Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Age of Might [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

what bonus scheme do you want?

leave it as it is
47%
version A
7%
version B
9%
version C
37%

Total votes : 68

Postby Coleman on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:50 pm

yeti_c wrote:
Coleman wrote:Herakilla do you lose to people that use your strategy as well or have you not found one yet?

He lost to me earlier today!!

C.

I meant in 1v1, sorry.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Herakilla on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Coleman wrote:Herakilla do you lose to people that use your strategy as well or have you not found one yet?

i havent found any1 who goes by my exact strategy but the ones that run something close i usually beat.

but most people i run into dont use anything like mine making their destruction pretty one sided lol
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby gimil on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:57 pm

Herakilla wrote:

i havent found any1 who goes by my exact strategy but the ones that run something close i usually beat.

but most people i run into dont use anything like mine making their destruction pretty one sided lol

the points grabs all fun just now but wait till everyone had a strategy for this map :wink:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:12 pm

BTW - if no-one's paid any attention - new BOB with Objectives code has been released... if you have anything to add - please add it in the AJAX BOB thread (i.e. not here!)

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Herakilla on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:13 pm

gimil wrote:
Herakilla wrote:

the points grabs all fun just now but wait till everyone had a strategy for this map :wink:

im not worried about that for a long time and a lot of them will still be inferior to mine lol
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby rebelman on Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:14 pm

Herakilla wrote:

have we met in battle yet ? i have a nice mix of strategies for 1 v1 worked out at this stage depending on the various variables - so far I have gained over 500 pts in my 87 completed 1 v 1 games with a win % of 56% (this % was higher but its starting to drop)
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby Coleman on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:07 pm

I'm not surprised your win % is dropping, more people are figuring it out. :lol:
Sergeant Coleman

Postby gimil on Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:08 pm

Coleman wrote:I'm not surprised your win % is dropping, more people are figuring it out. :lol:

not with me there not.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby rebelman on Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:07 pm

Coleman wrote:I'm not surprised your win % is dropping, more people are figuring it out. :lol:

true but im now up to 1673 (i was at 1023 48 hours ago) - all thanks to age of might (my previous high score was 1350)
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Postby hulmey on Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:58 pm

herakila i challenge ur wet arse to 5 games onaom and let see who the victor is!! what u say?
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Gold Knight on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:08 pm

Awesome map, been waiting for a map with this concept to come out for some time now, nice work! :P
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Herakilla on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:58 pm

was gold knight just positive?

and hulmey i accept lol, just as long as they are sequential and fog and 1v1 i dont want a buddy showing up to gank me!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Heimdall on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:52 am

Dim,

Have you looked at the option of reducing the value of castles but increasing the value of resources/Castles?

For example:

Castles= +3

Castles + Resource pair= +5

Castles would still be important, but more in combination with the resources. It might encourage players to attack more neutral territories before going all out on other players. Just a thought.
Lieutenant Heimdall

Postby gimil on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:40 am

Heimdall wrote:Dim,

Have you looked at the option of reducing the value of castles but increasing the value of resources/Castles?

For example:

Castles= +3

Castles would still be important, but more in combination with the resources. It might encourage players to attack more neutral territories before going all out on other players. Just a thought.

I thik a better idea is to have the castle bonus auto deploy

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:46 am

gimil wrote:
Heimdall wrote:Dim,

For example:

Castles= +3

I thik a better idea is to have the castle bonus auto deploy

Concur

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:00 pm

chapter 2 will incorporate many changes. however chapter 1 will remain as it is.
for crying out loud, it's been less than 5 days and it has 37 pages of games. this means it's played and people like it.
i am not 100% satisfied with the map but seeing how happy most people are i've decided not to change it. but chapter 2 will be different.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby mibi on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:37 pm

DiM wrote:chapter 2 will incorporate many changes. however chapter 1 will remain as it is.
for crying out loud, it's been less than 5 days and it has 37 pages of games. this means it's played and people like it.
i am not 100% satisfied with the map but seeing how happy most people are i've decided not to change it. but chapter 2 will be different.

But are they playing it as its meant to be played? It seems a majority are playing two player where the dynamics are radically different at best and a cheat map at worst.

There is no point in leaving a map with such obvious game play bugs. It's often hard to predict the gameplay in the development stage, we try our best, but don't peg it correctly sometimes. There is no harm in continuing the development with minor changes to the benefit at all.

If a map of mine has 37 pages rife with abuse of its game play, I dont think I would be too proud.

maybe someone can quote this since DiM is ignoring my posts :wink:
Captain mibi

Postby hulmey on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:37 pm

The test of time shall tell DIM...Its too early to say if a map is popular when its just been released, coz every one wants to play on something new!!
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby DiM on Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:42 pm

hulmey wrote:The test of time shall tell DIM...Its too early to say if a map is popular when its just been released, coz every one wants to play on something new!!

of course the test of time shall tell, but so far 37 pages in less than 5 days is a lot especially when you look at other maps that have been quenched for a month 2 months 6 months or a year and they don't have 37 pages.

it's obvious the enthusiasm of a new map gathers a lot of players and in time their number falls. it happens to all maps. perhaps when nobody will play it i'll give the map a facelift and a new gameplay to revitalize it but until then why change something that is popular?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:01 pm

mibi wrote:
DiM wrote:chapter 2 will incorporate many changes. however chapter 1 will remain as it is.

But are they playing it as its meant to be played? It seems a majority are playing two player where the dynamics are radically different at best and a cheat map at worst.

There is no point in leaving a map with such obvious game play bugs. It's often hard to predict the gameplay in the development stage, we try our best, but don't peg it correctly sometimes. There is no harm in continuing the development with minor changes to the benefit at all.

If a map of mine has 37 pages rife with abuse of its game play, I dont think I would be too proud.

maybe someone can quote this since DiM is ignoring my posts :wink:
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Cauldwell on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:23 pm

I love this map. I think alot of hard work and effort went into creating it.

The map has a fundemental flaw however. There should never be a map where a player can be eliminated in the first round BEFORE he takes his turn. If a player puts himself in a posistion where they can be eliminated in round 1, I'm fine with that. This map allows for a player to be eliminated before he can play the game. That's not right.
Major Cauldwell

Postby wicked on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:26 pm

Coleman wrote:
Heimdall wrote:The key words being:
mibi wrote:1v1 is a total joke.
I think that joke may be on you. :wink:

It was. I kicked his butt. :lol:
Major wicked

Postby Arachnophobia on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:54 pm

seriously, add the bonus armies for the castles to the castles themselves. freestyle games are a hell with it

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=1284662

Exactly nothing happened except run for the closest dock and kill the enemy. No resource pairs, no sanctuary. And no im not bitter being killed off. Its just messed up the way it is (although it looks great and the ideas behind it are great too).
Lieutenant Arachnophobia

Postby mibi on Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 pm

wicked wrote:
Coleman wrote:
Heimdall wrote:The key words being:
mibi wrote:1v1 is a total joke.
I think that joke may be on you. :wink:

It was. I kicked his butt. :lol:

yes, you certainly can exploit this maps flaws with the best of them, well done.
Captain mibi

Postby hulmey on Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:58 am

well said Arachnophobia
Lieutenant hulmey

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas