Poker Club [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Which version is easier to see the army numbers on?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:09 am

Version 12
22%
Version 13
78%

Total votes : 9

Re: Poker Club [Quenched]

Postby jasn on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:23 pm

Theres only one Royal Flush on the map, that can easily be conquered (on the left upper corner, i think its clubs).
That makes an advantage for the one, who starts up there..

Maybe one of the cards should be switched to the southeastcorner.
Corporal 1st Class jasn

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby sl0p0k on Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:55 pm

The fact here you only get 1 army no matter how many territories/cards you have is killing this board for me. #-o
Corporal sl0p0k

Medals: 1
Terminator Achievement (1)

Postby khazalid on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:18 pm

great map on fog settings, well done.
turtle dove / why don't ya guide me home
Major khazalid

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (9)

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:39 am

sl0p0k wrote:The fact here you only get 1 army no matter how many territories/cards you have is killing this board for me. #-o

Get yourself a better hand?!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby ctgottapee on Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:15 pm

my two cents, not like there worth much....

i do appreciate those who take the time to make new maps, and i thought this concept sounds great
where it lacks is the execution, and that may be because there is no good conquer club type play that will work

most of the map is single paths unlike most maps that are collections of adjoined territories, along with few starting armies or potential for bonuses, it pretty much sets up a preordained path to follow, so luck of the draw is damn near key.

due to the small starting troops and bonuses, trying to develop a hand is painful at best, and with limited paths, you pretty much have to attack what you have to attack regardless of card values, so it is just placement luck if said card gained actually gets you a good hand.

the only time the play go interesting was with the last three players of an eight player game, where each player was well developed with hand options and finally a bit of strategy, but still fairly thin compared to other maps so it went fast.

i'm not totally sure how to fix it, except that a suggested starting game be limited to 4 players and each person be given a larger starting placement so there can be some decent action
also some wild cards could be interesting, but damn near impossible to code i imagine
or maybe trying to make the neutral territories differnt army amounts, like say some 2 armies, but some larger armies towards the middle

i think the fact that so many cards are needed for a good hand (continent) and they are not interconnected like a traditional continent makes it tough; maybe if the game was black jack where fewer cards were needed, it would have some more strategy.

IMHO, all i know is that this map doesn't work with a lot of players, and is only relatively interesting with fewer ones
cheers
ct

and i noticed the top left of the board is the power spot where you can develop good hands and even fall back hands; nothing wrong with that, just a notice
'cHANCE favors the prepared mind' Louis Pasteur | Latest Tourney Wins:
Don't Take Too Long 2x2, Freemium with a Premium doubles tournament -RunnerUp
Lieutenant ctgottapee

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby pinkflaminko on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:04 pm

nobody voted why did it have to end I would have voted
Cadet pinkflaminko

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby InkL0sed on Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:05 pm

pinkflaminko wrote:nobody voted why did it have to end I would have voted

Because the map is quenched and in play...
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)

Wrong number of renfort on poker club

Postby kaobang on Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:26 pm

Concise description:
    [game: 3827076 I recieve 8 armies for a flush +1 at turn 5 but I did not meet the requirements]

Specifics:
  • xxxxxxx

This will improve the following aspects of the site:
  • xxxxxxx (you can obviously delete this for bug reports)
  • xxxxxxx
Sergeant 1st Class kaobang

Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Wrong number of renfort on poker club

Postby yeti_c on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:58 am

I can't quite tell...

But I'm pretty sure you had five of these cards....

Jack of Clubs King of Clubs 2 of Clubs Queen of Clubs 5 of Clubs 7 of clubs

At the time.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby lancehoch on Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:55 am

yeti_c wrote:I can't quite tell...

But I'm pretty sure you had five of these cards....

Jack of Clubs King of Clubs 2 of Clubs Queen of Clubs 5 of Clubs 7 of clubs

At the time.

C.

He did not have the queen at that time, but yes, he started with the jack, five, and seven of clubs then took the king of clubs in round two and the two of clubs in rounds three and four, but did not hold all five cards until round five.
Lieutenant lancehoch

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby ManBungalow on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:00 pm

cicero wrote:He did not have the queen at that time, but yes, he started with the jack, five, and seven of clubs then took the king of clubs in round two and the two of clubs in rounds three and four, but did not hold all five cards until round five.

So...is this fixed ?
Last edited by ManBungalow on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Postby cicero on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Originally posted in Suggestions & Bug Reports. Moved to Foundry Discussion for Foundry moderators to merge with the quenched Poker Club thread in the Map Foundry - Final Forge subforum.

Cicero
FREE M-E-Mbership and simple rules. Conquer Club - it's not complicated.

random me statistic @ 13 December 2008 - 1336 posts : 232nd most public posts (not counting Tower of Babble) of all time.
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby kaobang on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:26 pm

I rechecked and I understand now eheh I got 4 clubs and at round 4 I invaded and hold the 3 of club so yes at the begining of turn 5 I got a flush.

thanks guys
Sergeant 1st Class kaobang

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby yeti_c on Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:44 pm

kaobang wrote:I rechecked and I understand now eheh I got 4 clubs and at round 4 I invaded and hold the 3 of club so yes at the begining of turn 5 I got a flush.

thanks guys

No problems.

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby MrBenn on Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 am

There's some interesting discussion about this map going on over here: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=73959
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn
Retired Team Member

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (15)

Postby Odysseus1984 on Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:03 pm

The map 'Poker Club' is unbalanced in my opinion, because the royal flushes are not spread evenly. The one starting in the top left corner has a big chance of getting the royal flush of clubs, where the other royal flush (for example spades) are spread over the whole map. I have to cross the whole map (startin in the bottem right corner) to get the queen of spades for a royal flush. The same holds for diamonds and hearts.
Cook Odysseus1984

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

poker club spoils

Postby tattooedude on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:13 pm

wondering what is with the poker club map spoils. i get 1 less than what is listed, if a flush =8 why do i only get 7? am i missing something?
Sergeant 1st Class tattooedude

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Re: poker club spoils

Postby lancehoch on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm

tattooedude wrote:wondering what is with the poker club map spoils. i get 1 less than what is listed, if a flush =8 why do i only get 7? am i missing something?

Yes, you get one for territories.
Lieutenant lancehoch

Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:02 pm

lancehoch wrote:
tattooedude wrote:wondering what is with the poker club map spoils. i get 1 less than what is listed, if a flush =8 why do i only get 7? am i missing something?

Yes, you get one for territories.

As someone who loves that particular map, it really should be clarified. There are a lot of folks confused by it.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby lancehoch on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:08 am

Woodruff wrote:As someone who loves that particular map, it really should be clarified. There are a lot of folks confused by it.

I believe that the XML cannot be coded to give 0 troops for a territory count bonus, so the bonus must be broken down into two sections as it is now.
Lieutenant lancehoch

Postby Joodoo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:50 am

see it this way:the bonus indicated on that map is the total amount of armies you'll get for holding your territories (for that round)
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby cicero on Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:29 pm

Moved from Suggestions & Bug Reports to Map Foundry.
Foundry Mods please merge with quenched thread.

Cicero
Sergeant cicero

Location: with the infected neutrals ... handing out maps to help them find their way to CC
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Contribution (3)

Postby tattooedude on Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:37 pm

ok, thx all
Sergeant 1st Class tattooedude

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3)

Poker map

Postby Blobby on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Any chance making the poker cards a pastel shade, so you can see easier where you border, what you have etc?
If you want me, come and get me....
Lieutenant Blobby

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1)

Re: Poker map

Postby blakebowling on Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Moved to the Map Foundry, someone there should be able to merge this with the poker map thread. Although as it is already quenched, I highly doubt that it will be changed.
12:39:59 AM rdsrds2120: sorry, I had a lot of lasagna tonight
12:40:06 AM rdsrds2120: I'm pretty out of it. CRAAZZYYY NIGHT
12:31:04 * Metsfanmax quit (kicked from Social by Metsfanmax - reason: haha gotcha now)
12:59:32 * #1_stunna gropes blakebowling
Private blakebowling
Administrator
Administrator

Medals: 41
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (10)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas