cute map i strongly believe.

DIM brought up a point here but i disagree. Yes, keep it this way he says for those who like it this way of imbalanced fashion...But why ? Majority will not like it this way, and the logic is clear...Imbalance can not be defended it is why we call it im-balance...Not good, not optimum. Why do we, should we support something no good ?

I am ok, if nothing to be done and kept this way, i will be ok, but such a great map and it is why i am not playing to be due imbalanced bonusing, i am going to be sad, but i ll keep going playing no more P.H. and sadly.

If you means to bring the map under re-view i am gladly help and i will be giving every supportive idea...
Colonel HardAttack

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Tue May 26, 2015 12:36 am

FISAA isn't giving an autodeploy
https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=15669309

otherwise , map seems to be working fine
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed May 27, 2015 2:10 pm

t4mcr53s2 wrote:FISAA isn't giving an autodeploy
https://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=15669309

otherwise , map seems to be working fine

The AA guns don't give autodeploys, rather they give +1 bonuses.
Captain nolefan5311

Previous

Return to The Atlas