Conquer Club

Solar System ERROR FIX v1.0.2 (w/ PSD files) [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby mrjayfbennett on Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:35 pm

Marvaddin wrote:1st, my first impression was... "What a shit!"

My first impression was, "No, YOU'RE a shit!"

But then I thought better of it.

But yeah, it's a bit late in the game to hop in with this kind of criticism.
Lowest Rank Achieved: 12426
Sergeant 1st Class mrjayfbennett

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:21 am

lol, do you think I really care? Im a new Marv, lol, although some of you would need the old Marv again :)

Quench it if you want, it would just be one more surprise in the create a game page... But just think... I would really comment something to be offensive to someone I dont know, making a map I never heard about? Lets grow, children :P

Ps: Mainly the NOOB called jako :wink:
Major Marvaddin

Postby Wisse on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:38 am

Marvaddin wrote:lol, do you think I really care? Im a new Marv, lol, although some of you would need the old Marv again :)

Quench it if you want, it would just be one more surprise in the create a game page... But just think... I would really comment something to be offensive to someone I dont know, making a map I never heard about? Lets grow, children :P

Ps: Mainly the NOOB called jako :wink:

there is not so much different between you now, and you then, the only thing is you leave now more negative not crisism feedback for much maps...
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:48 am

lol, I think the other members of the foundry evolved too little, in fact. They still come with stones in their hands against my first post... and when I was trying to be constructive! (Although I admit this foundry needs a destructive guy, you are quenching anything nowadays.)

Wisse, I dont know if I understood you well... maybe I should ask lack to create a forum about me, so you could discuss it better.

Now, lets keep the quench party! Someone quench it please! :roll:
Major Marvaddin

Postby Wisse on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:55 am

Marvaddin wrote:lol, I think the other members of the foundry evolved too little, in fact. They still come with stones in their hands against my first post... and when I was trying to be constructive! (Although I admit this foundry needs a destructive guy, you are quenching anything nowadays.)

Wisse, I dont know if I understood you well... maybe I should ask lack to create a forum about me, so you could discuss it better.

Now, lets keep the quench party! Someone quench it please! :roll:

you sayed a new marv and an old marv... read what you sayed yourself...
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:13 am

Yes, man. If I was the old Marv, I would have disqualified this idea completely, and possibly it wouldnt have reached the Final Forge, if it were in initial steps. I was a destructive guy.

Now Im returning to the foundry after some months away (and I could say, the quality of the maps looks worse), and Im trying to be constructive, but some people are receiving me too bad.

Strangely, Im trying to start games on the new maps with my clan mates, and no one is joining the games, they say they hate the new maps. So Im trying to get my old position here, to HELP the foundry, and looks like Im not welcome. I could simply give up, but should I? Were my comments offensive? Can a guy with less than 3-4 months of CC say Im being offensive? Do he know Im one of the oldest foundry veterans? Is this negative feedback? Bah! :evil:

EDIT: sorry for not keeping the discussion up. In fact I think I didnt found a discussion in this thread, once the map is ready.
Major Marvaddin

Postby Wisse on Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:10 am

well i don't know why you left here, i do know i am here nearly a year and i do know you. there has been changed a lot since then you know, and you were then offensive and now also, if i were you i should just say what can be changed to a map, instead of saying its bad.
also if you like to critism maps, try my map, i don't think you find much but all things are helpfull
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:27 am

Wisse wrote:if i were you i should just say what can be changed to a map, instead of saying its bad.

I did it and it was considered offensive. Some people think the map is not open to discussion already, so I dont know why its not quenched yet.
Major Marvaddin

Postby Night Strike on Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:33 am

Marvaddin wrote:
Wisse wrote:if i were you i should just say what can be changed to a map, instead of saying its bad.

I did it and it was considered offensive. Some people think the map is not open to discussion already, so I dont know why its not quenched yet.

It's not quenched because max is making one final update to fix some army centering issues (bottom of page 26).

And as for your comments, you admitted yourself that you didn't take the time to read through the topic. If you had, you would have realized that your comments had all been discussed and decided upon. That's why your bringing them up again is not helpful criticism but rather spam.
Major Night Strike

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:10 am

So, people that didnt read all the thread shouldnt place any opinions? Man, and I am the one being called negative and offensive. Whats the problem with you guys, huh?
Major Marvaddin

Postby Night Strike on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:11 pm

The problem is that several people (myself as the foreperson) have followed this map from the beginning and don't want to waste time and posts discussing topics that have already been thoroughly discussed and decided.
Major Night Strike

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Surely. The comments could be not helpful, but I disagree about they being offensive or spam. Right?
Major Marvaddin

Postby jako on Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:02 pm

Marvaddin wrote:Surely. The comments could be not helpful, but I disagree about they being offensive or spam. Right?

i can understand that no1 wants to read through 28 or so pages of a map development, and that u admitting that u havent read through it was honest.

ur comments can be considered constructive because u are pointing out some aspects of the map that was discussed upon greatly, but the wording in ur post was unnecessarily offensive which it didnt need to be.

u deliberately come in here and spew out offensive criticism and now u backtrack that u were only being helpful?

i may not have been here that long, nor do i know who u are, but it seems the old u was not well liked, nor is the present a better improvement.

if u really were a veteran of the foundry, i would have thought u would know how to handle urself and ur comments in someone else's thread. i guess i thought too highly of u.

take what dignity u have left and stop turning max's map thread into ur personal flame wars. we dont really need ur comments if ur just going to disrupt the foundry process of max's map.

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
Lieutenant jako

Postby Marvaddin on Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:10 pm

jako wrote:u deliberately come in here and spew out offensive criticism and now u backtrack that u were only being helpful?

Yes, I was TRYING to be helpful, although in fact I was not being. You have a problem if you thinks all criticism is offensive. And if there is a thing to decrease my dignity is not place my opinions, its discuss with a short minded noob like you.

But Im not wanting to disrupt anything (even why there is nothing to disrupt, once the map is finished already), and to prove that, I wont post again in this one, and you can ask a mod to delete my previous posts. Happy, child?

Now, someone quench this map!
Major Marvaddin

Postby Coleman on Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:39 pm

Can't quench the map. The cordinates are not centered. :lol:
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby jako on Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:24 pm

i wonder when the update will be posted.

Lieutenant jako

Finish for gods sake

Postby hobee88 on Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:38 pm

I think this might have been cool a year ago when you started. It would be great to actually see it finished. :P
Cadet hobee88

Re: Finish for gods sake

Postby Night Strike on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:51 am

hobee88 wrote:I think this might have been cool a year ago when you started. It would be great to actually see it finished. :P

Ummm.........he started it this summer. How is that a year ago????? :? :roll:
Major Night Strike

Postby jako on Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:12 am

Night Strike wrote:
hobee88 wrote:I think this might have been cool a year ago when you started. It would be great to actually see it finished. :P

Ummm.........he started it this summer. How is that a year ago????? :? :roll:

:lol:

KoE strikes again :wink:

Lieutenant jako

Postby unriggable on Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:39 pm

That's a pretty inaccurate first post. He started this map shortly after he showed up at this site.
Cook unriggable

Postby Coleman on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:19 pm

It's been a week since the last post, is the creator still around? As I recall all that was needed was very minor xml work. :-k
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Night Strike on Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:45 pm

There's an email link in his signature if you want to try that.
Major Night Strike

Postby jako on Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:22 am

i hope everything is okay.

i really want to get this map quench so i can play it instead of the current space map. :lol:

Lieutenant jako

Postby maxdetjens on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:11 pm

jako wrote:i hope everything is okay.

Yup. All is well. Working on an update for early morning. I'll skip the long excuses for the delay.
Cadet maxdetjens

Postby Night Strike on Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:13 pm

maxdetjens wrote:
jako wrote:i hope everything is okay.

Yup. All is well. Working on an update for early morning. I'll skip the long excuses for the delay.

He's back!!!!
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas