Charleston, SC [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Charleston, SC (XML- pg.19) [Final Forge]

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:56 pm

I'm not joining games on anything but RjBeals maps until he comes back. Hell, I'll personally pay him to finish each and every map if it takes that.
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (3)

Postby Natewolfman on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:00 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:I'm not joining games on anything but RjBeals maps until he comes back. Hell, I'll personally pay him to finish each and every map if it takes that.

Prime... even without the mod status you are still the coolest member here :lol: If it comes to paying for him, hell ill throw in a couple bucks right along side with you! =D>
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Postby Optimus Prime on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Natewolfman wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:I'm not joining games on anything but RjBeals maps until he comes back. Hell, I'll personally pay him to finish each and every map if it takes that.

Prime... even without the mod status you are still the coolest member here :lol: If it comes to paying for him, hell ill throw in a couple bucks right along side with you! =D>

I'm dead serious. I am not above bribing him to return with everything feasibly within my power. You cannot put a price on the quality that he delivers time and time again.
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)

Postby jiminski on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:11 pm

this is a terrible, terrible shame!
Major jiminski

Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (2)

Postby Natewolfman on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:25 pm

Optimus Prime wrote:
Natewolfman wrote:

I'm dead serious. I am not above bribing him to return with everything feasibly within my power. You cannot put a price on the quality that he delivers time and time again.

oh i know your serious, and as am i, if you do, i will throw down and help :)
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Medals: 75
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (11) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (30) General Contribution (1)

Postby Kaplowitz on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:26 pm

the only thing that comes to mind is:

:O
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)

Postby edbeard on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:27 pm

ultimately, these are Rj's babies and they're his to do with what he pleases. It was a pleasure to contribute my thoughts to your maps. But, while I might have problems with 75% of CC decisions, I have to say that I feel you've jumped the gun a bit. We don't know any details and it seems like quick mopups of those maps were just needed to keep current games alive. Twill did mention a classic revamp open to anyone so classic will be back in some form. I'm actually quite disappointed in your decision because this map was basically ready to go live. I'm sure quite a few people were looking forward to it coming out and many people put quite a bit of time contributing to help this map come along. I feel your decision, which to me seems like it was intended as a slight revolt against CC, has just punished these people. I do support your decision, though, since these are your maps. I just hope you change your mind.
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby ZeakCytho on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:37 am

Kaplowitz wrote:the only thing that comes to mind is:

:O

I got another one:

:'(

Come back Rj!
Captain ZeakCytho

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby amazzony on Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:41 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You can't do it, please? Your maps were the maps that I actually followed with great interest and I actually dared to post foundry (to your threads, of course) because of your friendly attitude and maps that interested me. Omg, you made me a foundry follower, you can't leave your maps! [-o<

I'll be your groupie if you return! :lol:
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Medals: 113
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (4)

Postby Optimus Prime on Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:57 pm

It's back!! Let's quench it!!
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Postby yeti_c on Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:43 am

Optimus Prime wrote:It's back!! Let's quench it!!

Quickly - before he changes his mind.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby RjBeals on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:12 am

yeti_c wrote:
Optimus Prime wrote:It's back!! Let's quench it!!

Quickly - before he changes his mind.

C.

Not funny yeti. why don't you go work with the classic revamp group and leave my thread alone.
Private RjBeals

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
General Achievement (7) Map Contribution (6) General Contribution (2)

Postby yeti_c on Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:24 pm

RjBeals wrote:Not funny yeti. why don't you go work with the classic revamp group and leave my thread alone.

Ouch - someone got out of bed on the wrong side!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:47 pm

Quenching

---The Final Forge period has concluded for the Charleston, SC Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready for live play (barring any Lack vetoes).

Conquer Club, enjoy!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Re: Charleston, SC [Quenched]

Postby cairnswk on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:03 pm

At last Rj...wasn't it worth coming back just for the satisfaction of seeing this quenched?
It always was a winner...I said that ages ago....Congrats =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Private cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby edbeard on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:04 pm

grtz!
Major edbeard

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby ZeakCytho on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:02 pm

=D>
Captain ZeakCytho

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Map Contribution (2) General Contribution (1)

Postby Optimus Prime on Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:56 pm

This will go a long way to making me happy with CC again. :)
Cadet Optimus Prime
Retired Administrator

Postby Incandenza on Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:09 am

Congrats, RJ... another gorgeous addition to the canon.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby RjBeals on Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:03 am

Thanks to all who helped development of this map.
Private RjBeals

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby amazzony on Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Great work, Rj! Congratulations! =D>
"Thou shalt accept thy dice rolls as the will of the Gods" (Church of Gaming)
"amazzony is a beast" (Woodruff)
Lieutenant amazzony

Medals: 113
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Tournament Achievement (26) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (32) General Contribution (4)

Postby morleyjoe on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 am

Awesome map - love it! Great work, love the City too!
Captain morleyjoe

Location: Niagara Falls CANADA (even though CC sometimes thinks I'm in the United States)
Medals: 122
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (20) Tournament Contribution (15)

Postby Joe B. on Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:59 am

The map looks damn good to me, no complaints. Easy to read and see.
Major Joe B.

Medals: 32
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (3)

Postby hgualandi on Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:27 pm

I say get 'er done. I'm interested in the idea.

also, i think bridges would help. after all, that's the mindset in chas. "it's gonna take me four bridges to get there??!! Nevermind, I'll see y'all later."

I haven't played it yet, but i think gameplay would work out pretty well.

word
Sergeant 1st Class hgualandi

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby RjBeals on Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:24 pm

hgualandi wrote:"it's gonna take me four bridges to get there??!!

Ha I know what you mean. I tried to add the Cooper-River / Arthur Ravenel bridge. But I couldn't get the look to fit in with the map style. I hear ya though. Bridges Bridges Everywhere!
Private RjBeals

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas