Age of Realms: Age of Might [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

what bonus scheme do you want?

leave it as it is
47%
version A
7%
version B
9%
version C
37%

Total votes : 68

Postby DiM on Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:14 am

Kaplowitz wrote:So is his map part of your trilogy?

nope. this is a standalone trilogy that has nothing to do with gimil's feudal wars.

PS: i might have to change the title for the trilogy because it seems to cause confusion.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Medals: 45
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (3)

idea

Postby owenshooter on Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:36 pm

DiM, why don't you name one of the docks after me? that would truly make this map KICK ASS and the best map on the site. it would dust age of merchants, trust me!-0
Sergeant 1st Class owenshooter

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:19 pm

My is going through a revamp at the moment. It will be titled feudal was classic.

There maps will have a background story and will develop on the game play of the original idea i developed. Once these two are done me and DiM will work one of the other 2 in the trilogy each.

back on topic. the rivers look MUCH better. to elimate the bevel whoring, use drop shadowing and inner shadowing to create light effects toped up with some dodge and burn.

Get your lights point of origin and work from there
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Unit_2 on Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:51 pm

looks like a part of runescape.
Private 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Pain Killer on Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:52 pm

DiM wrote:as for the countries, what do you mean they are hard to see. i only have borders at the bottom. are those hard to see?

yes, thats do to the hill's effect
Lieutenant Pain Killer

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:27 pm

DiM wrote:

nope. this is a standalone trilogy that has nothing to do with gimil's feudal wars.

PS: i might have to change the title for the trilogy because it seems to cause confusion.

Why dont you call it "Castle Wars" or something or "Reign Of Kings"
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:31 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:
DiM wrote:

because that boring and lame. federal give it a good feel

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby AfroDwarf on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:30 pm

gimil wrote:
Kaplowitz wrote:
DiM wrote:

because that boring and lame. federal give it a good feel

So call yours Federal Wars and his Feudal Wars, that will eliminate any possibility of confusion, right? :wink:
Lieutenant AfroDwarf

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby gimil on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:31 pm

feudal war - classic

feudal war - The beginning

How can you have confusion?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby AfroDwarf on Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:35 pm

gimil wrote:because that boring and lame. federal give it a good feel

sorry, guess I didn't make it clear enough :)
Lieutenant AfroDwarf

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: idea

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:47 am

owenshooter wrote:DiM, why don't you name one of the docks after me? that would truly make this map KICK ASS and the best map on the site. it would dust age of merchants, trust me!-0

sure, why not? and i'll also make Andy's hill, keyogi's castle, vace cooper river and lackattack mountain :roll:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (10)

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:48 am

gimil wrote:My is going through a revamp at the moment. It will be titled feudal was classic.

There maps will have a background story and will develop on the game play of the original idea i developed. Once these two are done me and DiM will work one of the other 2 in the trilogy each.

back on topic. the rivers look MUCH better. to elimate the bevel whoring, use drop shadowing and inner shadowing to create light effects toped up with some dodge and burn.

Get your lights point of origin and work from there

all the lighting in the map has the same source.
i'll tinker with dodge and burn.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:49 am

Unit_2 wrote:looks like a part of runescape.

is that good or bad? never played runescape :roll:
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:50 am

Pain Killer wrote:
DiM wrote:as for the countries, what do you mean they are hard to see. i only have borders at the bottom. are those hard to see?

yes, thats do to the hill's effect

ok got it. the main reason i made them like this is because i don't want the borders to be so eye catching and spoil the landscape. but i'll see what i can do to make them more visible.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:53 am

AfroDwarf wrote:
gimil wrote:because that boring and lame. federal give it a good feel

sorry, guess I didn't make it clear enough :)

in time you'll learn that gimil writes all kinds of nonsense. if he says federal he means feudal. if he writes feudral he means feudal, heck if he writes fergrohlingdal he also means feudal. :lol:
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas