The Puget Sound [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Tisha on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:25 pm

jako, is there anything u actually like about the map at all?

I actually loved the totem pole.. great for the North West. I found a picture of it complete.

Image

The colors do look nice on the map, I'm just not sure where to fit a totem pole.. :?

and is this font better reverend_kyle? (please say yes) there aren't many that I like. I know it does need shadow or something to the font...would just like reverend_kyle's approval before working on that more..

Image
Last edited by Tisha on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Major Tisha
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:41 am
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6)
General Contribution (3)

Postby Xyl on Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:42 pm

Your rivers are still running east. :)
Major Xyl
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:43 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby Tisha on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:37 pm

better? The river in the south is actually Carbon River and the river in the north is White River...White River actually flows into Carbon River on the REAL maps... should I lie, and continue it to the sound?
User avatar
Major Tisha
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:41 am
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6)
General Contribution (3)

Postby flyingskiman on Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:56 pm

FINALLY!!!

its kind of hard to see any of the names in Kitsap though. but i like the rest!
User avatar
Lieutenant flyingskiman
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu May 10, 2007 9:22 pm
Location: Seattle, WA
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)

Postby Backglass on Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:08 pm

I love it!

Now, my problem is I was born & raised in Bellevue, my sister is in Tacoma, my brother lives in Everett and my parents are retired in Kingston. Which county to I dominate first?! :lol:
Image
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Backglass
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:48 pm
Location: New York
Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby Xyl on Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:09 pm

Tisha wrote:better? The river in the south is actually Carbon River and the river in the north is White River...White River actually flows into Carbon River on the REAL maps... should I lie, and continue it to the sound?


Well, you can either lie and continue it to the sound, or you can have it actually drain into the carbon river and use it as the Tacoma/Orting border. But having it just disappear randomly doesn't seem like a good option. It makes it look like it's flowing east. :)

Of course, that's not the only reason it looks like it's going east. The other reason is that your tributaries are pointing in the wrong direction on both rivers... :D
Major Xyl
 
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:43 am
Location: Seattle, WA

Postby Tisha on Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:57 am

Xyl wrote:
Tisha wrote:better? The river in the south is actually Carbon River and the river in the north is White River...White River actually flows into Carbon River on the REAL maps... should I lie, and continue it to the sound?


Well, you can either lie and continue it to the sound, or you can have it actually drain into the carbon river and use it as the Tacoma/Orting border. But having it just disappear randomly doesn't seem like a good option. It makes it look like it's flowing east. :)

Of course, that's not the only reason it looks like it's going east. The other reason is that your tributaries are pointing in the wrong direction on both rivers... :D


that's pretty much the way the river goes..
Image :?:
User avatar
Major Tisha
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:41 am
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6)
General Contribution (3)

Postby Keredrex on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:18 am

try using all white text for the names and a black Drop shadow....
User avatar
Lieutenant Keredrex
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:41 am
Location: New York
Medals: 9
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Tisha on Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:33 am

Keredrex wrote:try using all white text for the names and a black Drop shadow....


Image
User avatar
Major Tisha
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:41 am
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6)
General Contribution (3)

Postby jako on Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:53 pm

Tisha wrote:jako, is there anything u actually like about the map at all?

I actually loved the totem pole.. great for the North West. I found a picture of it complete.

Image

The colors do look nice on the map, I'm just not sure where to fit a totem pole.. :?

and is this font better reverend_kyle? (please say yes) there aren't many that I like. I know it does need shadow or something to the font...would just like reverend_kyle's approval before working on that more..

Image


to be honest, this wouldnt be my first pick to play on. its looking a lot better now. rivers are good, i was also gonna suggest keeping ur terr name fonts the same but it was already suggested and implemented so no problems there.

im not a fan of the borders for ur terrs, especially in mason co. it just looks rough and not very pretty. but i dont expect u to change it since that may be how the real borders are.

i dont reconmend adding the totem as it will distract player's attention from the map and create unneccesary clutter for ur map.

the colours look a lot better now, but if i may, i would like to suggest toning down the water. its pretty hard on the eyes adn is also a bit distracting compared to the lighter colours of ur land.

btw, could u do something about the border of Mt rainer. its pretty annoying to see a box terr compared to the relative style of ur other borders. i just hope u didnt add it in, just cause its a landmark near that area. box terrs dont make good terrs especially when the rest of ur map does not follow the same format.
Image

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
User avatar
Lieutenant jako
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:50 am
Location: A lost soul with no-one to stalk.
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby Tisha on Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:45 pm

you don't have to play on it jako.. not every one likes every map...everyone has favorites.

The font has always been one font throughout... no matter what the font was.

The borders are the borders of the actual counties, so i would like to keep them.

You don't like the map anyways jako, u haven't really liked anything about it.. would u even play it? It feels like to please you I would have to make a completely new map.

I have already changed the water. it was alot darker.... and if i do make it lighter it looks really bland to me. it's not hard on the eyes, I have been staring at it the whole time while working on this map.. might i suggest glasses? :lol:

I just didn't throw Mt. Rainier in there. I wanted a territory there... so I looked at an actual map of Washington and seen Mt. Rainier National Park was right there, in the square shape, so I added it.
User avatar
Major Tisha
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:41 am
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6)
General Contribution (3)

Postby cena-rules on Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:49 pm

maps looking good tish. I would like too see the ferry routes in white as they would blend nice other than that

****/*****
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
User avatar
Lieutenant cena-rules
 
Posts: 9789
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:27 am
Location: Chat
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (1)

Postby jako on Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:54 pm

i guess this is my last comment on this map since tisha told me on the chat to stay away, EDITED.

to answer ur above post tisha, i would play it, at least once anyways. hell i played DiM's AoM map, and i thought that map was away worse than urs.

by font i meant font colour, sorry i was rushing and forgot to type in colour. but u fixed it so forget what i just said :lol: (u probably dont need since ur gonna ignore my comments anyways.)

i guess u can keep the borders, but there is a fine line between accuracy, and playability. so plz keep that in mind.

i never said i didnt like ur map, i just stated that it wouldnt be one of my first picks to play. and i do like some things in ur map. let me get back to u when i can think of some. :?

i dont need glasses, but if u feel the sea is good enough, i cant change ur mind. it could be just me i guess.

so the map u looked at drew mt rainier as a square? hm....like i said above, there is a very fine line between accuracy and playability, its up to u which side u stay on.

okay thats it for me then. i'l stop anymore comments tisha, but i'l look in from time to time. i know u will probably not be happy i made this one final comment in ur thread.

remember i'l be watching in the background :wink:, adn i really do hope ur map turns out for the best and goes to live play.... eventually :D
Image

Time to retire this much loved sig of mine with a new clan.
User avatar
Lieutenant jako
 
Posts: 1022
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:50 am
Location: A lost soul with no-one to stalk.
Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby Tisha on Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:10 pm

jako wrote:i guess this is my last comment on this map since tisha told me on the chat to stay away, EDITED.

to answer ur above post tisha, i would play it, at least once anyways. hell i played DiM's AoM map, and i thought that map was away worse than urs.

by font i meant font colour, sorry i was rushing and forgot to type in colour. but u fixed it so forget what i just said :lol: (u probably dont need since ur gonna ignore my comments anyways.)

i guess u can keep the borders, but there is a fine line between accuracy, and playability. so plz keep that in mind.

i never said i didnt like ur map, i just stated that it wouldnt be one of my first picks to play. and i do like some things in ur map. let me get back to u when i can think of some. :?

i dont need glasses, but if u feel the sea is good enough, i cant change ur mind. it could be just me i guess.

so the map u looked at drew mt rainier as a square? hm....like i said above, there is a very fine line between accuracy and playability, its up to u which side u stay on.

okay thats it for me then. i'l stop anymore comments tisha, but i'l look in from time to time. i know u will probably not be happy i made this one final comment in ur thread.

remember i'l be watching in the background :wink:, adn i really do hope ur map turns out for the best and goes to live play.... eventually :D


yes in chat i jokingly told you to stay away from my map, since you don't seem to care for it anyways

i didn't say that Mt. Rainier was drawn as a square, i said Mt. Rainier National Park was drawn as a square.... the playability of the map will not change whether the territory is a square or a different shape there
User avatar
Major Tisha
 
Posts: 1061
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:41 am
Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (2) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6)
General Contribution (3)

Postby edbeard on Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:14 pm

why don't you call it Mt. Rainier Park then? (Or Mt. Rainier Nat. Park) Makes it clearer so this question won't come up. Though to me it's fine without a change.

As for your bridge from Lakewood to Tacoma, I would extend the ends of the bridge to go into the actual territories. That way it actually looks like a bridge. (see cairns coral coast map)
User avatar
Major edbeard
 
Posts: 2501
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 am
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Login