Bamboo Jack (Thai POW Railway) [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

V5 New Design

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:30 am

Well...here we go with V5.

Hopefully this will be more appealing to the audiences.

New design
This is re-designed to include the bridge in the map rather than have it in an outside section like the POW Camps.
Therefore artistic liberty has been taken with the length of the bridge and those closeby sections of the river.

It was very hard to find names of towns etc so I had to fill with some names of Doctors who actually worked in the POW Camps.

Not completed yet
* The Bonuses are not yet calculated.
* I think because of the lineation of the map, there will be a few more terts and impassables to be added to bulk out certain sections, and I may even re-work the railway lines yet to interweave them with other sections on the map, particularly the highlands.

Anyway, it is a start, and hopefully better suited than the last few efforts I created for this map.

Let me know what you think anyway.

V5 Small

Image

V5 Large

Image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby Coleman on Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:00 pm

I love it.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:00 pm

Coleman wrote:I love it.

Coleman...I've just got one thing to say to you....thank you! :D
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:05 pm

how do you get from the terrs down the left hand side to the terrs in the main map.

I only ask this because i do not understand any of the legends.

I do not understand the legends because i have been out drinking.


I apologies in advance cairns if i upset you because of this :wink:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:19 pm

gimil wrote:how do you get from the terrs down the left hand side to the terrs in the main map.
I only ask this because i do not understand any of the legends.
I do not understand the legends because i have been out drinking.
I apologies in advance cairns if i upset you because of this :wink:


Gimil...I hope you had a very good time. :) No apologies needed.
In the "destructions" it says
River sections can be crossed to bordering territories on the same river section

This means that because Rin Tin borders two river sections, you can cross from Thong Pha Phum and Tha Sao to Rin Tin.
Rather than have the river as an impassable, i made it so that it is in sections but provides a border between east and west terrs.
Hope this explains it Gimil. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Bamboo Jack V6 Update

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:25 pm

OK, so soon after V5 was posted, here is the update for V6.

This version:
* adds terrs to Burma, some to the western province, and some to the eastern province.
* small design issue updates

* Bonuses are still not calculated, but I am working on these today.

With Regard to the Bonuses
The POW camps will be calculated inclusive for the Rail Section they belong to.


V6 Small
Image

V6 Large
Image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:36 pm

cairnswk wrote:
gimil wrote:how do you get from the terrs down the left hand side to the terrs in the main map.
I only ask this because i do not understand any of the legends.
I do not understand the legends because i have been out drinking.
I apologies in advance cairns if i upset you because of this :wink:


Gimil...I hope you had a very good time. :) No apologies needed.
In the "destructions" it says
River sections can be crossed to bordering territories on the same river section

This means that because Rin Tin borders two river sections, you can cross from Thong Pha Phum and Tha Sao to Rin Tin.
Rather than have the river as an impassable, i made it so that it is in sections but provides a border between east and west terrs.
Hope this explains it Gimil. :)


The river wasn't my concern although i do NOW understand that there more to the river than an impassable boarder.

What i meant was how to get from the main map to the (HUTS?) like Kyondo camp.

P.s. i did have a good time. I also found a pub in Glasgow called cairns
:wink:

I took a pic and then proceeded to break my phone :(
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:49 pm

gimil wrote:
The river wasn't my concern although i do NOW understand that there more to the river than an impassable boarder.

What i meant was how to get from the main map to the (HUTS?) like Kyondo camp.

P.s. i did have a good time. I also found a pub in Glasgow called cairns
:wink:

I took a pic and then proceeded to break my phone :(


Bugger gimil...i was looking forward to that photo of cairns pub. :lol: Still, i'm pleased to hear you had a good time.

About the railway terrs to the POW camps, you will be able to attack Hin Tok Railway to Hin Tok POW Camp Grd 1 or Grd 2 and Vice Versa, and the "destruction" tell you that (at least I think they do)
Railways stations must be held to attack associated POW Camps via Guards & Vice Versa


Do you think it would be necessary to have "graphic routes" between them? I would prefer not to have them, however some further/better wording might be necessary.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:55 pm

I see where your coming from now.

However i feel that that more recognition is needed. Maybe make each POW camp for distinct and have some kind of relationship between hte station and the camp. ;)

p.s. Ill has the cairns pub pic up ASAP (once the phone is fixed)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:59 pm

gimil wrote:I see where your coming from now.

However i feel that that more recognition is needed. Maybe make each POW camp for distinct and have some kind of relationship between hte station and the camp. ;)

Do mean like a pathway of some sort, or a series of dashed lines to join them?
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:10 pm

cairnswk wrote:
gimil wrote:I see where your coming from now.

However i feel that that more recognition is needed. Maybe make each POW camp for distinct and have some kind of relationship between hte station and the camp. ;)

Do mean like a pathway of some sort, or a series of dashed lines to join them?


maybe not a path way but like a symbol or color scheme if your looking to NOT have a direct path between them.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:16 pm

I think you could do something like a black red or blue dot (colors could be different) for the camps and a corresponding dot in the camps themselves. If that makes any sense.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
User avatar
Sergeant Coleman
 
Posts: 5402
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:36 pm
Location: Midwest
Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:18 pm

Coleman wrote:I think you could do something like a black red or blue dot (colors could be different) for the camps and a corresponding dot in the camps themselves. If that makes any sense.


OK, thanks for the suggestion Coleman...I was just thinking that perhaps also the names be the same colours.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:19 pm

Coleman wrote:I think you could do something like a black red or blue dot (colors could be different) for the camps and a corresponding dot in the camps themselves. If that makes any sense.


makes no sense at all. Thats either because:

A) alcohol is affecting my sense of interpretation.

B) Colemans drug intact from his broken knee cap is affect his sense of description.

Either or, we make a useless team at this point in time :wink:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:29 pm

gimil wrote:
Coleman wrote:I think you could do something like a black red or blue dot (colors could be different) for the camps and a corresponding dot in the camps themselves. If that makes any sense.


makes no sense at all. Thats either because:

A) alcohol is affecting my sense of interpretation.

B) Colemans drug intact from his broken knee cap is affect his sense of description.

Either or, we make a useless team at this point in time :wink:


LOL...well, gimil, i think it does make some sense....perhaps wou need to see it to recognise what it might look like. I'll post a version in a couple of mins.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:34 pm

gimil wrote:
B) Colemans drug intact from his broken knee cap is affect his sense of description.



Hey Coleman....that's BAD luck eh?
I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you....I didn't know. :shock:
I can sympathise as I have had a smashed tibia, and now have a stainless steel plate in my leg with 9 pins holding it in place. I know the drama well.
May I offer you my prayers of well wishes for a quick recovery.
[-o<
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:35 pm

excellent i look forward to it
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

V7 Update - Colour Association for POW Camps

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:02 pm

gimil wrote:excellent i look forward to it


Gimil, below is V7 with the coloured names and dots.
Does this do anything for you? I have to find the right colours for the names and dots yet, but this will give you an idea. I don't want to move outside of the colour scheme i have going if i can get out it.

V7 Small
Image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:10 pm

excellent, i am but satisfied :)
















. . . for the moment :wink:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:14 pm

now for the next question.

Can anyone of the camp territories be attacked form the railroad? or is there a particular entry point?

EDIT: nevermind read the legends and realised im sobering up. lol. I understand a little better now :wink:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:22 pm

gimil wrote:now for the next question.

Can anyone of the camp territories be attacked form the railroad? or is there a particular entry point?

EDIT: nevermind read the legends and realised im sobering up. lol. I understand a little better now :wink:


Excellent Gimil. I hope this doesn't offend but that little penguin that wanders in circles...Gimil...it is very appropriate LOL. I think it is one of the best avatars on this site. :lol:
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:23 pm

cairnswk wrote:
gimil wrote:now for the next question.

Can anyone of the camp territories be attacked form the railroad? or is there a particular entry point?

EDIT: nevermind read the legends and realised im sobering up. lol. I understand a little better now :wink:


Excellent Gimil. I hope this doesn't offend but that little penguin that wanders in circles...Gimil...it is very appropriate LOL. I think it is one of the best avatars on this site. :lol:


penguin? pal, thats the one and only Yoshi from super Mario brothers. He's doing a dance just for you, but yes, it is the best avatar on the site :wink:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby cairnswk on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:29 pm

gimil wrote:penguin? pal, thats the one and only Yoshi from super Mario brothers. He's doing a dance just for you, but yes, it is the best avatar on the site :wink:

Whoops, sorry :oops: how foolish of me. Shows how many computer games i play.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby edbeard on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:30 pm

I disagree about the avatar thing.


About the map, don't you think there are way too many attack points? I count 5 territories that are not borders (not including the POW camps)
User avatar
Major edbeard
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby gimil on Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:32 pm

edbeard wrote:I disagree about the avatar thing.


your avatar isnt exactly much better is it?

edbeard wrote:About the map, don't you think there are way too many attack points? I count 5 territories that are not borders (not including the POW camps)


I have no idea what your talking about
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong


Top Score:2403
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class gimil
 
Posts: 8605
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Location: United Kingdom (Scotland)
Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login