Age of Realms: Age of Might [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

what bonus scheme do you want?

leave it as it is
32
47%
version A
5
7%
version B
6
9%
version C
25
37%
 
Total votes : 68

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:53 am

so i'll set-up a poll with the following 3 choices + the choice to leave it as it is.

A.
Code: Select all
castle +5
castle + village +2
village + resource pair + 5
castle + resource pair + 5
sanctuary +5


same fast paced action but with more incentive to expand and get resources and stuff. 1v1 will remain the same but more strategy should come in 6p games. plus by making the village + resource, castle + resource and sanctuary worth +5 it will give a chance to come back in the game to those that lost a castle and furthermore in fog games the confusion will be even higher because of the many +5 bonuses.

B.
Code: Select all
castle +5 (autodeploy)
castle + village +2
village + resource pair + 5
castle + resource pair + 5
sanctuary +5


same as previous version except the autodeploy should make the 1v1 less fast paced.

C.
Code: Select all
castle +3 (autodeploy)
castle + village +1
village + resource pair + 3
castle + resource pair + 3
sanctuary +3


same idea but lower bonuses. slow paced expansion games.

i have made another thread in general discussion to get a more ample batch of votes.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:40 am

Option B is wrong - you say castle Plus village is +2 - at the mo it's +1...

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:59 am

yeti_c wrote:Option B is wrong - you say castle Plus village is +2 - at the mo it's +1...

C.


huh?? :shock:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:45 am

OK then

You poll is a load of shit...

It doesn't have what everyone wants in it...

Option D...

Castle +5 auto deploy.
Castle + village = +1
Castle + resources = +2
Resources + village = +1

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby rebelman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:54 am

DiM its bizarre that you have identical polls in two places as there is a very high possibility of duplicate votes especially if its your intention to combine the two sets of results
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
User avatar
Private rebelman
 
Posts: 2968
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: People's Republic of Cork
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:18 am

yeti_c wrote:OK then

You poll is a load of shit...

It doesn't have what everyone wants in it...

Option D...

Castle +5 auto deploy.
Castle + village = +1
Castle + resources = +2
Resources + village = +1

C.


who's everyone? :wink: :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:19 am

rebelman wrote:DiM its bizarre that you have identical polls in two places as there is a very high possibility of duplicate votes especially if its your intention to combine the two sets of results


i will probably ignore this poll. because not many people come here to vote. the opinion of the masses will be represented by the poll in GD :wink:


btw chapter 2 is almost done.
i wanted to present it in mid december but i might do it either tomorrow or friday.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:25 am

DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:OK then

You poll is a load of shit...

It doesn't have what everyone wants in it...

Option D...

Castle +5 auto deploy.
Castle + village = +1
Castle + resources = +2
Resources + village = +1

C.


who's everyone? :wink: :roll:


Everyone who's commented in this thread...

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby rebelman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:27 am

yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:OK then

You poll is a load of shit...

It doesn't have what everyone wants in it...

Option D...

Castle +5 auto deploy.
Castle + village = +1
Castle + resources = +2
Resources + village = +1

C.


who's everyone? :wink: :roll:


Everyone who's commented in this thread...

C.




this poll includes the option which some commentators in this poll want ie leave it alone
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
User avatar
Private rebelman
 
Posts: 2968
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: People's Republic of Cork
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:28 am

rebelman wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:OK then

You poll is a load of shit...

It doesn't have what everyone wants in it...

Option D...

Castle +5 auto deploy.
Castle + village = +1
Castle + resources = +2
Resources + village = +1

C.


who's everyone? :wink: :roll:


Everyone who's commented in this thread...

C.




this poll includes the option which some commentators in this poll want ie leave it alone


BUT It doesn't include the option that a lot of people want - leave as is - but autodeploy to the castle...

C.
Image
Highest score : 2297
User avatar
Lieutenant yeti_c
 
Posts: 9670
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:02 am
Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:59 am

the poll doesn't include that option because i don't like it :wink:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:05 pm

DiM wrote:the poll doesn't include that option because i don't like it :wink:


but yeti's way was the way i thought it would be released . . . .
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:07 pm

leave as is.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby gimil on Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:23 pm

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:the poll doesn't include that option because i don't like it :wink:


but yeti's way was the way i thought it would be released . . . .


leave it as it is, chapter 2 with have the dirty little auto deploy
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby rebelman on Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:47 am

this map is cc's great equaliser check out this four player game that netted the winner 262 pts.

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?gam ... 1#map-cell
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
User avatar
Private rebelman
 
Posts: 2968
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: People's Republic of Cork
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby benjikat on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:20 am

rebelman wrote:this map is cc's great equaliser



which has been the point that the dissenters have been shouting about. We don't want "great equalisation" - we want strategy, tactics and skill to win through (on average - the dice can always bite)
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class benjikat
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:03 am
Medals: 1
General Contribution (1)

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:24 am

benjikat wrote:
rebelman wrote:this map is cc's great equaliser



which has been the point that the dissenters have been shouting about. We don't want "great equalisation" - we want strategy, tactics and skill to win through (on average - the dice can always bite)


it does take skill to win this map...he didnt win by accident...though he says he did

this map bings a different aspect. at first i sucked at it and got my arse handed to me by reb 3 times in a row, though the last 2 games ive played on it ive won or am winning wat im trying to say is leave as is. there are 2 more age of might maps to come, so they can be a lil different that this one
Image
User avatar
Lieutenant lord voldemort
 
Posts: 9665
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:39 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

Postby riggable on Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:50 pm

Has anyone else noticed that if someone gets knocked out for missing too many turns in a row, their armies are left on their castle? Is this on purpose? If not, is it important enough to need to be changed?
Image
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class riggable
 
Posts: 997
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:12 am
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:01 pm

riggable wrote:Has anyone else noticed that if someone gets knocked out for missing too many turns in a row, their armies are left on their castle? Is this on purpose? If not, is it important enough to need to be changed?


This is what happens with deadbeat armies in all other games on all other maps. They either convert to neutral (Standard/Assassin/Teams) or stay in limbo until Terminated
Image
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
User avatar
Sergeant Aerial Attack
 
Posts: 1132
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:59 pm
Location: Generation One: The Clan
Medals: 4
Tournament Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby demon7896 on Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:12 pm

what is version a, b, and c
User avatar
Private demon7896
 
Posts: 689
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (2)

Postby rebelman on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:44 am

demon7896 wrote:what is version a, b, and c


DiM wrote:so i'll set-up a poll with the following 3 choices + the choice to leave it as it is.

A.
Code: Select all
castle +5
castle + village +2
village + resource pair + 5
castle + resource pair + 5
sanctuary +5


same fast paced action but with more incentive to expand and get resources and stuff. 1v1 will remain the same but more strategy should come in 6p games. plus by making the village + resource, castle + resource and sanctuary worth +5 it will give a chance to come back in the game to those that lost a castle and furthermore in fog games the confusion will be even higher because of the many +5 bonuses.

B.
Code: Select all
castle +5 (autodeploy)
castle + village +2
village + resource pair + 5
castle + resource pair + 5
sanctuary +5


same as previous version except the autodeploy should make the 1v1 less fast paced.

C.
Code: Select all
castle +3 (autodeploy)
castle + village +1
village + resource pair + 3
castle + resource pair + 3
sanctuary +3


same idea but lower bonuses. slow paced expansion games.

i have made another thread in general discussion to get a more ample batch of votes.
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
User avatar
Private rebelman
 
Posts: 2968
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:24 pm
Location: People's Republic of Cork
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:34 am

demon7896 wrote:what is version a, b, and c


look at post above, but since chapter 2 is already in production there's no need for this poll, the map will remain as it is.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby wcaclimbing on Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:41 pm

BUG!!!

on the map, The country on the island with Sanctuary, it is labeled as "Lo'ln".
in the dropdown menus, its labeled as "Lol'n". the ' symbol is moved one letter over....

Lo'ln
Lol'n

not a big bug, but needs to be changed.
Last edited by wcaclimbing on Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing
 
Posts: 5598
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 10:09 pm
Location: In your quantum box....Maybe.
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (2)

Postby DiM on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:07 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:BUG!!!

on the map, The country on the island with Sanctuary, it is labeled as "Lo'ln".
in the dropdown menus, its labeled as "Lol'n". the ' symbol is moved one letter over....

Lo'ln
Lol'n

not a big bug, but needs to be changed.


thanks :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Image
User avatar
Major DiM
 
Posts: 10554
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:20 pm
Location: making maps for scooby snacks
Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

Postby wicked on Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:10 pm

I LOL'd at this. :lol:
User avatar
Major wicked
 
Posts: 15794
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:23 pm
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beschill

Login