WWII: Battle of Gazala [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:10 pm

hulmey wrote:Like the idea....Afraid graphics are quite poor for your very high standards!

Care to expand on that Hulmey please?
Private cairnswk

Medals: 51
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:11 pm

unriggable wrote:What the hell is "any surrounding position" for mortars? Specify in map.

Unriggable.....what do you think it might mean?
Private cairnswk

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (2) Map Contribution (36) General Contribution (3)

tobruk

Postby WL_southerner on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:30 pm

cairn i dont know if this might help http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/2WWtobruk.htm
might give a bit of in sight off the battle history
friends :- come and go _ i have loads of them
mates :- go and come back_only have a few
Leatsa, dh'fhàgainnsa...
Corporal WL_southerner

Re: tobruk

Postby cairnswk on Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:35 pm

WL_southerner wrote:cairn i dont know if this might help http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/2WWtobruk.htm
might give a bit of in sight off the battle history

Thanks for that WL_Southern...that is pertinent more so for the other maps each side of this one.
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Any more comments on this one,,,before i go to work on it again?

Private cairnswk

Postby Unit_2 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:26 pm

no offence cairswk, but i don't liek the map/idea of it, Pearl habor is all really confusing..
Private 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:01 pm

Unit_2 wrote:no offence cairswk, but i don't liek the map/idea of it, Pearl habor is all really confusing..

thanks unit_2, yes it may seem confusing, but all you've got to do is study the map first and work out what can attack where...appreciate your feedback though. :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:48 pm

Is anyone sstill interested in this map? At this rate....it might get forged by 2020
Private cairnswk

Postby Balsiefen on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:21 pm

I missed this map entirely...

Anyway, the attack routs are very cluttered ATM. you'll need to fix that though i'm not sure how.
Sergeant 1st Class Balsiefen

Location: The Ford of the Aldar in the East of the Kingdom of Lindissi
Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (1)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:22 pm

Cairns - as ever you've created another marvel... however I'm more interested in your other maps - as I have interest in those - I know nothing about this battle...

However - stick with it... I like the idea of set routes for Tank movement...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:57 pm

Actually I think you might want to drop this one. :(
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby edbeard on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:18 pm

Coleman wrote:Actually I think you might want to drop this one. :(

Either that, or do something Waterloo-esque by going at this from a different perspective graphically (not saying to make it like Waterloo, but I think you understand me (probably others would misinterpret this)).
Major edbeard

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (3)

Postby Baghdad on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:34 pm

We appreciate the time and effort you put into this bro...

But my god lol... as other said, I like the work of art on your other maps...

Those were/ are awesome... but this one.. It looks fun but complicated

:)
It is my conviction that killing under the Cloak of War is nothing but an act of Murder - Albert Einstein

Corporal 1st Class Baghdad

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:37 am

Ah...I'm not in favour of that Coleman, but i'd be interested to hear your reasoning behind your statement...afterall one of the requriements for making some of these statements is that we must provide reasoning behind them. Sorry. but i love playing devils advocate. :twisted:
Private cairnswk

Postby Incandenza on Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:41 am

The map is interesting, but it seems like the small version is going to be reeeeeeaaaaally cluttered.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:23 am

cairnswk wrote:

Ah...I'm not in favour of that Coleman, but i'd be interested to hear your reasoning behind your statement...afterall one of the requriements for making some of these statements is that we must provide reasoning behind them. Sorry. but i love playing devils advocate. :twisted:

The reasoning is that you don't seem to have a lot of support as of late. It's very difficult to follow. Nobody has any suggestions for making it easier to follow that wouldn't change the whole map. If we're going to change the whole map we might as well start over in Map Ideas.
Sergeant Coleman

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby cairnswk on Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:59 am

Coleman wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

The reasoning is that you don't seem to have a lot of support as of late. It's very difficult to follow. Nobody has any suggestions for making it easier to follow that wouldn't change the whole map. If we're going to change the whole map we might as well start over in Map Ideas.

Coleman...thanks for that. I appreciate your concern.
I am beginning to wonder the same thing.
Perhaps I am not llonged to continue making these map on CC as people can't seem and don't seem to want to follow them and changed their thinking from the Classic model.
I will review the situation shortly.
And yes, i am not in favour of changing the map as it will change the whole concept of what essentially was the Battle of Gazala.
If player aren't interested in these maps then there is nothing i can do, but just role up the paint brushes. :cry:
Private cairnswk

Postby Incandenza on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:08 am

Dude, you make difficult, technical maps. They fill an important niche here. Let not the paucity of public feedback dissuade you. I've had some great games on CCC, and I have an advanced flat rate game going on actium that kicks ass.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Medals: 44
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (8)
General Contribution (4)

Postby Coleman on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:14 am

I agree with Incandenza, but I don't think this map is working. I think a lot of the problem is the weird layout for this one. The connections are hard to see and confusing. Not sure if they still overlap or not, that's how confusing they are.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby asl80 on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:40 am

would be sad to see this one go. i like it, it's not that confusing. I've been away for a while so haven't checked up on it. It's really not that confusing, the only thing (from last memory) was getting the bonuses right. Keep it afloat!
Captain asl80

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby bryguy on Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:44 am

이것은 위대한지도! dont를 종료합니다! 이 항목은 최고입니다!

Dit is een geweldige kaart! Dont stoppen! Het ziet er geweldig uit!

Este es un gran mapa! No salga! Se ve genial!

Dies ist eine große Karte! Dont beenden! Es sieht toll aus

uesta è una grande mappa! Non smettere! Sembra grande!

これは、偉大な地図! dont終了!すごい!

Note: all these say: This is a great map! Dont quit! it looks great!
Corporal bryguy

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:14 am

bryguy wrote:이것은 위대한지도! dont를 종료합니다! 이 항목은 최고입니다!

Dit is een geweldige kaart! Dont stoppen! Het ziet er geweldig uit!

Este es un gran mapa! No salga! Se ve genial!

Dies ist eine große Karte! Dont beenden! Es sieht toll aus

uesta è una grande mappa! Non smettere! Sembra grande!

これは、偉大な地図! dont終了!すごい!

Note: all these say: This is a great map! Dont quit! it looks great!

:lol: :lol: :) :) :) :)
Private cairnswk

Postby cairnswk on Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:15 am

asl80 wrote:would be sad to see this one go. i like it, it's not that confusing. I've been away for a while so haven't checked up on it. It's really not that confusing, the only thing (from last memory) was getting the bonuses right. Keep it afloat!

Appreciation asl80! :wink: :)
Private cairnswk

Postby unriggable on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:48 am

I have a really hard time with it.
Cook unriggable

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Postby cairnswk on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:30 pm

unriggable wrote:I have a really hard time with it.

Thanks for the feedback unriggable...i guess you'd represent most people!?
Private cairnswk

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas