Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby max is gr8 on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:37 am

I think that dad is too powerful, I've only played this map a few times, all recently, all of them I thought dad is overpowered. Dad has 2 borders and gets a bonus of 3, Bud has 2 Sis Has 2 and both of them get 2. I think the bonus on Dad should be decreased.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
User avatar
Corporal max is gr8
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:44 am
Location: In a big ball of light sent from the future
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:46 am

max is gr8 wrote:I think that dad is too powerful, I've only played this map a few times, all recently, all of them I thought dad is overpowered. Dad has 2 borders and gets a bonus of 3, Bud has 2 Sis Has 2 and both of them get 2. I think the bonus on Dad should be decreased.

If you can gather some substantial support for that, I will make it happen. ;)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:43 am

cairnswk wrote:
max is gr8 wrote:I think that dad is too powerful, I've only played this map a few times, all recently, all of them I thought dad is overpowered. Dad has 2 borders and gets a bonus of 3, Bud has 2 Sis Has 2 and both of them get 2. I think the bonus on Dad should be decreased.

If you can gather some substantial support for that, I will make it happen. ;)


i support that 100%. moreover, Dad's 2 borders are connected to each other. so if 1 is invaded, they can immediately claim the territory back from the other border

on the other hand, for Bud, Sis, and Mom, their 2 borders are not connected. thus if 1 of the borders are invaded, it is harder to claim back the territory with only a single troop in the bordering territory, if you get what i mean :S
User avatar
Colonel anamainiacks
 
Posts: 1580
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:21 am
Medals: 79
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7) Tournament Contribution (31)
General Contribution (4)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby Gilligan on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:26 am

That actually makes sense...
Image
User avatar
Colonel Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant
 
Posts: 12701
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 4:59 pm
Location: Providence, RI
Medals: 197
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Most Improved Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3)
Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3)
Bot Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (8)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby max is gr8 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:39 am

woo! I have anamainiacks support - He has a really old game on this map nearly the oldest I believe. That is all thank you.
‹max is gr8› so you're a tee-total healthy-eating sex-addict?
‹New_rules› Everyone has some bad habits
(4th Jan 2010)
User avatar
Corporal max is gr8
 
Posts: 3720
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:44 am
Location: In a big ball of light sent from the future
Medals: 33
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (11)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby Joodoo on Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 am

can the front path/driveway attack the neighbours?
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
User avatar
Lieutenant Joodoo
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:19 am
Location: Greater Toronto, Canada
Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:40 am

Joodoo wrote:can the front path/driveway attack the neighbours?

Yes.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby Teflon Kris on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:33 pm

The lack of link between sis' access and storage is entirely, err ... misleading.
User avatar
Captain Teflon Kris
 
Posts: 3724
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:39 pm
Location: Lancashire, United Kingdom
Medals: 174
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (4) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (4)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (20) Challenge Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (8)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:51 pm

All of the borders in the 'Common Areas' bonuses are unclear. It could do with a little editing.
I doubt the original file will be needed for such an edit if you want to change it.
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby the.killing.44 on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:43 pm

The whole map could do with more than a little bit of editing.
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:56 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:The whole map could do with more than a little bit of editing.

You're right - let's hope Cairns will show some support.

I think the Dog should start neutral too.
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:54 am

Thanks for your input guys, but it ain't gonna happen. Sorry. ;)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby demonfork on Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:49 am

cairnswk wrote:Thanks for your input guys, but it ain't gonna happen. Sorry. ;)


Why? Because you say so? Are you too above it?

Typical foundry snob attitude.
Image
User avatar
Sergeant demonfork
 
Posts: 1483
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Your moms house
Medals: 58
Conqueror Achievement (1) Conquer Cup Bronze Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2)
Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4)
Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (2)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:06 pm

demonfork wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Thanks for your input guys, but it ain't gonna happen. Sorry. ;)


Why? Because you say so? Are you too above it?

Typical foundry snob attitude.


Yes Demon Fork, because i say so. My map.
If people think that i am going to run around after every little thing that they don't like on a map after it's quenched, then they're wrong. A Map takes it's journey through the foundry and whilst it is in production that is the opportunity for everyone to have their say.
But it seems that those that have the biggest whinge after quenching don't bother to comment on maps whilst they are in production. This map is already quenched and if you aren't happy with it, then don't play it. Otherwise, if you desperately want to play it, then play it, but don't expect me to be your slave of whim. this for me is a hobby, not a business.
There is another way to change a quenched map, and that is to have it re-vamped. Get that movement going if you're game.
As for the typical foundry snob attitude, i think you're way out of your depth there mate, and if you're making that comment on behalf of others, then let them come out and say so themselves.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby the.killing.44 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:10 pm

I wasn't here when this was going through development, but I can see at least a dozen things I'd like to be fixed on this. However, it's already been quenched, and we might as well let it be an unpopular map. I don't like it, and thus choose to avoid it (random permitting). I suggest you do the same.

As for the snob comment … oh come on.
User avatar
Major the.killing.44
 
Posts: 4737
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:43 pm
Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes
Medals: 47
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (3)
Clan Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (4)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:34 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:I wasn't here when this was going through development, but I can see at least a dozen things I'd like to be fixed on this. However, it's already been quenched, and we might as well let it be an unpopular map. I don't like it, and thus choose to avoid it (random permitting). I suggest you do the same.

As for the snob comment … oh come on.


.44, yes i realise you probably weren't here when this was being developed. But for those who did follow it and comment...they seemed quite happy with it otherwise it wouldn't have been quenched.
And this is a challenge with retrospectivity....
Something that is done several months ago is:
a. not going to continue being as popular as it was when it was first developed unless its the classic map (default)
b. there is always going to be someone like yourself come along afterwards and say, shit, bad job on that one.
I will agree with you, it's not one of my best efforts, but i beleive it fits what the map is meant to represent and the gameplay is a bit of fun. If it's unpopular, then perhaps it doesn't fit in with everyone's (current members/players) idea of being a map that has some mystical aspect relevant to folk-lore, or a map that is entirely geographic or warlike, and has to have professional photoshop finishes to it...(btw, i don't work in PS)

You well know, that i am onle of the foundry's mapmakers who does his utmost to try and please people, but i will only do that when there is huge outcry. and let's face it...even the recent changes for Das Schloss have taken forever and a day to get done. so i am not in a hurry now to consider revamping this one. IMHO this map will always be somewhat unpopular for reasons given, not because of the unstunning graphics.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby Monsterblood on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:28 pm

I just want to comment on this map, my first time trying this out and I absolutely love it. Its unique maps like these (crossword, madness etc) makes CC even more enjoyable. Its always good now and again to play on a map that has no relation to countries at all and just something different and fun. Keep it up mate, I hope to see more unique of maps like this coming out in the future. Very pleased to play on it...simple, attractive, different but fun indeed.
Sergeant 1st Class Monsterblood
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 8:08 am
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:03 pm

Monsterblood wrote:I just want to comment on this map, my first time trying this out and I absolutely love it. Its unique maps like these (crossword, madness etc) makes CC even more enjoyable. Its always good now and again to play on a map that has no relation to countries at all and just something different and fun. Keep it up mate, I hope to see more unique of maps like this coming out in the future. Very pleased to play on it...simple, attractive, different but fun indeed.

Thanks Monsterblood. Please you like it...and the variety. :)
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby conquerclubftw on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Cairnswk,

I really like the whole idea of the map. However, if the doghouse does not start neutral, wouldn't one player have a very big advantage at the beginning of the game?
And... if you agree that the graphics need to be revamped, I can definitely help with that.

cairnswk wrote:
demonfork wrote:
cairnswk wrote:Thanks for your input guys, but it ain't gonna happen. Sorry. ;)


Why? Because you say so? Are you too above it?

Typical foundry snob attitude.


Yes Demon Fork, because i say so. My map.
If people think that i am going to run around after every little thing that they don't like on a map after it's quenched, then they're wrong. A Map takes it's journey through the foundry and whilst it is in production that is the opportunity for everyone to have their say.
But it seems that those that have the biggest whinge after quenching don't bother to comment on maps whilst they are in production. This map is already quenched and if you aren't happy with it, then don't play it. Otherwise, if you desperately want to play it, then play it, but don't expect me to be your slave of whim. this for me is a hobby, not a business.
There is another way to change a quenched map, and that is to have it re-vamped. Get that movement going if you're game.
As for the typical foundry snob attitude, i think you're way out of your depth there mate, and if you're making that comment on behalf of others, then let them come out and say so themselves.
Sergeant 1st Class conquerclubftw
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:43 am
Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:58 pm

Hi Cairns, I'm glad you made this map, and it's true that it does add variety to the map selection to have this kind of thing available.

As I posted in the other thread, some of the borders are slightly unclear.
Particularly the horizontal borders in the Common Areas region....Lounge<->Hallway and Hallway<->Entrance, obviously due to the floor texture.

Also, it might just be me, but I overlooked the Patio<->Rear Path connection in my first games on the map. Maybe that's because the Patio<->Den hallway impassable is about the same colour/thickness as the real border, though I'm sure I'll live regardless.

Oh, and I'd also like to suggest that the Dog begins as a neutral region. Not only is the immediate +1 bonus a nuisance (unless you hold it, I guess), but taking another region out of the starting positions might reduce the number of starting positions to 11. At the moment, in a 1vs1 game, both players start with 12 regions, giving +4 and an immediate advantage to the first player.

But, hey, it's your map; and it's evidently functional, what with over 11,000 finished games.
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:23 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Hi Cairns, I'm glad you made this map, and it's true that it does add variety to the map selection to have this kind of thing available.

As I posted in the other thread, some of the borders are slightly unclear.
Particularly the horizontal borders in the Common Areas region....Lounge<->Hallway and Hallway<->Entrance, obviously due to the floor texture.

Also, it might just be me, but I overlooked the Patio<->Rear Path connection in my first games on the map. Maybe that's because the Patio<->Den hallway impassable is about the same colour/thickness as the real border, though I'm sure I'll live regardless.

Oh, and I'd also like to suggest that the Dog begins as a neutral region. Not only is the immediate +1 bonus a nuisance (unless you hold it, I guess), but taking another region out of the starting positions might reduce the number of starting positions to 11. At the moment, in a 1vs1 game, both players start with 12 regions, giving +4 and an immediate advantage to the first player.

But, hey, it's your map; and it's evidently functional, what with over 11,000 finished games.


Thanks manBungalow for commenting.
I am now more partial to hearing about these things than i was before, i still don't know about the dog house starting neutral through, i guess may have to go through that all over again. Whichever way, some people are bound to be unhappy with things if they change.

For now though, i am considering a revamp along these lines, but doing this is in Illustrator/PS for clearer lines.
No changes to actual gameplay except the discussion about doghouse, but certainly a change to graphics along these lines
Image
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby onbekende on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:44 am

Now it looks like the Master bedroom comes out unto Common Hallway, while before it was Den Hallway. desired?

Why 3D, this is a 2D world!
Emperor of the Benelux
Founder of the Commonwealth of Planets
Founder and CEO of JF
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class onbekende
 
Posts: 1530
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:19 am
Location: Belgium
Medals: 16
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:11 pm

onbekende wrote:Now it looks like the Master bedroom comes out unto Common Hallway, while before it was Den Hallway. desired?

Why 3D, this is a 2D world!

Why 3D - a new perspective for this map. We do have a couple of 3D maps with 2D elements, so up to a point it can work.
I don't know if i can pull it off though. :(
This map is only a prospective view done in a few minutes, so everything will still be unclear as it has not been re-worked in another program to make it clearer...yet.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:47 pm

cairnswk wrote:
onbekende wrote:Now it looks like the Master bedroom comes out unto Common Hallway, while before it was Den Hallway. desired?

Why 3D, this is a 2D world!

Why 3D - a new perspective for this map. We do have a couple of 3D maps with 2D elements, so up to a point it can work.
I don't know if i can pull it off though. :(
This map is only a prospective view done in a few minutes, so everything will still be unclear as it has not been re-worked in another program to make it clearer...yet.

Maybe it would be best if you made a 3D map from scratch, instead of reworking Madness in this theme ?

It could be a perspective image like this:
Image

When I posted Madness in the revamp thread, it's only because some of the borders are quite faint.
Image
User avatar
Colonel ManBungalow
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:02 am
Location: On a giant rock orbiting a star somewhere
Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

Re: Madness (Our House) [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:57 pm

ManBungalow wrote:...
Maybe it would be best if you made a 3D map from scratch, instead of reworking Madness in this theme ?

It could be a perspective image like this:
image


When I posted Madness in the revamp thread, it's only because some of the borders are quite faint.

map in 3d? that is probably possible.
I still want to take the Madness map into another software program, so perhaps i will retain it in 2D.
User avatar
Private cairnswk
 
Posts: 11492
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:32 pm
Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron
Login