Special Thanks to (in no particular order)Serbia, Mr. Nate, Big Jon, Krueger, littilj for helping play test.
- 1) Faith group increased in territory size by 1 (taking artifactory from Magic and renaming it Chapel while renaming the current chapel, the confessional). This also was to lower the number of territories that magic has (old was 12). Magic now has 11.
- 2) The arrow from the Library to the Component Closet was switched. The old map would allow a player to defend the entire left side of the magic area by only holding the Dormitory. By switching this arrow the defense of the magic area was made more difficult plus since the only way to get to Faith from Magic was the old artifactory, defending the Faith area was too easy.
- 3) The main gate was taken out of the Halls group and will start with 3 neutrals. It just made the Halls harder to hold and with the current direction of the arrows, It does not affect either the borders or attack positions of the three groups at the bottom (Magic, Might, Halls)
- 4) When looking over the map after playing a while it was easy to see that the halls were really the only thing that could attack and be attacked by each other group. This was fixed.
We decided that each bonus group needed to be able to attack, directly, at least 2 other bonuses.
Faith/Magic/Halls: By including the old Artifactory (now Chapel) to the Faith group the number of borders did not go up. But we still had the problem that the new chapel was cutoff from the rest of Faith. We then shortened the West Hall and made the sleeping arcade adjacent to the new chapel.
The chapel can now attack the West Hall (previously the Sleeping arcade could).
Halls/Stealth/Might: With the old map the Might group could only attack the Halls. With the main gate removed from the Halls group the ready room can attack across to the Practice Range but not directly. We also thought that the number of borders for the 2nd largest group should be higher than three.
So we decided to have the Archery Range attack the Poison Storage. This fulfills the requirement of each group being able to attack at least 2 other bonus groups directly. We also allowed the covert training to attack into the archery range, thus increasing the Might borders to 4.
- 5) The name of the Vestibule was changed to Central Hall to keep with the Hall bonus naming convention
So as it stands now
- Code: Select all
Bonus Group Territories Borders Bonus
Stealth 5 2 3
Faith 6 3 4
Halls 5 4 5
Might 9 4 6
Magic 11 4 7
Main Gate (Starting with 3 neutrals)
EDIT: I also switched the floor patterns between Stealth and Might. That way, magic and might have dissimilar patterns. Previously the where both rectangular.
I will start working on the XML shortly.