Conquer Club

Berlin 1961 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby oaktown on Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:03 am

JustCallMeStupid wrote:I really like the map. I love the 1 unit bonus with the plane and the partial hold idea for continent bonuses. There is nothing grossly wrong with the map and i have only played on it 1 so far. However, just from this one time, it seems to me that given that a neutral starts on the bombard territory, it will never actually get used. Few people use the bombard as it is and having to kill 3 neutrals just to neutralize a territory. I just dont think it will ever really enhance the game play considering 99.9 % of games probably wont use it.
I just hink it would enhance the game more if it started as a regular territory and not neutral. Later

Right, I've seen it used a couple of times, but not as often as I'd like. Thing is, if I pulled it as a neutral there'd be 37 territories to start with, so in any size game there will be one random territory starting neutral. If there's going ot be a neutral I'd rather see it start in Russia than in one of the other sectors where it would potentially give somebody an easy shield to hold the bonus.

As for the color comment... :roll:
Captain oaktown

Postby gimil on Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:19 am

congratz on the quench buddy, i like the new graphically concept this map has.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby oaktown on Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:40 pm

maybe nobody cares, but I'd like to get it right... I've fixed the three spelling errors in both the maps and the code.

large map: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r76/ ... 0large.jpg
small map: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r76/ ... 0small.jpg
code: http://h1.ripway.com/rparodi/berlin.xml

Captain oaktown

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:59 am

oaktown wrote:
JustCallMeStupid wrote:I really like the map. I love the 1 unit bonus with the plane and the partial hold idea for continent bonuses. There is nothing grossly wrong with the map and i have only played on it 1 so far. However, just from this one time, it seems to me that given that a neutral starts on the bombard territory, it will never actually get used. Few people use the bombard as it is and having to kill 3 neutrals just to neutralize a territory. I just dont think it will ever really enhance the game play considering 99.9 % of games probably wont use it.
I just hink it would enhance the game more if it started as a regular territory and not neutral. Later

Right, I've seen it used a couple of times, but not as often as I'd like. Thing is, if I pulled it as a neutral there'd be 37 territories to start with, so in any size game there will be one random territory starting neutral. If there's going ot be a neutral I'd rather see it start in Russia than in one of the other sectors where it would potentially give somebody an easy shield to hold the bonus.

As for the color comment... :roll:

You could lower the neutral value of the tank?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Re: Berlin 1961 [Quenched]

Postby knubbel on Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:31 pm

played this map the first time today. And since i live in Berlin the spelling errors really hurt my eyes... is there any chance that they will be fixed? I mean the images and xml are already corrected here, aren't they?
Major knubbel

Postby cairnswk on Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:02 pm

if you think something needs fixing...what exactly is it?
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby nickle.dime on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:41 pm

The map looks pretty cool.

Still i found 3 typos in it:
It's Siemensstadt, Nikolassee and Neukölln, as opposed to Siemenstadt, Nikolasee and Neukölen.

Keep it up!
Sergeant 1st Class nickle.dime

Postby 6_roller on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:11 pm

There seems to be a bug the map is granting the british bonus without you holding all of it.

Game 8918143
Sergeant 6_roller

Postby natty dread on Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:31 pm

6_roller wrote:There seems to be a bug the map is granting the british bonus without you holding all of it.

Game 8918143

read the legend...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Previous

Return to The Atlas