Duck & Cover [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby oaktown on Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:48 pm

yeti_c wrote:I really don't think that added anything!!

C.

It added an hour of work to my morning. :?
Captain oaktown

Medals: 30
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Postby mediahack on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:02 pm

I'll show my age here: I almost snorted my drink out my nose at this map. The Turtle feels like an old friend who finally got an effin' sense of humor. Love the concept.
Kill them. Drink their blood.
Sergeant mediahack

Medals: 5
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby wrightfan123 on Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:03 pm

Love the avatar, Dad. :)

Oh yea, the map looks great, too. Might wanna take out one of the USA mushrooms clouds, though.

-W123
Private 1st Class wrightfan123

Location: Looking over every baseball team's schedule to try to determine who will win the World Series.
Medals: 10
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby Swifte on Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:24 pm

i like the map. I know you have the stars, but the "USA only" bonus is still confusing because Alaska is part of the US. Might want to specify "lower 48 states" or "continental US" or .. i dunno. just a suggestion.
Major Swifte
Chatter
Chatter

Medals: 125
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (31) Clan Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (7)

Postby oaktown on Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:38 am

Swifte wrote:i like the map. I know you have the stars, but the "USA only" bonus is still confusing because Alaska is part of the US. Might want to specify "lower 48 states" or "continental US" or .. i dunno. just a suggestion.

This was discussed recently, and the general consensus was that: 1) it's fine because Alaska wasn't a state in the 1950s, the era of this map, and 2) it is my hope that it will be obvious by the stars what is going on.

The other day somebody suggested that the old American style stars were better than the asterisk-stars... I'm kind of in that camp as well, epecially since I'm already using a standard five-pointed star on the top of the map, where it says "conquer." I may try to update the standard stars and post another version for discussion.
Captain oaktown

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (12)
General Contribution (5)

Postby Backglass on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:16 am

oaktown wrote:The other day somebody suggested that the old American style stars were better than the asterisk-stars... I'm kind of in that camp as well, epecially since I'm already using a standard five-pointed star on the top of the map, where it says "conquer." I may try to update the standard stars and post another version for discussion.

I agree. The asterisk's look like snowflakes at first glance. Stars would be better IMHO.
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:41 am

Pffft - I said this ages ago!!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Medals: 46
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (1) Map Contribution (13) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (10)

Postby oaktown on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:35 pm

Here it is with proper stars. They're a bit smaller than before, and I've angled them so the "top" of the star could be north, rather than the top of the image. Nothing else is new to this version.

Captain oaktown

General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:38 pm

Not sure what kind of comment this is. Is the plane flying over the U.S. a B-52?
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby oaktown on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:40 pm

Coleman wrote:Not sure what kind of comment this is. Is the plane flying over the U.S. a B-52?

Yes... it seemed the most cold war-esque. The Russian plane is a Tu-16, also a bomber from the late 50s.
Captain oaktown

General Contribution (5)

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:42 pm

Glad you researched. :lol:
Sergeant Coleman

Medals: 25
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Assassin Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2)
Training Achievement (1) Map Contribution (6) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby oaktown on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:58 pm

anything for the sake of historical accuracy!

Captain oaktown

General Contribution (5)

Postby rebelman on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:47 pm

i know it was already discussed and added because of that discussion but i would love to see the north pole gone from this map it looks like a part that oaktown forgot to colour in

i prefer stars to snow flakes
Don't now why people on here don't like being cooks, remember under siege: A former SEAL, now cook, is the only person who can stop a gang of terrorists when they sieze control of a US Navy battleship.
Private rebelman

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby gimil on Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:59 pm

rebelman wrote:i know it was already discussed and added because of that discussion but i would love to see the north pole gone from this map it looks like a part that oaktown forgot to colour in

i prefer stars to snow flakes

perhaps giving it a dark blue boardr will cheer rebelman up? :D
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Medals: 39
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (5)

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:05 pm

yer unsure bout the N but i assume thats been talked about...

the stars as is now, look wikid, congrats oak..looking forward to this. first game 6 player assasin freestyle!!
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (13) Tournament Contribution (8) General Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas